mt comp 2009 (eat it)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally i’ve got round to doing some sort of review thing, brief as it is, i’ve just picked out the tracks that i liked and said a few words about them...

Track 4 – Cars Apart : Reminds me a little of early Portishead, also a less French sounding Air, relaxing, very pleasant

Track 5 – The Zeppo : Ariel Pink fan ? ?

Track 6 – Thom Praisewater : Nice lyrics, pleasant sound, i like your voice, reminds me of zanier Cherry Ghost or Richard Hawley ... too long though maybe

Track 8 – George Woskob : Really cool sound, Animal Collective sort of vibe going on, one of my favourite tracks

Track 9 – Gambler : Drew me in right from the start, like this housey bass line, really cool piece of music, nice use of dialogue sample...much better than the other comp tracks that have used it, kinda reminds me of Frosti by Bjork but with a beat and a bassline

Track 10 – A Bit Cagey : Great voice, great melodies, love the bit in the middle with all the colliding voices, parts of the music remind me of Bjork, one of the best tracks

Track 11 – Jack takes revenge : Pretty abrasive, what did you use to make this? What gear?

Track 15 – Eight Blind Women : Like the raw sound of the drums, Dead Weather kinda sound, riff is a bit repetitive, DFA 1979 vibe for sure as it goes on

Track 16 – Fallen Parrot : Guitar very Radiohead, same with the drums, vocal melodies are pleasant, a very nice song indeed, well structured, one of the best

Track 17 – Fallen Feather : Thom Yorke impersonator on the mic, but a nice song nonetheless, fuck he sounds so much like Thom

Track 18 – Lady In Black : Cool vibe, Four Tet kinda thing, very good

Track 20 – Outdoors: Love the mechanical feel of the drums, nice sound fx, cool samples, couldn’t sit through the whole thing so skipped through it in bits but it all sounds pretty legit

Track 21 – The Kitchen Club: My own track so it’d be rude to comment...but its a banger

anyway lets hear some more reviews!

man if yr gonna review over half the songs (13!) that's kinda mean to the ones you say NOTHING about

:(

not even a word!

Track 5 – The Zeppo : Ariel Pink fan ? ?

more like MISTER pink!

uh!

BGAM!

edit: BAM!

the 1K+333DRONEY!

bam!

well then it'd be nice for you if yr already talking of 13 of them talk of ALL of them and say why you didn't like one so people can at least get some idear? i'd prefer "HOLY HELL THIS ONE SUCKED IT HAD NOTHING GOING" than saying nothing! i think most would! (maybe not)

i mean jeez one of the ones you liked (the long one!) you couldn't even sit thru all of it!

what does THAT say!

HEY HEY?

well then it'd be nice for you if yr already talking of 13 of them talk of ALL of them and say why you didn't like one so people can at least get some idear? i'd prefer "HOLY HELL THIS ONE SUCKED IT HAD NOTHING GOING" than saying nothing! i think most would! (maybe not)

i mean jeez one of the ones you liked (the long one!) you couldn't even sit thru all of it!

what does THAT say!

HEY HEY?

ha you have a point, sort of, i'll bare that in mind for future reviews