Battle of the Covers, 2009

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for this.

Decent song but I know it would make an awesome cover.

my post exactly for george's cover. except I was going to add a :lol:

i'm managing a band (who are big radiohead fans, if that matters) that would be interested in doing a cover, does that count?

this is a tough question. I think I'll wait until some other posters give their thoughts on this in this thread. I'm tempted to say no on the grounds that you aren't directly involved in creating the music and can't exactly take credit or enough credit to claim it as "your art"

but let me hear from some other posters before I make that a definite no

and by manage you mean traditional manage not as in I manage to make music with a number of other assholes who don't listen to what I tell them to play right?

ok, what's the consensus on this, guys?

edit: just saw babydoc's post. I'll wait for at least one other reply to the question.

seems it could be a lot of work to do a new one each round depending on how elaborate of recordings you want to make. are people gonna be doing like basic solo acoustic stuff or more elaborate multi-track songs with beats and whatnot?

maybe we could make it optional to do a new one between rounds like it was for the hottest man competion.

depends how much time we have between rounds after the first one.

I'd think no more than 7 days and possibly as few as 3. one of the implications of this is that you would expect to have at least 2 covers done before it starts up in early december.

seems it could be a lot of work to do a new one each round depending on how elaborate of recordings you want to make. are people gonna be doing like basic solo acoustic stuff or more elaborate multi-track songs with beats and whatnot?

maybe we could make it optional to do a new one between rounds like it was for the hottest man competion.

I think we could stick with this idea and understand that by round 3 or so, the quality or amount of time spent on the recordings would decrease, and we'd see an influx of more minimal approaches, perhaps more acoustic stuff etc, and less of something like recorded live drums.

all the competition is playing on more or less the same disadvantages.

can i still join lol

yeah totally. we are actually in extreme need of more sign-ups. or well, I'll add everyone who said they'd join once they give me the name of the song they're covering or the recorded song itself, which gives us enough entrants to make it worthwhile.

counting everyone who said they would pick a cover, I think we're at something like 10 or 15 when it could be double that number