• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can do a site, sure!

cooooool pat, thanks! co-leading this shit now

i am submitting the troggs "i can't control myself"

edit: for round 1

:lol: the troggs

gubba-dubba-chhhh

are we voting for which sound closest to the original or most creative interpretation or which has better production value or just which one we like better?

which u lyke

i might do a radiohead cover. is this totally lame or ok or what. mps probs.

i'm not sure what else i am going to do yet. i will let you know though, kafka!

mps is a song. if you manage to pick something like karma police this could be lame, but odds are not.

yeah i can't do true to form cos some of these might be on uke and i don't have an electric available. unless i borrow one.. or shit! i should get my friends in on this and maybe do somethin with backup

cool as can be

I'll try Kings of Leon - Red Morning Light

added

im thinking im gonna do elliott smith - maddog 20/20

added

i am trying to decide if i am unselfconscious enough to do this a capella with little to no prior experience recording my voice

this would be cool

i am trying to decide if i am unselfconscious enough to do this a capella with little to no prior experience recording my voice

first time i recorded my voice ever it was the three part vocal to 'i will' and in retrospect it was well done, but unfortunately i deleted it out of self-consciousness. don't make the same mistakes i did.

first time i recorded my voice ever it was the three part vocal to 'i will' and in retrospect it was well done, but unfortunately i deleted it out of self-consciousness. don't make the same mistakes i did.

yeah i guess multipart could make it more interesting i dunno we'll see. i have to come up with a song i sound good singing. i actually come up with these often when i'm just singin singin and i'm like man this song fits my range really well and i am hitting these notes and shit but then i forget which songs that happens for

i think the only time i have been recorded as a solo voice was in high school biology class when my boyfriend at the time and i made a song about the characteristics of life to the tune of good riddance by green day and he played guitar and then he recorded me singing and then when it was played in class i absolutely died of embarassment :\

he made it hard to hit some of the notes because i feel like the tabs he was using weren't exactly like the song really is :\

yeah i guess multipart could make it more interesting i dunno we'll see. i have to come up with a song i sound good singing. i actually come up with these often when i'm just singin singin and i'm like man this song fits my range really well and i am hitting these notes and shit but then i forget which songs that happens for

i think the only time i have been recorded as a solo voice was in high school biology class when my boyfriend at the time and i made a song about the characteristics of life to the tune of good riddance by green day and he played guitar and then he recorded me singing and then when it was played in class i absolutely died of embarassment :\

he made it hard to hit some of the notes because i feel like the tabs he was using weren't exactly like the song really is :\

haha this reminds me of when a friend and I took ideoteque and changed the lyrics to be about the dalai lama and mao. and in class everyone was laughing at the falsetto part and a class clownish guy started singing along with that part.

kind of embarrassing but it was a good way to end sophomore year

i was hesitant about doing a radiohead song but janel already threw it out there...i do have that cover of Optimistic that won the RH Cover Competition, could i use that? if not i have a half finished version of In Limbo

I read this and then I was about to leave the page when I thought, oh right, I'm supposed to answer this question. and the answer is yes. to both possible songs. I'm partial to your in limbo one, that really did what a lot of great covers do, taking an overlooked song from a good band and making it better.