PHOTO ADVENTURE THREAD

pleasant experience

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would accept drawings in this thread as long as they followed the guidelines but i also think you could easily make another thread that might better suit your cause, foppe. it's up to you, but you're welcome to participate in here with whatever you want to contribute. to be honest i kind of treat this thread like a photography 101 class so a lot of the themes i choose are supposed to make you think about the medium in a creative way, both technically and aesthetically. these principles could also be applied to fine arts quite easily.

you could probably find enough people to start a drawing collective though (myself included)

man i love threads like these because it allows me to live out my secret ambition of being an art teacher. i like making the themes and commenting more than actually participating, i think.

Are you going to be an art teacher then? I think it's your calling if your threads are anything to go by - I love 'em! And I still need to know about sizing/priming canvas if you get a minute.

Are you going to be an art teacher then? I think it's your calling if your threads are anything to go by - I love 'em! And I still need to know about sizing/priming canvas if you get a minute.

Thanks Helen!

Nah, I have no idea what I will end up doing. I might get into teaching at some point in my life but I'm not ready to commit to it now, I don't really feel like I have enough life experience to be honest.

I don't know much about sizing/stretching canvas. I know that when I did it for oils I basically just took a frame, pulled the canvas tight over it, and stapled that shit on. It came from an industrial sized roll from the class I was in. I don't know what to tell you about sizing unless you have a particular question, usually just make the canvas sheet a few inches extra in all sides of the frame to fold it over. I prime mine with gesso. Like two coats I guess...so.. haha

Thanks Helen!

Nah, I have no idea what I will end up doing. I might get into teaching at some point in my life but I'm not ready to commit to it now, I don't really feel like I have enough life experience to be honest.

I don't know much about sizing/stretching canvas. I know that when I did it for oils I basically just took a frame, pulled the canvas tight over it, and stapled that shit on. It came from an industrial sized roll from the class I was in. I don't know what to tell you about sizing unless you have a particular question, usually just make the canvas sheet a few inches extra in all sides of the frame to fold it over. I prime mine with gesso. Like two coats I guess...so.. haha

Hahahaha! By sizing, I guesso meant priming - like a layer of something to seal it....so yes, guesso!