The Longest Thread in Your Art

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah i'd go for the dickens option. haha   also, this is what came of the pool times   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N5LQmFrw0

is the new podcast done?

finally getting back into drawing : )

Posted Images

i thought i was pretty far into my album and getting to the final stretch but then i hit a slump so i took it to my buddy's house, aka 'my guitarist', and had him listen to it for feedback and he was coming up with the funniest shit i swear i've heard in a long time... i couldn't even begin to repeat it, it was fucking genius. so i dunno what's happening with this album right now. it was supposed to be totally solo, IDM but now all these other options are open and i wonder if i should sacrifice being able to do this on my own schedule to get his ideas and vocals worked in.

wrote a song while playing it, start to finish. only needs minor lyrics adjustment. goddamn, what a feeling. the musical equivalent of good sex, really.

got this idea to record all the songs I don't quite feel are mine but I wrote them, and also songs that would only work in a more stripped down not necessarily acoustic but a lot of that format, and then maybe songs that would work in that format but will also be re-visioned/re-recorded/placed back to its original version for the album

this idea, this set of recordings would be called Secret Sips. and the album is going to be Fizzy Lifting Drinks. I don't think the songs really fit that second title, but that's it. good day, sir.

also began work on my second cover last night. came to the conclusion that my recordings aren't at it's best quality (as in white-noise, bullshit, I have no use for automatic white noise) because of my four track. got it for what seemed like an amazingly good price. and I don't think there's any other element of the recording chain. it just has this white noise stored up in it that it won't purge from itself. it insists on adding this light layer of nerves-wrecking noise.

need to buy a new 4 track before starting the album. there seem to be irreconcilable difference between what I want to record and what it wants to add. as in constant layers of white noise, and unpredictable shifts into 8-bit level of massive distortion. like a broken sega game. and it stays there until I reset the audio driver.

need to buy a new 4 track before starting the album. there seem to be irreconcilable difference between what I want to record and what it wants to add. as in constant layers of white noise, and unpredictable shifts into 8-bit level of massive distortion. like a broken sega game. and it stays there until I reset the audio driver.

man thats ounds kinda cool at least record a couple songs with that. work with it, get that unpredictable sound you've always wanted.

saturday james? I'll be with cindy/reve gentil but that's where I was for the last podcast. should be a fun thing to do for an hour there. and I'll up everything I want to play-- play it live and then if you'd re-insert the tracks again? I'd have the download for you already. sorry for all the delays! that really sucks yeah.