The Longest Thread in Your Art

anyone have any suggestions as to new instruments I should buy? They should preferrably be cheap and/or easy to buy second hand.

I already have:

a line 6 echo park pedal

guitar

bass guitar

keyboard (with drums)

scottish whistle

saxophone

i've got he echo park and i use on every recording..almost

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah i'd go for the dickens option. haha   also, this is what came of the pool times   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N5LQmFrw0

is the new podcast done?

finally getting back into drawing : )

Posted Images

"That Feel"? I always found that track to be a bit hokey. If I go with that album, I'd do "Who Are You". Love that one.

Yeah, after I posted that I thought about it and decided against myself. I still like the song, but wouldn't suggest it as a cover. It just happened to be the last song I'd listened to at the moment.

you can record cellphone feedback a couple of ways

one is to stick the receiver in between the strings of a bass and the pickup (depends on the pickup/setting though) and then record from the line out of the bass.

another way is to buy a (1/16)" male to (1/8)" male cable then a (1/8)" female to (1/4)" male converter then plug it in to something.

maybe your talking about something else though!

lyrics do blow. I was so happy when I decided to just recite Franz Kafka's 'A Hunger Artist' for a track I was stuck on.

Thanks for the cell phone idea, ihggy. I'm most definitely going to do that. But I still have no idea how to get the double cell phone on a call sound.

tonite i did a duet with a pencil sharpener

haha i have a habbit of trying to harmonize with every electronic appliance that i cross paths with. car alarms, blenders man. i'm actually kind of obsessed with this, when you add reverb to my toilet flushing it's in the key of C# so i made this little composition/soundpiece to play when people flush the toilet, and i swear the printer at work plays Gsus when printing.

haha i have a habbit of trying to harmonize with every electronic appliance that i cross paths with. car alarms, blenders man. i'm actually kind of obsessed with this, when you add reverb to my toilet flushing it's in the key of C# so i made this little composition/soundpiece to play when people flush the toilet, and i swear the printer at work plays Gsus when printing.

and you have a way to record these noises?

For anyone who hasn't dled many of my albums, I just put together a best of album--with three tracks from each album--called: Liquid Brunch: A Best of Liquid Lunch:

liquidbrunch.jpg

01 - A Hunger Artist (Thirst)

02 - Rumors (Get Whet)

03 - Record Player (Down the Hatch)

04 - Coming to Get You (Thirst)

05 - Marco Polo (Songs from the Lunch Bag)

06 - Czechoslovakia (Songs from the Lunch Bag)

07 - Someone Else (Get Whet)

08 - Your Halo Shines Too Bright (Down the Hatch)

09 - Some Things Last a Long Time (Songs from the Lunch Bag)

10 - Mightnight Oil (Thirst)

11 - Got My Sunshine (Get Whet)

12 - No More Pain (Down the Hatch

megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=77B27XZJ

yousendit: http://download.yousendit.com/8F709FE87C20C0BB

Just made an album cover for Songs from the Lunch Bag (first album):

songsfromthelunchbag.jpg