The Longest Thread in Your Art

Yeh jmasters are taught as fuck. I like it tho because my intonation is a lil too wet usually, like bends can go into the brown, but the voicing/vibrato side is pretty tight, so the tension i guess makes me focus on that while keeping me in check. Like i gotta work to do the openning parallel bend in maggot brain on one.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah i'd go for the dickens option. haha   also, this is what came of the pool times   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N5LQmFrw0

is the new podcast done?

finally getting back into drawing : )

Posted Images

gonna record a cover of wish you were here soon.

Wicked!

My album's taking shape and I think another song or two and it's gonna be in the final stages of tweaking the mixes and making sure it flows well/nothing annoys me.

It's funny how collections of songs kinda get their own vibe just by virtue of being produced around the same time. This one's gonna be shortish I think, at around 8-9 tracks although the average song length is probably longer than usual, and it's I guess more ethereal and textured than my other stuff I reckon, with more breathing room.

Also I decided that Saturdays and Street Diner should exist only on that single. They were written and recorded earlier and don't really fit where I'm at right now.

• 3 weeks later...

So i got laid off my job in September and instead of jumping back into the market i decided to just hibernate in my room all winter except for going home to work a bit for christmas..

Currently got 4 projects on the go and i feel like my productions are pretty much at a professional level now. 

Working on some BeatPort house music kinda mix thing for my friend that i'm actually getting paid to mix and produce and will be signed on a Berlin label which will be cool. 

Then my own stuff which I'm hoping to have finished by the end of the month and will get it properly mastered and everything.. 

I'm going a bit crazy constantly listening to my own music every day but i feel like I need to make the most of my free time and cheap rent.

I've also managed to acquire a room full of great music stuff which most is not mine..

Got a pair of ADAM monitors, UA Apollo, Akg c414,  SM57, Fender USA strat, Fender blues amp, Fender Bass, Takamine acoustic, Korg Ms20, Korg Minilogue, Akai APC40 running into Ableton and Logic so I can't complain really.

anyone know what it means when a pedal makes like, a crazy digital-sounding squealing noise? i bought a first gen whammy when i saw it at like half of what they usually go for, and it worked fine for a few months, but last time i used it it suddenly started doing that. it appears to happen when the connection between the pedal and power supply gets nudged. the power connection is clearly being cut but i haven't heard another pedal do that when the power gets cut. not having much luck finding anything about it on google.

between this and the problems i've had with the tele i bought, i don't think i'll be buying used gear anymore.

anyone know what it means when a pedal makes like, a crazy digital-sounding squealing noise? i bought a first gen whammy when i saw it at like half of what they usually go for, and it worked fine for a few months, but last time i used it it suddenly started doing that. it appears to happen when the connection between the pedal and power supply gets nudged. the power connection is clearly being cut but i haven't heard another pedal do that when the power gets cut. not having much luck finding anything about it on google.

between this and the problems i've had with the tele i bought, i don't think i'll be buying used gear anymore.

It means the ghost of Michael Jackson is trapped in it.

how much did yall recording/instrument set up cost? i dont know shit abt production but need to get the ball rolling now cus playing musics so obviously the one thing that makes me incredibly happy no matter how much itry to ignore n deny it x( the cost is overwhelming me cus im not aomeone who canmeet people/steal

how much did yall recording/instrument set up cost? i dont know shit abt production but need to get the ball rolling now cus playing musics so obviously the one thing that makes me incredibly happy no matter how much itry to ignore n deny it x( the cost is overwhelming me cus im not aomeone who canmeet people/steal

What kind of music do you want to make??

That matters.