post your music/art pages here.

^Great sound. I can see the Antlers influence. The Trial is one of fav books, as well. How was that an influence?

Thank you so much! I record it all at home - but try my best. I'm not sure if it was a straight influence but it was definitely one of books (or things generally) I was affected the most while writing those songs. 

Thank you once again. 

(btw have you read The Castle?)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cool   http://www.myspace.com/prunetheband   hahahahahahiahahahahahaha     this is going to be my favorite thread for a while

Posted Images

is this from the solo album you're working on, Ed?

seriously though, the song has its moments. I especially liked what it had going around the 3:30 mark. and I think you wrote an interesting song--there aren't too many songs entirely about dead end jobs and specifically call centers, but you have to work to pay attention because the delivery of the talk singing isn't engaging.

is this from the solo album you're working on, Ed?

seriously though, the song has its moments. I especially liked what it had going around the 3:30 mark. and I think you wrote an interesting song--there aren't too many songs entirely about dead end jobs and specifically call centers, but you have to work to pay attention because the delivery of the talk singing isn't engaging.

Not Ed. Yeh, I know what you mean, the voice is an issue at the moment. With no singing voice it's tricky to try and 'rev it up' a bit. Thanks for listening

np. listening again, it's a better delivery than I first thought. I think the only problem is the sort of drone to the cadence you have on some lines in the first half, like "surrounded by never-ending...". but it's only a fraction of the song. rest of it I have no complaint with. I'd like to hear the singing voice you say you don't have, your talking voice is good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I really would like to connect with Radiohead fans with their own band, and create some kind of community of like-minded people.

Hope this post is in the right place now!

My band is called Autocoders, we started recently but we are serious and have some high quality stuff. On top of that we won't be signing to any big labels or even sell our music on iTunes. If that's something you appreciate then we'd appreciate your support. We will have full artistic control over our progression and music for-e-ver.

Our official site is: http://auto-coders.com/

Check out our first video here (excuse the Japanese subtitles, we live in Tokyo!):

Isolation - Autocoders (Rehearsal in Tokyo)

Thanks!

Sam

just listened. I like the vox here a lot more. they're more expressive. there are some things to work on, like general mixing and I'm not crazy about some of the keyboard tones. I like the sort of gravitas or feeling in general, especially in the intro and outro notes.

Yeh, the keyboard i added at the last minute because I felt it was too bare otherwise. But I agree, especially the first part with the keyboard

I think the only problem is the sort of drone to the cadence you have on some lines in the first half, like "surrounded by never-ending...". 

hey i liked that part

does kinda remind me of an allen ginsberg-type cadence, in a way

second song i had a harder time making out the vocals, felt like the keyboard and percussion kinda took over, tho the vocals did come out a bit more towards the middle. I liked the idea of the song but the execution less so, keep it up!

Hey guys, I really would like to connect with Radiohead fans with their own band, and create some kind of community of like-minded people.

Hope this post is in the right place now!

My band is called Autocoders, we started recently but we are serious and have some high quality stuff. On top of that we won't be signing to any big labels or even sell our music on iTunes. If that's something you appreciate then we'd appreciate your support. We will have full artistic control over our progression and music for-e-ver.

Our official site is: http://auto-coders.com/

Check out our first video here (excuse the Japanese subtitles, we live in Tokyo!):

Isolation - Autocoders (Rehearsal in Tokyo)

Thanks!

Sam

I wasn't particularly digging it but instead of shutting it off I decided to skip through a bit and I ended up digging the freakout bit from just afte the three minute mark   :thumbsup:

My new album - available for free here: https://benclayton.bandcamp.com/album/broken-biscuits

love the cover :D also wtf "My final album of 2016" why so many albums per year?

• 2 weeks later...

hey i liked that part

second song i had a harder time making out the vocals, felt like the keyboard and percussion kinda took over, tho the vocals did come out a bit more towards the middle. I liked the idea of the song but the execution less so, keep it up!

I'm glad you do! I stand by my honesty though. That was my initial reaction, which I didn't have on repeat listens. I'm really curious to hear a singing voice from him, but then again, that may just not be his style.

hey i liked that part

Thanks for listening.

I've removed the keyboard now - apart from at the end. I agree it didn't really work.