post here and i'll embed you into some kinda literature, pt II.

Sorry I'm not always good at recognizing what exactly I like about something I can try more but I like what everyone has said and while I didn't remember that marcos-post I had actually read it and maybe contributed to me thinking you aptly embedded him but it's just the feeling you create by all these things everyone is mentioning that's so...affecting

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about timing reminded me of a mountain goats song but way off topic so spoiler tagging

I heard the wings beat on the wind tonight

As the heat stole power from the darkening light

I saw the streets fill up with people that I knew

People who looked like you

Rise if you're sleeping, stay awake

We are young supernovas and the heat's about to break

Drift through the streets, walk between the cars

Newborn sons and daughters spat forth from distant stars

The summer will reveal itself to those whose hearts are true

And to the faithless few

Who will rise and who will sink?

Who's going to stand his ground and who's going to blink?

Surge forward from Van Cortlandt Park like frightened sheep

Spirit throngs that hoist us high, three thousand warriors deep

Spray our dreams on any surface where the paint will stick

Try to time the rhythm, listen for the click

Sorry I'm not always good at recognizing what exactly I like about something I can try more but I like what everyone has said and while I didn't remember that marcos-post I had actually read it and maybe contributed to me thinking you aptly embedded him but it's just the feeling you create by all these things everyone is mentioning that's so...affecting

thankkkk you 

Talking about timing reminded me of a mountain goats song but way off topic so spoiler tagging

I heard the wings beat on the wind tonight

As the heat stole power from the darkening light

I saw the streets fill up with people that I knew

People who looked like you

Drift through the streets, walk between the cars

Newborn sons and daughters spat forth from distant stars

The summer will reveal itself to those whose hearts are true

And to the faithless few

Who will rise and who will sink?

Who's going to stand his ground and who's going to blink?

Surge forward from Van Cortlandt Park like frightened sheep

Spirit throngs that hoist us high, three thousand warriors deep

Spray our dreams on any surface where the paint will stick

Try to time the rhythm, listen for the click

<: )

marcos:

i sent a bird out for you

but, the tying of the seal between us

broke as

the color we saw fled

her wings took air up

a bluster of gray and green

no pelican could hold a fish as big and dying

as my asphyxiated lust

gasping i grew angry  --

a huge tendril fell for your promises

what does no mean?

after this still the words have gone

mumbled into “oh’s” and “ah’s”

an inhale leads wind breaking over my ocean-lung

send me back under the sand, i knew the note was lost

we cry at night instead

a sun too hot for tears

we must conserve the gravity and weight of salt

a precious bristling at the sight of you

short eyelashes against milk skin

we carry the sea with us

i wondered if you would ever shut up

and then you did, you did

this place between us

was not made for swimming

you pick at your cuticles

i notice your nail beds are receding tides

i can never time correctly

always, i drown in you

when i do meet up with you properly

we are both dried out

you picked sand off our scalps

i put all your sand in a glass and tipped it over

it dispersed and blew away

a long time ago

by ignoring my note

you blew the heart out of us

more things that could be said about this;

its cool the way you introduce grammatical ambiguities, or use grammar to introduce non-grammatical ambiguities

i think you do this a lot 

e.g

you picked sand of our scalps 

i put all your sand in a glass and tipped it over

does the your mean "the sand from both scalps" (in which case, why "your"), the sand from "his" scalp (in which case, its weird that he would be organising the sand into two distinct piles), some other sand which belongs to him? 

its all held together by pretty strong associative threads, e.g. 

this place between us

was not made for swimming

you pick at your cuticles

i notice your nail beds are receding tides

i can never time correctly

always, i drown in you

(swimming -> tides -> time -> back to drowning)

which

makes 

it 

cohesive

okay dunno what else to say now

"the color we saw fled" is a fantastic line too, im not really sure why, but it might because it combines the substantiality of color itself (as a noun, with a definite article) with the actual visual impression; sense of a-very-blurred-thing-which-appears-only-as-colour, e.g. not as a noun/thing 

i wrote a thing based upon your recent 'trip'
 i guess, psychedelics.  it's kinda corny!!

alfonso-

laughing madly at the edge of the world, cracking voices shouting down drugs and crying with joy amidst the option of not being dispersed in It All. we flew over the streets flicking the houses down with our fingers, triumphantly going on nothing and everything all at once. quietly staring up blindly at the stars in awe of nature forsaking a sweet tooth in favor of clean breathing;  in tandem with each one of us. letting instincts that were sleeping a deep sleep, awake! we are. and we were untangling ourselves from the colossal weight of the details, the unnecessary necessities. 

as pack instinct came into play, each one of us were timidly leading yet also following an unseen path. finding and losing our footing, feeling fear and the absence of all fear in one quick wave of emotion.

i stood on top of the plateau
my shoulders move up and down
an elbow cracks
air escaping

needing no kiss
no food

recognizing how sudden collisions with the unexpected jolt us apart and back together again upon digestion of the New and Different. 

now my friends, do you know what it's like to feel new? this is a new new, not just a refurbished version of the old new. and i write, as a messenger - to this version of us all, the child who is content to climb mother in law trees despite the thorns which upon breakage grow into branches leaden with still more thorns. the child who throws stones to create ripples for the sake of ripples. the child cradling bare feet idly wondering at the world. we are every age at once.

we are still able to grasp each moment and strangle each drop of entertainment out, we are here to participate, to spark sparks, to hunt - for the infinite joy that can come only by realizing one's own existence in each act.

:')

thanks for all the thoughtful replies

i'm working on alfonso's piece rn

i feel kinda funny bout this thread like it has resulted in work that i feel is better than my other stuff i might *do* something w/all of these someday

AANYWAY

;3 so cool

i wrote a thing based upon your recent 'trip'

i guess, psychedelics. it's kinda corny!!

alfonso-

laughing madly at the edge of the world, cracking voices shouting down drugs and crying with joy amidst the option of not being dispersed in It All. we flew over the streets flicking the houses down with our fingers, triumphantly going on nothing and everything all at once. quietly staring up blindly at the stars in awe of nature forsaking a sweet tooth in favor of clean breathing; in tandem with each one of us. letting instincts that were sleeping a deep sleep, awake! we are. and we were untangling ourselves from the colossal weight of the details, the unnecessary necessities.

as pack instinct came into play, each one of us were timidly leading yet also following an unseen path. finding and losing our footing, feeling fear and the absence of all fear in one quick wave of emotion.

i stood on top of the plateau

my shoulders move up and down

an elbow cracks

air escaping

needing no kiss

no food

recognizing how sudden collisions with the unexpected jolt us apart and back together again upon digestion of the New and Different.

now my friends, do you know what it's like to feel new? this is a new new, not just a refurbished version of the old new. and i write, as a messenger - to this version of us all, the child who is content to climb mother in law trees despite the thorns which upon breakage grow into branches leaden with still more thorns. the child who throws stones to create ripples for the sake of ripples. the child cradling bare feet idly wondering at the world. we are every age at once.

we are still able to grasp each moment and strangle each drop of entertainment out, we are here to participate, to spark sparks, to hunt - for the infinite joy that can come only by realizing one's own existence in each act.

I love this! Particularly the bolded. The word participate reminded me of the perks of being a wallflower :')

dang janel you got some mad skills, you depicted an eerily similar episode to what i experienced first and second-hand, first paragraph alludes to my friend's feverish event, the rest, the intimacy with nature the intense yet hazy self examination resonates with me, especially the spark sparks line, i think that capacity to imagine with such precision and affinity is what makes a writer, and u got it no doubt

irene -

thirteen hard truths
01.  people will always respond more to subjects about themselves or others that they like

02.  when the feminine shows up the masculine is exaggerated

03.  cliques always happen they are unavoidable

04.  some people will always be defensive and ready to hurt you

05.  when you pose a question everyone has their own right answer

06.  no music is better or worse than any other

07.  all taste is subjective

08.  not all taste is acceptable

09.  feminine identities apologize too often

10.  you will always have something to prove

11.  no one will ever interpret your sentences the way you do

12.  collateral in arguments does not exist

13.  brusque words gain more praise than sensitive

irene -

thirteen hard truths

01.  people will always respond more to subjects about themselves or others that they like

<3

ilu and Irene

irene -

thirteen hard truths

:3

Purrfect

haha this is kinda silly but i like it it made me happy to write it

sam:

i miss the shower and the tiny beads of hot condensation on the wall dripping slowly down. suddenly i’m so thirsty and god fucking damn it the wind is biting cold and i left the house without letting my hair dry.
“meow”
what?
“meow”
a cat is following me, how the hell did a cat get on campus?
“meow”
i have to get to class, cat.

this lecturer has a stain on the lapel of his shirt and it’s bothering me so much.  i should have let my damn hair dry because my nose is running now and the skin around my nostrils hurts because the sleeves of my shirt are made out of the coarsest thread there is.  i should be paying attention i’m hungry and i forgot my laptop charger at home so i can’t take notes.  my roommates never fucking do their dishes; if i woke up and there were clean dishes the day would be named after me. i’d write a hymn about their beautiful sud soaked raisin hands and i’d probably be less hungry, too.

“meow”
what?
“meow!”
the cat has waited for me outside of class.  this is saccharine.  too much.  i bend down to pet it and it ducks away.  i expected this. i’m rubbing my hands together and puffing out my cheeks.  walking away because i can’t do anything for this cat.  i’m going to just keep walking towards these gardens and focus on finding the way back to my place.  the light is changing already, it’s only four in the afternoon.  my breath is sending more grey into the air than there needs to be. i don’t see the cat behind me anymore.  i’m coming up on one of my favorite gardening spectacles.  this tree doesn’t have any more leaves but the branches still tangle together in a way that is so provocative i always stare up because the contrast between limbs and sky is threatening and ethereal. nope! never mind there’s the cat again up in the branches.
“meow”
okay.
“meow”
it’s a calico cat.  i’m pretty sure it’s a female which is rare, right?  if i could i would adopt it but let us not kid ourselves here.
“what is a cat doing on campus?” a girl asks me as she walks by.
“i don’t know i’m not sure…”  she shrugs and turns she has the biggest coat in the world on i would really like to know where i can find a coat that doesn’t let the stupid wind in.
“meow”
god fucking damn it.
“let me have your coat, cat.”
“meow!”

thread's awesome

i was recently reading about calico cats and how calico is a different word on each different side of the atlantic basically. on each side of the sea the word does a different thing, for whatever reason. i forgot the reason but remember that there was a reason. actually i forgot what calico means in england, i think in america its a coarse fabric, and it means the cat is marbled. i think we call calico cats marbled but i forgot the reason. i forgot everything. 

what do you mean by raisin hands? texture of raisins because you know of the hot water? that would make sense and be nice