03. Waspy On The Prowl

04. FireHaze

05. Dead Presidents

06. Look Into The Devil's Eyes

07. SHE

08. College

09. Escape From The Grabbgoblin

10. Street Cleaner

11. I went up to him, hit him with a chair, reason why? Because he was there?

12. Sometimes Not All The Time

13. Quack Powered Cars

14. Random Synchronisation

15. Wicky Dicky

16. Return To The House of Crazy

17. Fuzzy Blue Jorbels

18. The Field of Shef

19. The Pressure I Make it

20. Dreamwatching Part 2

21. Mr. Miyagi

TRT: 42 Minutes

Promo:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is yr best i'd hate to hear yr blurst!

haha!

i'm just kidding...

expect a review shortly!

but until then?

it took young Till over 5 years to hit 1K on the Mortiggy Temple... and now... a bit over 2 years from that point... it came...

it was...

THE TILL 2K!

and the lord saw that it was good

and the people danced!

HEY HEY!

REVIEW:

the zeppo ... haha... well obviously it works as an intro... i'm sure it could scare a few off thinking THE HELL IS THIS? ... but i love it!

oranges... the hit song! ... i mean just the perfect sample to use and just so fun and upbeat / amusing... hard not to think of the video! (stop! orange time!) ... when the chorus comes back a 2nd time more fuzzy / hazy / echo'd! ... that is KEY! ...

waspy on the prowl... wasn't this shylock's fave? in a way it's kind of weird! ... the singing bits have their catchy stuff but then all the middle stuff it blurkls out!

fire haze ... damn some intense stuff right near the begin! ... the more sneery type vox voice... and of course the man sun sample adds a bit of fun! ... oh man when it REALLY heats up about 30sec from the end... manson blurbling under the surface!

dead presidents ... things get a bit more druggier / muddled or whatever you'd say... damn i thought you'd put more of the upbeat poppy songs near the begin! ... this one felt a bit of an odd choice to me? ... also did it get a minor name change? what the heck... so many questions! ... unanswered

devils eyes! ... oh man... a bit of fun! ... well maybe not fun but man that melody is just classic! ... short and sweet!

SHE... :lol: to just shovel this in here this early... oh man... if someone wasn't ready for this they would just be FREAKING out and i love it! ... obviously they all have to be right in a row but i'd love if someone it could be just one at a time with time for each little bit to sink in... with all the work put into it... but that's how it goes... it HAS to be a total SONIK ATTAK ... of the senses! AND MIND... the ones i recognize always crack me up ... esp. paycheck X3... also how they shift so much from really high quality to fuzzy lo-fi and then lots of stuff going on ones and then really shorty (er?) simpler ones ... the variety is key! ... it's like e6 type sonic experimentation but way more fun... too often theirs were just random / wanting more... little crispy!

college... following up one with THAT much stuff packed in to one of just 2 guys singing their hearts out banging on shit! ... YES! ... i love how it is kind of almost off the rails then REALLY busts into catchy / getting into it! ...

grabba goblin! ... escape FROM! ... just the idear of some track like THIS that almost would just be forgotten! (i mean you literally could have 3 or 4 alternate versions of this best of and pick up so many good things! ... it was WAYYYY harder this time compared to the last one in terms of WHAT SHOULD GO ON? so i can feel you on that!) ... i like how this one goes from noizy but still mellow then to guitar but then the weird sounds blurp up... spizzing out! ... and then back to just guitar and tv on the background!

street cleaner! ... haha! ... we are the street cleaners and we come to sweep yr streets! ... the shorties are really well placed on this one... i think the first best of compf struggled having them all in a row... i like them more spread out... little mini breaks / tangents

went up to him / chair ... the title is so long compared to all the others haha! ... i always wanted you to bust out more amusing / strange voices! ... but i guess you can't do that TOO much or it gets too goofy... but it's like you become a character... with his own voice! ...

sometimes not all the times... what the! ... shorty version? haha! ... i guess i can see that! ... those fun little cheap drummie hits! ... dang felt weird to hear mini version!

quack powered cars... oh hell yes! ... this is another one that never got enough attention / its due! ... esp. the sounds / sonics mimicking what is going on or being talked about and dealt with in the very song... AND ROBOTIK SPOONS HIT THEM! ... oh man this one is def. a beastly biggie in my mind! ... the car is stalling! ... spoons know what to do! ... get 'em! ... digitally bonking the HELL out of them... they begin to quack again! ... DUCKS CHASING YOU! ... and army of ducks!

random sync... at first i thought THIS ONE? but yeah it was another good choice i wouldn't have thought myself! ... no lies no lies! ... synchronized LIES! ... and yr silky smoothe thighs! ... god when it drops down to the little sound and the voice comes back... and finally some mellow keys! ... oh yeah this track was def. needed on here... the more restrained / subtle use of effexors on this is a nice change of pace too... more open space and giving sound a chance to breathe!

wicky dicky! ... :lol: ... i mean i know you don't want TOO many more humor-ish tracks but god it cracks me up... jam!

house of crazy... on my 2nd glisten to the THING i just KNEW this had to be the track... that other guy doing the hi-pitche backing vocals just for a tiny bit is KEY... and how the thing is just pounding / punishing but not in an overly way... it's a great use of damn simplicity to make for more! ... you cannot esscape! .... this house is now yr HOME! (oh god? the thought of that!) ... and the outro ... oh man... TOO FAR in the bestest of ways! ... oh and the actual outro / non yelling part... nice touch!~

fuzzy blue jorbls ... haha! it pleases me this one making it! ... the perfect wording! ... some songs are just MEANT to be fun little shorties! ... why 52%? ... i'll never know!

fields of sheff! ... oh man... after all that came before this is also perfectly placed... showing the very different side! ... nice little guitar and piani combo! ... good mornin' mr. chef fieldy! ... the sinking of the piano with the vocal m'lady... just plezzent stuff! ... sha la la!

pressure i make... well there's nothing i even need to say about this one! ... though yeah i like thinking about the FLOW of this thing more than just saying what the songs are / and such... and this works for more the emotional punch this and the last one and knowing a longer instrumental is coming up... it's kine of like almost the end and it could have been first or last but you went a different route ... i wasn't sure at first but i can see it now! ... or HEAR rather...

dream watching... the legend of the dream watchers... battling the dream warriors! ... other than 2 tracks in the 3min range every track has been under 3min and then bam right at the end you get a 6min / 5min 1-2 final punch for brunch! ... and when you think about it... they total up to about 12min so this one starts after a HALF HOUR OF POWER... which for many would be quite intense / the right length... and then this is like the come down / mega breather... but then you'll end with a sort of encore / one last thrill after it... so i dig that line of thought in it... and yeah good to show some instrumental side / longer song... i'm glad you didn't load it up with too many instrumentals ... i know you were thinking that at first... but no! ... gets so close to being AMBIENT... but then not quite... so thereby GROMBIENT! ... gurgles and gargles! ... and Gargoyle Boils! ... little thumpy dansey! ... you never quite saw it coming!

hey mister / my yogi! ... oh man... it HAD to here! ... to think it almost didn't! ... it's quasi-epic / inspiring but then also pretty damn intense and kind of sinister too... telling a story / throwing in so many damn elements... all leading to the noize freakout of sorts that just hammers it on home and then gets even stranger at the very end... i'm glad you chose this because you could have gone with the mellow choice of the 2 tracks before (like how white chimble ended the other best of)... but you didn't! you stood yr damn ground!

all around this damn town!

OVERALL?

well what can i say! there was never going to be a perfect way to make this compilation and i think you did about as good a job as any in song choics / ordering + flow... esp. like i said the placement of the shorter tracks... and not having too many long songs overall... some good variety but then also a choice to go with more tronik / noizy / intense ... but balancing it out too...

i think the run from Quack Powered Cars to Pressure I Make it is the strongest point... things really settle into a groove there! ... my only fear or thought is that you might scare some off with some of the earlier ones... so as long as they stick it out they'll see the bigger picture... obviously SHE would be intense to anyone (esp. if they didn't expect it) ... even the intro as i said had some pretty intense / weird things at play ... but it's an intro and gives a good preview of sorts... and oranges is def. a perfect track 2 choice / lead-off proper song... i think the oddest choices are Waspy so soon and then maybe Dead Presidents... so early in the game putting more abstract / less vocal or song-based stuff ... i don't know... i mean jeez i'm not trying to do all this praise and then hit you with something negative but yeah if i had to do ANY criticism i'd just question more the placement of them within the compf ...

as i said this could easily have been double the length or even 4X the amount with some double diskeroo!

but one doesn't want to overwhelm TOO much!

too soon!

so that they PANIK!

or Chant!

quite the damn epic adventure!

into SOUND!

9.6 / 10!

i like the zeppo. it gives me a good first vibe of directness of the synth bass, the relaxing part and then going over to oranges with the other robocopsynth. but do you think you are the useless part of the group yourself? this has always wondered me, because i think you're cool and what group would you stay in, if you were useless.

oranges is a fine tune, man! i like the first stop the most, because it starts weirdly out of loop. well and the topic is great, good length of song. the chorus strings are great. did you sample them or did yourself? "stop orangetime!" great line. is this you singing this high? or have you had a vocal guest? good ending.

waspy on the prowl gets the moving again after a chilling song. great topic again, because everybody can identify with it. but at first i thought prowl means bowl. you get a good feeling of the wasp here. at 0:42 i like the changes in eq because it makes me think, the wasp suddenly is like 15 meters far away but for the wasp thats a distance!

firehaze. you're singing kind of hardrocky there, that's funny. i'm longing for a real drum there i have to admit. i dont get this one really. maybe because i dont understand the lyrics at all, one time i thought you said google.

at dead president i think of a scene of black guys arguing about money on the street. it's a hommage to the street musicians who give me a little calm sometimes. i think of an asian street musician here, some old guy who lived really long already and now he's making music while other are arguing, but what's there to do in live. there's a philosophical glimpse in this song.

what's up with devils eyes? did you have something happening to you.

she is like zapping through music. i like that even when the part is changing i still hear the rythm is continuing, gives me a good feeling. more a noisy song for me, from the listening experiance. the vibe and part of the harmonies and the sounds reminds me a little of felix kubin, whose music i strongly like. th end is great, haha.

is there a story why it's called she?

man, you know already how much i love college. i think it's the song that made me feeling positive to your music. i can really identify with the song. not just the lyrics. great dynamics. what do you say at the end?

i gotta say i'm not the biggest fan of those synth again and again. where's your jaws harp?

jeah i dont get the beginning really. though the guitar part is great. your voice is expressing a feeling i really like. i like the tv (?) going on in the background. it's like jeah i'm bored and i'm not doing something thought of about it, but i'm feeling more lively later.

i went up to him: i understand to little of the lyrics unfortunately. i like the change of vibe the, i feel the change in situation, like just crossing the street, then there's this feeling of prehitting and the mind is like blacked out and fading and then the unsureness and aggressivnes starts again.

haha: reason why, because it was there. did i underestand that correctly? great lyric. very poetic.

i love your expressions of voice, really. the harmonies are greatly fitting. like it's waiting with a little blinking smartness in the eyes and you're singing something you're haha, great ending again. i mean, i think it could have continued great and been going on with the "ohh" and going on for a while but it's as good ending right there. makes me want to have thoughtless fun. i'm listening to it the 10th time now. but it's really short so it took me almost no time. you get the feeling of great timemanagement here listening to this. like, jeah, i'm listening to it so many times, now i know more and more, but it took me only 5 minutes. the sometimes at ~0:14 makes me laugh every time.

i understand to little of the lyrics again. like the half of it. the "hit em if they dont(?)" reminds me of drop it like it's hot. i get feeling of much pollution coming out of the car altough i think you meant exactly the opposite.

is that a rather sad tune? reminds me of lain iwakura. i like how it get quiet again. the bridge/ending is fantastique. it gives you a good feeling of the feeling. like jeah, now i get it, i wanted to be synchronised too, now i remember.

haha, good break of style. sounds like some guy introducing a karaoke contest or a singing contest or some other contest. and stops before getting boring.

house of crazy i dont get really. love the endingflute though. good contrast.

i like the voice effects in this one. what's jorbels?

i gotta say i'm getting a little bit distracted now. maybe i'll do the last ones another time.

the filed of shef is for the ladies isnt it? because you're all romantic in it. like "let's build a house, it's not gonna be good, but at least we will have done it! you and me."

the president i make it reminds me of a donkey kong 2 tune. a haha, it is from there. gonna concentrate on the lyrics. i dont understand them.

as i said i like it. i'm not sure if i have listened to the last 2 already though.

Dude those comments are AWESOME!

Great insights and comments. Though I find it hard to accept you just not listening to the last two tracks man.

It seems like your favorite track was sometimes? just listening over and over damn I'm proud to have made a song that anybody would wanna play more than once.

I'm not sure yr thing about the lyrics, but I have to admit lyrics are not a big part of my music. I think more about how it all sounds rather than what the words actually say.

Field of shef kinda was me going for a romantic sound for sure yo.

You raise an interesting point about The Zeppo. Even though I used that clip I liked to think of it as sort of a metaphor for my music in the sense that...so many are against it or say it's not even music, 'it's just utter shit', and that probably always will be the general perception. All you can do is try to embrace being perceived that way and enjoy it as much as you can. On one level it's defeatist as in saying 'people's perceptions won't ever change and I'll always be this 'worthless' thing' on the other hand it's saying 'hey this is how I am and I won't change so yo.' Like it's not so much what people think but what yr willing to DO to prove yrself on some level. That quote from Cordelia is obviously anti-zeppo and I like to think of the music as the response to that, like yeah maybe I am but whatever.

' what's up with devils eyes? did you have something happening to you.'

Do you even have to ask that man? I'm disturbed, I'm depressed, I'm inadequate, I've got it all!

I guess the synths are cheap. I mainly used fruity loops on most of these tracks. I dunno I like the kind of dark synth.

But please do the last two tracks!

i'm gonna listen to those last 2 tracks!

"Do you even have to ask that man? I'm disturbed, I'm depressed, I'm inadequate, I've got it all!"

oh, i didn't know this, i'm sorry. Get well soon!

"On one level it's defeatist as in saying 'people's perceptions won't ever change and I'll always be this 'worthless' thing' on the other hand it's saying 'hey this is how I am and I won't change so yo.'"

man that's sad. change is such a good feeling. also i'm pretty sure people perceptions change all the time. you're not worthless, i get the feeling you're fishing for comliments here!

i can say from my experience, that this kind of music is always best made with other people. surely you'll find people soon enough that'll have fun with your music, when you're not to dogmatic about it. i'd love to make music with you, because it sounds like great fun only listening to it.

till wrote something about that this is a shorter version of sometimes. can i listen to the long one?

also i'd really apreciate it, if you'd answer my questions.

did you sample them or did yourself? "stop orangetime!" great line. is this you singing this high? or have you had a vocal guest? good ending.

I sampled Del Shannon - Runaway. I looped the first 2 seconds for the verses and sampled the organ solo for the chorus. It is in fact me singing the high vocals.

is there a story why it's called she?

It means SUPER HARMONIOUS EAGLE. The Harmonious Eagle was my 80 minute song (the best thing I've ever made). SHE was gonna be an 80 minute sequel album of 1 second songs but I got bored and never finished it. The result is SHE. I made each song as 1 second individually (bar the ending)

man, you know already how much i love college. i think it's the song that made me feeling positive to your music. i can really identify with the song. not just the lyrics. great dynamics. what do you say at the end?

I scream WE TIGERRs one final time. We tigers is another animal collective song. College is the final minute of an 18 minute jam I did in the kitchen of MT poster TILL (that's right I visited TILL/spent christmas with his family twice and made music with him)

i gotta say i'm not the biggest fan of those synth again and again. where's your jaws harp?

jeah i dont get the beginning really. though the guitar part is great. your voice is expressing a feeling i really like. i like the tv (?)

no harp and yes it is the TV.

haha: reason why, because it was there. did i underestand that correctly? great lyric. very poetic.

I went up to him, hit him with a chair, reason why? Because he was there. It's about senseless violence.

i understand to little of the lyrics again. like the half of it. the "hit em if they dont(?)" reminds me of drop it like it's hot. i get feeling of much pollution coming out of the car altough i think you meant exactly the opposite.

It's about cars powered by the quack of ducks, if they don't quack, spoons hit them. What don't you understand?

i like the voice effects in this one. what's jorbels?

I dont think it means anything. Not sure though.

Thanks for the questions!

Castor

you get a good feeling of the wasp here. at 0:42 i like the changes in eq because it makes me think, the wasp suddenly is like 15 meters far away but for the wasp thats a distance!

:lol:

the filed of shef is for the ladies isnt it?

:lol: :lol:

the president i make it

:lol:

reminds me of a donkey kong 2 tune.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gonna concentrate on the lyrics. i dont understand them.

ha!

i want some feedback of my feedback!

haha yes! i know the feeling!

like in depth feedback on yr feedbackular and then you just keep feeding the back (ular) and see where it glows / MUTATES!

god DAMN that was worth the wait... truly fun entertaining comments!

i could only dream to come into glistening to this music with such fun fresh idears / viewpoints! ... i really did damn duggit!

It's about cars powered by the quack of ducks, if they don't quack, spoons hit them. What don't you understand?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

oh man!