Battle of the Bands 2011

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool thanks. Reminds me a lot of lotus flower... the drums and vocals especially. Not a bad thing obviously.

aright well thats 20 confirmed participants with 5 tracks submitted.

And i will say again, this is already some of the best stuff i have heard to come out of MT and would be very nervous putting any of my songs against any of these, but this makes it all the more exciting.

NEEDIN SOME MORE ENTRIES THOUGH.

cool thanks. Reminds me a lot of lotus flower... the drums and vocals especially. Not a bad thing obviously.

aright well thats 20 confirmed participants with 5 tracks submitted.

And i will say again, this is already some of the best stuff i have heard to come out of MT and would be very nervous putting any of my songs against any of these, but this makes it all the more exciting.

NEEDIN SOME MORE ENTRIES THOUGH.

pretty cool getting to hear all the songs before it starts, eh? B)

Also, can I suggest we use a descent streaming tool this time. I would HIGHLY suggest SoundCloud.

In fact, I would advise that it would be easiest to have everybody get a free SoundCloud account, and upload their tracks there, and submit the links to the person running the competition. It would make this process SO much simpler.

Like this:

http://soundcloud.com/panicoffice/radiocrystal

Also, can I suggest we use a descent streaming tool this time. I would HIGHLY suggest SoundCloud.

In fact, I would advise that it would be easiest to have everybody get a free SoundCloud account, and upload their tracks there, and submit the links to the person running the competition. It would make this process SO much simpler.

Like this:

http://soundcloud.com/panicoffice/radiocrystal

ihggy's site didn't work well for you, ilya??? and the deadline's may 1st.

ihggy's site didn't work well for you, ilya??? and the deadline's may 1st.

it worked, just seemed very hard to set up. I'm beyond greatfull for all his work and everything. And I'm not the one running it so it's obviously not my call. I'm just making a suggestion that I think might be easier to do. SoundCloud is flat out awesome, and i'm just surprised that not a lot of artist on the MT use it. Thought it might be a good chance to bring it up that's all. Not twisting anybody's hand or anything.

it worked, just seemed very hard to set up. I'm beyond greatfull for all his work and everything. And I'm not the one running it so it's obviously not my call. I'm just making a suggestion that I think might be easier to do. SoundCloud is flat out awesome, and i'm just surprised that not a lot of artist on the MT use it. Thought it might be a good chance to bring it up that's all. Not twisting anybody's hand or anything.

ah, gotcha. yeah, fanny and tristan might have to do something like that if ihggy's still mia. their choice, but soundcloud sounds good. we've got a few soundclouds listed in the Directory.

haha just couldnt resist could you..

well honestly i would quite like to have the media player streamed directly into each thread, you can't do that with soundcloud unfortunately and i dont really know where you can, except for youtube but thats abit of a hassle really. You sometimes see those little black box media player thing.. Does anyone know what site i can do that with..? im pretty sure george woksob? has his music streamed into threads...

if y'all need me to, i can host the mp3's on my site and the direct url for the mp3 can be used to stream the tracks right into the thread via the media tags on this board and I can have a page with all the tracks so that you can seeeee everything.

YES! That would be pretty awesome!

i don't know what song to submit for the first round i have been thinking about it a lot lately also i want to talk to jimbo and see about doing more royal 27s stuff but i don't know if that can be done in time

I'd say Goodbye Spider or Let's Go to the Gas Station if you go with the current Yr Nyghyrs catalog. Use the other for round two, and a surprise (more Yr Nyghyrs?) or something from the 27's back catalog or We Won't Follow You for round three. then more surprises or back catalogs for four and five. that's what I'd do.