Just some general stuff from george

1. New collabs http://georgewoskob.com/gesb.html

2. The song of the thread

http://georgewoskob.com/junx/finallygooddreams.mp3

Spent the last year on this song. It's called "Finally Good Dreams". I'd love to know what you guys think. Thanks.

ps. There's a wonderful alternate mix out there somewhere that Brian aka athalon made.

georgewoskob.com

really liking this..

love the vocals some really interesting stuff going on the same for the production...

the guitar is just excellent aswell.

i like the idea of the middle section though not as much as the beginning and end but thats just cs i liked them alot..

edit: expand on that... i think because i didnt find the chords quite as interesting as what i was hearing before.. though i liked the change of pace

anyway yeah very good song well done

really liking this..

love the vocals some really interesting stuff going on the same for the production...

the guitar is just excellent aswell.

i like the idea of the middle section though not as much as the beginning and end but thats just cs i liked them alot..

edit: expand on that... i think because i didnt find the chords quite as interesting as what i was hearing before.. though i liked the change of pace

anyway yeah very good song well done

thanks very much!

have you posted this before?

i remember something similar

liked it then, like it now

yeah I posted an early draft a while ago on MT. thanks much though

and I don't understand the morrison response.

awesome picture

i think i said that before, it's one of the most poignant songs i've heard in a while. i might have a sentimental preference for the early version you had sent me, but i like this newer one. it's got a psychedelic vibe (panning and reverb on the voice, general mood and song topic), so maybe that would explain the jim morrison reference?

it's very inspiring for me to know that you worked on it for so long.

woah i'm hearin your talent for arrangements and production. it's plain an simple: you're good at this. the guitars sound bright n crisp, the vocals are right out there clear, there's a healthy dose of atmospheric doodads floatin around. plus, hey, the song is pretty good too!

now i'm gonna have a listen to The Amateur.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome picture

i think i said that before, it's one of the most poignant songs i've heard in a while. i might have a sentimental preference for the early version you had sent me, but i like this newer one. it's got a psychedelic vibe (panning and reverb on the voice, general mood and song topic), so maybe that would explain the jim morrison reference?

it's very inspiring for me to know that you worked on it for so long.

Thanks Fanny. Poignant is an awesome way to describe the song. Thanks!

woah i'm hearin your talent for arrangements and production. it's plain an simple: you're good at this. the guitars sound bright n crisp, the vocals are right out there clear, there's a healthy dose of atmospheric doodads floatin around. plus, hey, the song is pretty good too!

now i'm gonna have a listen to The Amateur.

Your comments are so reassuring. many thanks. I'm glad you think the guitars are crisp. that's def what I was going for and it took a while for it to sound right.

who are you collab'n with? these songs sound really tight n polished. tunnels i especially like. that part in the middle when everything drops out and there's a little static in the background for a few secongs, yeah it was cool. all those echoes, i can hear the space in there, i like that/

Thanks! Yeah Tunnels was really spacey. We were in this cool house recording that and the acoustics of the A-frame in which we recorded really came through.

These were both collabs with my best friend who i've been playing music with consistently since 7th grade.

• 2 weeks later...

my first listen at the collabs tonight. while eating candy. already really into "spoiled meat"

the download gif is awesome

tunnels: man.. i really regret not having a proper sound system with stuff like that. my speakers are a disgrace to your music. or anybody else's for that matter. i'll downlaod and listen in the car!

really dig the slight strain on your voice at the beginning of tunnels.