Battle of the Covers 2010

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sup - whens the new deadline??

it's hazy and dependent on the 4 or so people who are still getting theirs in at some point. so... let's say about 10 days.

can't we just do a comp insteaaaaaaaaaaadddddddd?

I'm not opposed to doing both at the same time. a comp of originals, right, will?

if you mean a compilation of covers and no tournament of covers, then I think that takes some fun out of it and we'll have less covers (round 2 etc.), less excitement. and it's an annual thing, so if anyone else wants to lead a covers compilation sometime out of this time (for coherency's sake) they can go ahead.

if you mean a compilation of originals, I'll start a thread & do it if no one beats me to it first.

no tears for fears on the lp

ep version yes

oh, right you are :o

yeah do both! or you could say you're allowed covers and originals though that might not really be fair either way.

shit i just posted a song i would use for a botb n i'd of saved it. it must of been almost a yearish now anyway? a good 9 months anyway

yeah do both! or you could say you're allowed covers and originals though that might not really be fair either way.

shit i just posted a song i would use for a botb n i'd of saved it. it must of been almost a yearish now anyway? a good 9 months anyway

err yeah, blunt as mooks put it, he's right. there's no rule on botb songs aside from: must be original, and it can't have been used in past botb's. so whether it's been posted here (even like, five years ago) as long as it's never been used in a botb before and is original, fair game.

also, the Battle of the Covers is a warm-up for the Battle of the Bands, as I've always pictured it. We have the botc in December, and then in February, we have the botb.

I'm not opposed to doing cover and originals for this compilation-- as long as that doesn't cancel out this battle of the covers. it might be a little redundant, but if anyone wants to put a cover on the compilation rather than an original, I wouldn't stop them.

it's hazy and dependent on the 4 or so people who are still getting theirs in at some point. so... let's say about 10 days.

I'm not opposed to doing both at the same time. a comp of originals, right, will?

if you mean a compilation of covers and no tournament of covers, then I think that takes some fun out of it and we'll have less covers (round 2 etc.), less excitement. and it's an annual thing, so if anyone else wants to lead a covers compilation sometime out of this time (for coherency's sake) they can go ahead.

if you mean a compilation of originals, I'll start a thread & do it if no one beats me to it first.

oh, right you are :o

no I meant a compilation. But we should seperate them. Few enough people come to YA as it is.

ps: Yeah I've finished that thing just need to get home and post it. Sorry man I keep forgetting.