What MT Artists and Musicians Are You Checking Out at the moment?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach, I could imagine you coming into my studio when you're a budding singer songwriter and I'm a budding producer and you'd play this demo for me and I'd say, "Brilliant, but why do you make it sound

box - Box and his Cardboard Friends

yo zach, yeah i'm out saturday night - though don't mind recording at like 3am, or could do late tonight if its not too short notice?

yo Thomas, usually the tracks are played over speakers so we can hear them and its all crackly n distorted when records on skype. it actually sounds kinda cool but its no where close to how people intended their songs to sound, so we have to insert later. Any chance you'd be up for this one man?? if you did some live shit itd be awesome.

well i still haven't got my pc back and i can't really do it in here so it depends. i am also really reluctant to sign up to skype but we'll see, when are you planning on doing it?

re: the songs, could you not record the songs through skype, then replace them when you edit it with the proper versions?

yeahman, thats what we do - sorry i wasn't clear. Itd hopefully be tonight or tomora but we'll see spose. hope ya can make it, fair enough being reluctant to get skype, but i find it way less invasive than facebook so wouldnt worry bout it to hard

in other news - where the hell is jack? been listening to furtherance again... soo awesome. he shouldve been in BOTB

is it 3am saturday, or do we need some more time to decide? which would mean 7pm pacific, for me and possibly cris. no idea what time zone WTaS? is. no idea what your name is, even.

well i still haven't got my pc back and i can't really do it in here so it depends. i am also really reluctant to sign up to skype but we'll see, when are you planning on doing it?

re: the songs, could you not record the songs through skype, then replace them when you edit it with the proper versions?

I think we confused you because twice or so we've had to pretend to have heard a song to save time, and insert it later. james had to sign off when we got to yours on that last podcast, because it was getting awfully late. we'll definitely be playing some more of your songs, so that won't happen next time.

yeahman, thats what we do - sorry i wasn't clear. Itd hopefully be tonight or tomora but we'll see spose. hope ya can make it, fair enough being reluctant to get skype, but i find it way less invasive than facebook so wouldnt worry bout it to hard

in other news - where the hell is jack? been listening to furtherance again... soo awesome. he shouldve been in BOTB

yeah, that's the shame about the battle of the bands-- it always misses at least some of the best/well-known and liked bands. jack being a major one this year. oh well. he sort of came on a whim, I think, to this place and stuck around because he got some fans. maybe he's left just as easily now? but hopefully not.

does stage fright apply to skype?

anyway, we're off topic aren't we.

i want to practice playing to people a bit more first. just thinking about it is mortifying.

3am in california you mean?

no its 7pm California time --> 3am british time. not gunna lie stage fright kinda does still apply over skype, bit weird singing to a computer screen too. but itd be so great if you played, i loved the songs of yours heard so far... its not like you have anything to prove so no worries.

hey james, I'm gonna have to be an asshole about this. going to a movie with the gf, and I won't be ready for the podcast until 4am english time. if you're still up that late/early (seriously, I thought only I held those sort of hours) I'd definitely do it.

too bad we don't have george or any other veterans up for it, because it looks like there are enough guests to cover.

I'd really consider doing this one without me james. my only input is that I wanted to get a song in from hannah--> check some of her threads, there's one with a download and the song's main line is "fuck college". it's incredibly catchy.

gah! apologies i fell asleep at around 3am, was intending to hit the coffee, but endded up getting in a few beers with me brother.

Anyone good for later? same time? It wouldve been weird without zach anyway, dunno if i could hold it together without him to be honest.

nah, I'm out for the count today. just a little too unpredictable about how time will go, as it's my last night in town with my gf.

I really think you could pull it off without me, james. and it'd be cool for me to have a show to listen to where I have no idea what's going to happen. it'd be a fun time for me and I'd offer my thanks. so if you think you can and you've got the people, go for it.

i dunno man. i'm cramming two big assignments in today that are due tomorrow. it's my fault and all that i left it till today but it is what it is. if this is still happening tonight you can check in with me on skype to see where i stand so far but, fair warning.

• 1 month later...

Is the next one quite soon? I want to wait till I get my boyfriends mac in front of me though because this one's microphone(new computer)- whenever I try to record something there's a really high pitched whistle throughout all of it that's not coming from the room.

Is anyone familiar with that?

It's audacity I use. I think it might be the overheated humming of the computer itself.

Is the next one quite soon? I want to wait till I get my boyfriends mac in front of me though because this one's microphone(new computer)- whenever I try to record something there's a really high pitched whistle throughout all of it that's not coming from the room.

Is anyone familiar with that?

It's audacity I use. I think it might be the overheated humming of the computer itself.

we could try for this sunday. but james (sn: moon bear?) has only made two posts in a month or something. he's got exams, and the british system on that is kind of uh... I don't understand it at all.

so rambling aside: we could try for sunday but I don't think we have james. and without james, it wouldn't work. so, maybe the 20th? the 27th?

when are you getting yr boyfriend's mac? were you hoping for this weekend, hannah? I'll pm james.

• 3 weeks later...

new faille temporaire song. some beautiful stuff.

I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of not listening to much ya stuff lately. someone tell me what to listen to.

oh, "please don't smile" has made some winning appearances on my ipod shuffle. grrreat song.