MT Battle of the Bands 2010

did you guys hear the real world 2010 got 40,000 applications? that's amazing.

...such an even number. you'd think they would have at least got 40,001 applications.

i applied for the show once. i was 17 tho and ...yeah. i did my app in crayon and included a vid of me walking my toy turtle out in public. it was a fun time.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but asking if someone's submitted "electronica" to a radiohead board music competition in 2010 is like asking if someone's brought chips and salsa to a mexican hat dance party

:dancingthom:

;)

i feel like it would be best if no one else made any further comments, on the matter

when i hosted it I was the only electronica song and more often than not it's only like me and two other guys so stfu if you don't know what you're on about?

are there any other acoustica songs submitted besides mine?

mine :ed:

when i hosted it I was the only electronica song and more often than not it's only like me and two other guys so stfu if you don't know what you're on about?

oh, was that 2006? my knowledge of the botbs only goes as far back as that one semi-troll poster, arobben, who didn't finish hosting one back in 2007.

deadline is April 12th. We have 11 posters who still need to turn in first round songs.

Turn in your fucking songs!

i think what's messed up is the emphasis people are putting on electronica vs/ whatever. if yr recording through a computer and tweaking the eq's and things, then your making electronica basically. or not. maybe no one is making electronica at all and this is all just an illusion. let's just listen to some songs.

You know what I meant by electronica.

i think what's messed up is the emphasis people are putting on electronica vs/ whatever. if yr recording through a computer and tweaking the eq's and things, then your making electronica basically. or not. maybe no one is making electronica at all and this is all just an illusion. let's just listen to some songs.

one thing i found at soundclick was that there was a real anti-hip hop vibe to the contests. they tried to rectify this by doing a hip hop only contest, but the winner was a white rock musician doing a rock song with rapping verses. they're better for it now (a hip hop track won the christmas contest, i think) but a year ago it was uneven.

edit: shit, when i actually read your post instead of assuming i knew it was about based on a couple of words and the general tone, i realised that what i just told you was totally irrelevant. still, i hope there's not a genre bias.

i guess you didn't understand what i meant by "i feel like it would be best if no one else made any further comments, on the matter"

&, i'll pass on the stfu offer, generous as it was