MT Battle of the Bands 2010

i'll participate :)

and if that whole HTML5 thing doesn't work, couldn't you just do a fileden playlist?

generally just been using xspf since its already running on my server space, but yeh there's options. i just wanted to use it as an excuse to play around with html5 <audio> tags.
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm... well, is this my second chance to get you to listen to my band's album Kafka?

www.jinsai.net

The whole thing is on there. At the top of the page. And it's a file download, not a stream. Submitted?

er, you're supposed to submit only one for the first round, and another if you make it to the next round and so on. I don't remember you, but I'll take another listen. let me know which song you want for the first round, and then you'll be submitted for reals.

so kifkabibble do i just pm you a link to a song or WHAT?

yeah, a link left on my profile would be best. thnx.

generally just been using xspf since its already running on my server space, but yeh there's options. i just wanted to use it as an excuse to play around with html5 <audio> tags.

oh no that's great. i'm just sayin' if shit doesn't work out there's always fileden + that embeddable playlist maker that i can't remember the name of right now (but will find if neccesary)

updated the first post. and added janel who I overlooked! if you don't see your name under the "received submissions" list and you already sent something in to me, let me know because I don't want to forget anyone again.

jinsai, the download for your album failed. I'm on someone else's computer. and just to make sure, could you upload the individual track that you're going to use? a mediafire upload or w/e works for you.

have you been on skype today? i sent a friend req to a certain zach ferguson, fingers crossed it's actually you

wanna discuss song length type stuff

coool. I won't be back on skype until tuesday. as for length, I wouldn't have anything against length for any non-technical reason, but you should get in touch with ihggy who will be setting up the streaming site for the songs. there might/probably is some cut-off length for the site, no idea how long that is. I wouldn't worry too much.

I just got a lot of submissions at once, so everyone who has submitted a song so far should look at the first post and make sure their name is under the "received submissions" list. that list is accurate and I have all of those songs nice and safely saved on my laptop, added to a playlist.

we've got some great music going. super excited.

everyone else: don't forget. send me yr song.

oops. battle starts on the 12th. i leave on the 8th for two weeks, computer access is going to be iffy.

i guess i'll send you all the tracks before that then? didn't get second round info yet. provided i'm good enough lol.

oh ok, yeah. just send me 3 more songs (or 4 to be totally cautious about it) and the order you want them played and then don't worry about anything.

i'm on it man! recording hasn't been going too well so far, but pumped about the songs.

awesome. yeah, there are scores of new/unheard of songs here. I'm kind of surprised that a lot of the well-known bands here are going for the element of surprise. there's already quite a challenging body of work to choose from for just about everyone here. but I guess it's pretty cool this way. I think the only downside is that a lot of these songs and releases have had time to sit with the listeners and become favorites and whatnot. easier to vote on than a song where you're only acquainted with it for like, 5 or 10 minutes before voting.