MT Battle of the Bands 2010

Yo - i'm thinking of writing/recording just for this. might force me to pull me finger out.

Haha - just saw the artwork, - its pretty! :thumbsup: musta taken you a while... thanks for not using the 'bedroom smells' artwork on it btw! outside the context of the ep its kinda scary

haha, yeah about the bedroom smells cover, I have to say that was a conscious decision. good luck recording! if you do

man i hope a buncha people sign up for this. i want at least a bracket of 65 like march madness. with a play in game. and mayybe then we could have a seperate thread for people doing bracket predictions and betting on them and all that. would be cool.

oh man, one can dream. and bribe.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like you could use an alias right now called "seriously evil badman" or something. actually, the whole idea of passing work off as your own is a little frightening. a lot of this relies on the honour system. but there are several posters around here who value nothing more highly than honour, and pennyroyalty is among those posters. so I have full trust in this system.

anyway, you've already got tons of releases george. aren't you set? or are you counting on the element of surprise?

haha i think i will create that alias.

and I was thinking that submitting old releases wasn't going to be nearly as fun as creating new material. I'm going home for the weekend (YAYAYAY) and I've got a song or two that I want to give a shot at recording so if they work out i'll use them if not i'll just have to go with old material.

to let everyone know, it's been a handful of days so far and I've only got two songs submitted. when there's a high number of people who say they'll join, a good % of them forget, never do, etc.

send them in now to avoid that!*

*pro-tip

songs/bands received so far:

mooks

roger

athalon

pfft, i'm not the one who hasn't given the promised professional consultation.

ooo, touche. I've heard the first four and I'm leaning toward one of them, but there's three more to go. listening again now.

fyi, i am at least gonna try to build a new media player in html5 for this, so there is chance that it would be great if you could send the files in ogg format. i can convert them. i will prob mess around witht his today, so i will let you all know.

alternately, if anyone who knows this stuff better than me knows that they can make a media player in html5, please let me know and maybe i can use the code?

to let everyone know, it's been a handful of days so far and I've only got two songs submitted. when there's a high number of people who say they'll join, a good % of them forget, never do, etc.

send them in now to avoid that!*

*pro-tip

Kafka,

Can you please use my songs straight from the EP as my submissions. Just put the tracks in the order they are on the CD.

Thanks man.

Kafka,

Can you please use my songs straight from the EP as my submissions. Just put the tracks in the order they are on the CD.

Thanks man.

done and done

fyi, i am at least gonna try to build a new media player in html5 for this, so there is chance that it would be great if you could send the files in ogg format. i can convert them. i will prob mess around witht his today, so i will let you all know.

alternately, if anyone who knows this stuff better than me knows that they can make a media player in html5, please let me know and maybe i can use the code?

whoever knows html5, fuckin', speak up. thnx for signing on to do this again, ihgsoi. I'll convert the files to ogg for you.