• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny, i have absolutely no idea about how these songs sound or what's going on in them from this thread.

the main riff is just single bass notes now, and it's produce with kind of a digital sound like it's folding in on itself. drums are so addictive, they're really syncopated and are always pumping out cool little fills. it's the most "IDM" of anything he's done under his solo project but the drums are acoustic, or at least the bulk of them are, there's stuff being sampled in all over it kinda like the drums in that song he did with andy yorke. vocals sound kind far away and creepy and like he's in the process of dividing into multiple thoms while he's singing it. and it just goes and goes and goes at the end.

i couldn't really describe hollow earth yet. still needs to grow on me.

the main riff is just single bass notes now, and it's produce with kind of a digital sound like it's folding in on itself. drums are so addictive, they're really syncopated and are always pumping out cool little fills. it's the most "IDM" of anything he's done under his solo project but the drums are acoustic, or at least the bulk of them are, there's stuff being sampled in all over it kinda like the drums in that song he did with andy yorke. vocals sound kind far away and creepy and like he's in the process of dividing into multiple thoms while he's singing it. and it just goes and goes and goes at the end. i couldn't really describe hollow earth yet. still needs to grow on me.

That was a nice description of the song, mostly the "dividing Thoms" while singing, it is really a nice imagery. I am impressed with the drums in both songs, they make the songs even more alive.

Hollow Earth, I am loving it more and more and only can describe it as... trippy! I tottally dig it at 1:20 .

I'm confused.

On the 21st can you download the two new songs off dead airspace for free? It says "Gratis download through members' area". Or is this just for people who bought the vinyl?

Yeah it's for people who got the vinyl, and then in October they'll make it a purchasable download for all you other folk. :icon_lol:

I am enjoying these songs a bit more now but I still don't think they're great. It's almost more annoying that there are some really cool bits in both songs because I feel I should listen just for those bits

Anyway:

Harry Patch = All for the Best >>> TAMTW >>>>>>> FPABH > Hollow Earth

Noooooooo. If you're saying drunkk machine and jet stream and iluvya are better than pulled apart and hollow earth, you're crazy. Now A Rat's Nest is a different story.

Pshh. I love Jetstream.

But yeah, A Rat's Nest is fantastic.

I don't know, I've been listening to them and they're growing on me.

It's only been a couple days, I'll give it some time.