• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id agree but, I like the song "The Eraser", "Black Swan", "Atoms for Peace", and "Skip Divided" better as electronic pieces.

yea but have you ever heard them any other way?

Atoms for Peace is basically a piano piece, a great one at that. I saw him do it live with just the piano and it was gorgeous.

Analyse was the same way, the live one he did at the mercury prize thing was soooo much better than the album version.

I dont know, i think thom over does things sometimes.

yea but have you ever heard them any other way?

Atoms for Peace is basically a piano piece, a great one at that. I saw him do it live with just the piano and it was gorgeous.

Analyse was the same way, the live one he did at the mercury prize thing was soooo much better than the album version.

I dont know, i think thom over does things sometimes.

I don't think electronic because he's been in a band for so long he's just sick of traditional instruments, he wants to get away from it when he can. I remember he said around the kid a time, he just couldn't pick up a guitar.

After a full 24 hours of listening to these, my opinion has changed. I was initially let down, but I appreciate them now. They are different and it's nice to see they're shaking things up. They feel very Kid A in the way that on first listen they seem to go nowhere and be pretty lame, but they are actually pretty awesome.

I still don't feel these songs are spectacular, but I am really enjoying listening to them. I feel similarly about these songs as the recent band ones. They are very pleasant on their own, but I mostly like them because I like the direction Thom / the band seem to be taking.

Though I think that a full album of songs just like these would really suck.

EDIT: I'm currently thinking:

All for the Best >>>> Harry Patch >> Twisted Words >>>>>>>> The Hollow Earth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pulled Apart

Edited by Pickled Dog

the old reckoner riff is present in sort of a pulsing electro beat throughout. the first half (it's about 6:40) is fairly straight-forward (as far as it goes), though with some interesting drums, some electric beats mixed in with a marching band snare or something. the lyrics are the same, but there's a lot of echo applied to thom's voice, and in place of the french fries summoning the reckoner chorus a cool new riff. the second half has a lot of strange effects and added instrumentation, no vocals, and it's all pretty mental, cause i guess it feels shitty to be pulled apart by horses

Edited by thebigpiro
the old reckoner riff is present in sort of a pulsing electro beat throughout. the first half (it's about 6:40) is fairly straight-forward (as far as it goes), though with some interesting drums, some electric beats mixed in with a marching band snare or something. the lyrics are the same, but there's a lot of echo applied to thom's voice, and in place of the french fries summoning the reckoner chorus a cool new riff. the second half has a lot of strange effects and added instrumentation, no vocals, and it's all pretty mental, cause i guess it feels shitty to be pulled apart by horses

whaaa? I'm clearly remiss in my lyric listening. to the ipod - stat!

oh god I'm dying to hear these now. I'm leaving in a couple hours - still time for someone to hook me up with a decent download... (hint hint, cheesy smile)

, and in place of the french fries summoning the reckoner chorus a cool new riff.

:lol:

I wonder if he took that out because people thought it sounded like french fries. Aww, I liked it.. Oh well, can't wait to hear how it sounds now! I hope the record comes tomorrow too, along w/ the download.

the hollow earth is a much more eraser-like track, which makes sense given that thom said it came out of those sessions but required more work. the beat is a mix of skittering, fapping and pulsing, and there's a steady bassline melody throughout. thom's voice is fairly high-pitched and i have no idea what he's saying. in terms of tone i might compare it to something like atoms for peace, but it's a better song. not much of a description i guess i but i'm not too familiar with the song yet

also the song is more like 4:10, the poor quality vinyl rips were longer cause the dude turned on his recording before he dropped the needle

:lol:

I wonder if he took that out because people thought it sounded like french fries. Aww, I liked it.. Oh well, can't wait to hear how it sounds now! I hope the record comes tomorrow too, along w/ the download.

the first chorus in the trade justice version was incomprehensible, the second was clearly 'gimme fair price, i'll summon the reckoner', which was probably meant just for the trade justice show. the 'summon the reckoner' lyric was great though, too bad he couldn't work that into something

i'm guessing he took reckoner out of this song cause they already have a song called reckoner, and aside from cuttooth/myxomatosis he doesn't really recycle many lyrics