some guy

Weightlifting

i as vegan do mostly soy protein + bananas + strawberries + water shake when i do a shake at all, usually just eat lots of lentils (25% protein), chickpeas stuff (falafel, chana masala, hummus etc, 20% protein dry), beans (20% protein), tvp (~60% protein) etc... i'm pretty happy with recent progress.

does anyone here do clean and jerk regularly? i did it first time today with small weight (40 kg), it was quite fun and felt good. i'm thinking about adding it into my permanent routine, to the legs-lower back-shoulders day, maybe doing first clean and jerk, then squats and deads, and military press at the end... is it worth it?

oh and i tried one-time maxes on some exercises... squat and dead both 130kg (actually probably could have tried more), bench 82,5, military press 52,5... it's funny that squats and deads are improving way more rapidly than bench and press.

I dont clean and jerk because I have low ceilings in my basement but I do power clean. I do the same as you and add them into my squat/ohp/dead days. I find that it makes some other lifts more explosive when I do them regularly. They should help improve all you compound lifts, even ohp and bench

got my bench up to 225, can only do it 3 times though.

squatting 275, but i can prob do more, it's hard to max out on legs.

nice! whats the rest of your lifts look like? Try doing a 3x5 routine on those lifts for a few weeks and then drop weight and do a 5x5 for a couple weeks. You should be able to easily bust through any plateaus after that

yeah i usually do 4 sets of 10. but on bench, the last 2 sets i just try and do as much as i can.

but lately ive been trying to get more ripped, so ive been doing less weight and more reps. like sets of 15 in everything i do.

i started lifting weights about 2 months ago. i began doing it to help my jiu jitsu (submission grappling) and im enjoying it a lot so far. at the moment i do 2 sessions a week in a 3 session cycle of push, pull and leg days

today was something like

bench - 10x60kg / 8x70kg / 6x80kg

clean - 10x50kg / 5x60kg

dumbbell shoulder press - 3x10x12.5kg each

close dumbbell press - 2x10x20kg each

then a plate routine, core routine and neck work

ummm, just want to get stronger overall. i dont need to be muscleman but i'dl ike to feel fit and actually have some tone to my body. but i'm also in the last few years of prime muscle building age so i probably oughta try and take advantage of it.

uh where is the spreadsheet? i downloaded some 211 page fucking book and no spreadsheet and it keeps linking me to shit to join. can you just send me a spreadsheet and kinda explain what this shit is? i'm not reading all that nonsense.