some guy

Weightlifting

im working on the captain of crush grippers and i just started working on the coc #2! for arm wrestling practice

try adding some deadlifts in there. Nothing is better for grip strength than to deadlift 300+lbs

try adding some deadlifts in there. Nothing is better for grip strength than to deadlift 300+lbs

Surely your deadlifts are eventually held back by having a stronger back than what your grip is, which is why many use ties. So I guess if you are a real serious weighlifter, grip training is vital. I know most weight lifters I have read the training schedules of do have a proper grip strength session.

Surely your deadlifts are eventually held back by having a stronger back than what your grip is, which is why many use ties. So I guess if you are a real serious weighlifter, grip training is vital. I know most weight lifters I have read the training schedules of do have a proper grip strength session.

I like to switch my grip up on deadlifts when lifting heavy. I find it a lot more difficult when not using an "over-under" grip and throw a shrug in at the end of every rep, making sure to pause at the top of my shrug. I am by no means an elite lifter but my grip strength has improved X100 because of this.

i joined a gym and i pick up really little weights!

like dumb bells 10kg

and idk what you call the other stuff ^_^

you've got nothing to be ashamed of. i start out with 20 lb (9 kg) dumbbells when working my arms and work my way up to 30 lb (13.6 kg).

i dont care that everyone else around me is lifting 10x more plus they are all bigger than me anyhow. i'm not trying to impress anyone. just trying to be careful so i dont hurt my shoulder again.

you've got nothing to be ashamed of. i start out with 20 lb (9 kg) dumbbells when working my arms and work my way up to 30 lb (13.6 kg).

i dont care that everyone else around me is lifting 10x more plus they are all bigger than me anyhow. i'm not trying to impress anyone. just trying to be careful so i dont hurt my shoulder again.

weightlifting is all about you, and what you want to accomplish. Not anyone else

I have really fallen off as far as lifting has gone in the past 5 months or so since I have gone to continental shift at work. I cant stay on a good schedule for more than a week at a time or balance my diet properly. I have lost quite a bit of size dropping from 201lbs down to 190 over that time span. Tuesday is my last shift at work until the new year so I plan on setting a schedule, picking a strength/mass program, cleaning and organizing my workout area in the basement and getting my shit together.

bippity bumpity boo.

just introduced some whey protein powder into my life about 5 weeks ago. already noticing much faster muscle recovery time and i seem to be filling out like crazy. shit works.

about to do chest/tris. recently, been gripping the bar in reverse (palms facing me). makes it a lot more difficult, but it's nice to switch things up.

bippity bumpity boo.

just introduced some whey protein powder into my life about 5 weeks ago. already noticing much faster muscle recovery time and i seem to be filling out like crazy. shit works.

about to do chest/tris. recently, been gripping the bar in reverse (palms facing me). makes it a lot more difficult, but it's nice to switch things up.

ofc it works, duhhh

squat 8x110

deadlift 7x100 (could do more prob, but don't wanna risk my back as i have had some problems)

bench press 6x70 (low progression, maybe legs are using all protein i am eating, dunno)

barbell row 6x60 (more, 10 reps or so when back is a little less horizontal)

press 10x40 (tried it today before bench press for the first time, usually after it i couldn't do more than 10x35, but today i could've done even more i guess)

10x35 barbell bicep curls

10x30 french press (lying triceps extensions)

all in kgs. considering my hectic training plan and inconsistent nutrition, not so bad.

no, i meant that these are by current bests.

i do legs & lower back one day; chest, upper back, arms and abs the other day. try to do four times a week (2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off), but sometimes i do less, like two or three, some weeks i don't go at all etc.

need a good back routine cause i want a perfect body, want a perfect soul.

can you help me, kemp?

Don't have any particular back routines but bent over row, deadlifts and pull ups are the best for your back. An area that i'm poor with to be honest

reverse flys and power cleans dont hurt either

also I have been really struggling with my squats as of late. My routine has been all over the place and my diet isn't helping my gains.

God, I need to stop smoking

does anyone here do clean and jerk regularly? i did it first time today with small weight (40 kg), it was quite fun and felt good. i'm thinking about adding it into my permanent routine, to the legs-lower back-shoulders day, maybe doing first clean and jerk, then squats and deads, and military press at the end... is it worth it?

oh and i tried one-time maxes on some exercises... squat and dead both 130kg (actually probably could have tried more), bench 82,5, military press 52,5... it's funny that squats and deads are improving way more rapidly than bench and press.

bippity bumpity boo.

what do you do, mix it in a drink or something?

I've just started working out again - I was pretty cut about two years ago, but have been lazy since then.

what types of stuff should I do pre and post workout?

I heard chocolate milk was good after a workout

yeah, got some chocolate flavored protein. i mix it with milk or sometimes water. i'll even throw in banana slices or sprinkle in on my cereal once in awhile. it tastes really good and the gains are pretty amazing.

the main con though is the price. whey protein is expensive