some guy

Weightlifting

I'm putting this here because it is a sport, I hope it doesn't get moved and buried in SHR.

Anyone else here workout?I started working out around a year ago and I was 165lbs, now I workout 5 days a week and I love it. I'll post some stats and hopefully there will be some fellow MT'ers who can chat about it, lend advice, motivate etc..

6'2 195lbs

Bench - 5x5 210lbs

Squat - 5x5 200lbs ( i don't have a squat rack so I have to clean and jerk the weight over my head - hence the low lbs)

DB press -15 x 3 incline and decline - 70lbs per DB

Butterfly's - 15x3 incline and decline - 45lbs per DB

dead lift -5x1 325llbs

overhead lift 5x5 115lbs

Curls - 115 curl bar - 60lbs per hand with DB

clean and jerk - see squats

Arnold press- 55 lbs per DB

bentover rows - 65lbs per DB

That's all I can think of right now. I'll post more if anyone responds. These are my weights for sets, not 1RM. I have no idea what my 1RM is because I have no spotter.

I hope someone responds to this thread

i took weightlifting one semester and got up to 120lbs for my bench press (keep in mind, i'm a girl). i can't remember my squats, cause i didn't really focus on them for the whole semester, and i just kind of threw on some weights for the final and faked it as my max weight for squats. i think it was around 200, but i can't remember. i kind of wanna do weightlifting again cause i've given up on trying to have a slender build. i'm built to be muscular, so i might as well be. though i'm not gonna try to get all gross-looking like a lot of female body builders or anything. just an atheletic kind of build.

i have no arm muscles

but i'm quite happy about that

i can carry like 7-8 bags of shopping at a time (6 if they are packed to the brim full of heavy things) so yeah that'll do

120lbs is very good for a female, Im embarassed that we squat the same though....:icon_redf

i could be exaggerating, don't worry too much. though i do have legs of steel... god help you if i put you in a scissor-lock, hahah.

i have no arm muscles

i can carry like 7-8 bags of shopping at a time (6 if they are packed to the brim full of heavy things) so yeah that'll do

what a good attitude to have

i have no arm muscles

i love my arm muscles, they're the best they've ever been. i never use weights above 3 lbs because i tend to bulk up easily and i am fanatical about staying lean. if i do something like kettlebells or machines i won't go over 15 pounds but i just do loads of reps and then other things like pushups. surprisingly one can be quite firm with light weights.

i work out quite a bit, 3 to 5 days a week and i do some weight training but not to build bulk or be competitive, just to be lean and healthy and for strength.

i love my arm muscles, they're the best they've ever been. i never use weights above 3 lbs because i tend to bulk up easily and i am fanatical about staying lean. if i do something like kettlebells or machines i won't go over 15 pounds but i just do loads of reps and then other things like pushups. surprisingly one can be quite firm with light weights.

i work out quite a bit, 3 to 5 days a week and i do some weight training but not to build bulk or be competitive, just to be lean and healthy and for strength.

yeah, i don't mind arm muscles at all, tone is great. but i'm happy enough without it. wouldn't mind if i got it but don't particularly want it.

i cannot do a single chin up :)

Squats are the best thing for your body ever.

Get a squat rack now dammit.

i do squats and lunges all the time with weights or a medicine ball in hand, my legs are rock solid. they really are the best exercises for that. and cycling.

yeah, i don't mind arm muscles at all, tone is great. but i'm happy enough without it. wouldn't mind if i got it but don't particularly want it.

i cannot do a single chin up :)

yeah, i'm really toned but not so much defined. i want the upper shoulder part to be a little more rounded out but overall i'm happy. oh god, i have been trying to do chin ups for months, literally months! it annoys me to no end. :/ i even tried sunday at the park and i could hardly lift myself

I'm putting this here because it is a sport, I hope it doesn't get moved and buried in SHR.

Anyone else here workout?I started working out around a year ago and I was 165lbs, now I workout 5 days a week and I love it. I'll post some stats and hopefully there will be some fellow MT'ers who can chat about it, lend advice, motivate etc..

6'2 195lbs

Bench - 5x5 210lbs

Squat - 5x5 200lbs ( i don't have a squat rack so I have to clean and jerk the weight over my head - hence the low lbs)

DB press -15 x 3 incline and decline - 70lbs per DB

Butterfly's - 15x3 incline and decline - 45lbs per DB

dead lift -5x1 325llbs

overhead lift 5x5 115lbs

Curls - 115 curl bar - 60lbs per hand with DB

clean and jerk - see squats

Arnold press- 55 lbs per DB

bentover rows - 65lbs per DB

That's all I can think of right now. I'll post more if anyone responds. These are my weights for sets, not 1RM. I have no idea what my 1RM is because I have no spotter.

I hope someone responds to this thread

measure your arms for me plz tia

i tried bench press once and could do a few reps of about 150lbs, thats about it

a friend of mine got really into weights about the same time i started bjj. hes way bigger than me now and always wants to wrestle, but he always taps within about 10 seconds

i tried bench press once and could do a few reps of about 150lbs, thats about it

a friend of mine got really into weights about the same time i started bjj. hes way bigger than me now and always wants to wrestle, but he always taps within about 10 seconds

:lol:

measure your arms for me plz tia

LOL, um.....ok...

I don't know how accurate my tape is but it looks to be 16 1/2" probably give or take an inch or so

I don't weight train for competition or anything, I like to do it to stay healthy and all, seeing as 30 is just around the corner:thumbsup:

I've worked out quite a bit and done powerlifting, but started feeling burned out from lifting in early August so I started doing tons of cycling instead. I've been doing about 24 km (about 12 miles) every other day and am going to start going every day this week.

LOL, um.....ok...

I don't know how accurate my tape is but it looks to be 16 1/2" probably give or take an inch or so

I don't weight train for competition or anything, I like to do it to stay healthy and all, seeing as 30 is just around the corner:thumbsup:

: )