apoxy

how many of you also have ATEASE accounts?

I am so bored at work i doubt just one radiohead message board would do! although i do go to harmony central to get my gear fix every once in a while. How many of you use ateaseweb? what is it like over there?

what is the atmosphere over there like? It seems like , at least to me, MT and GP is more centered around "Stardom" and song meanings. Also, MT often seems to get off topic and turn into a troll board quite quickly. I do remember about four or five years ago that various members of radiohead actually visited here, as well as referenced green plastic. I think those days might be long gone. I don't see alot of the people I recognize here, so perhaps they stepped over to ateaseweb. Is it generally the same as here?

i think the only time that i've visited at ease was to download the bootleg from the charlotte show of the in rainbows tour

is this show at giglink?

is it good?

btw idk if i have an atease account....can't remember

i probably have three or four accounts. i kept on forgetting my username or password so i would just make a new one.

i don't visit it much because the site is very slow. OM is good for the occaisonal threads that have a ton of great uploads/recs.

is this show at giglink?

is it good?

btw idk if i have an atease account....can't remember

i dunno if it's there

but it's awesome 'cause it's the one i was at so i can listen to it and be like zomg i was there

what is the atmosphere over there like? It seems like , at least to me, MT and GP is more centered around "Stardom" and song meanings. Also, MT often seems to get off topic and turn into a troll board quite quickly. I do remember about four or five years ago that various members of radiohead actually visited here, as well as referenced green plastic. I think those days might be long gone. I don't see alot of the people I recognize here, so perhaps they stepped over to ateaseweb. Is it generally the same as here?

wait, 4 or 5 years ago? i've been here 5 years in august. there were no various members of the band at the board. rumors, of course, but nothing verified. and quite a few people here made aliases of their names. we have had a visit by nigel, i believe. but seriously, you know, don't you think they'd be a little too busy to hang around any message board a lot? i mean, they do visit their own message board, the rhmb, posting under their own names but even that is rare. however, greenplastic owner jonathan has had the opportunity to meet with several rh members, including thom and ed - the last time i heard about was after one of the shows they played here in the bay area in '06 - and they had quite nice things to say about the site and appreciate this place.

also, i don't get what you mean about us being more centered around stardom and song meanings. certainly we discuss their music, as does atease. but thats not all. as for stardom, wht the hell does that mean?

and finally, despite recent behavior here, i would dispute that we are a 'troll board', and i have to kind of laugh that you think we are more of a troll board than atease, which probably has a worse reputation for that kind of thing. in fact, i think the times we do have problems with trolls its often been people from atease coming over to cause problems. but if you think all the people that were here went over there, by all means, go check it out.

anyways, hope that answers your questions, if you really were wondering.

I have an account there but I think I never posted, just browse it from time to time. It's a more popular mb, and I got the feeling they are generally very rude to noobs and that there is way too many troll threads on the main RH forum. But well that comes with being a big forum, I guess. Those thread titles show up on atease.com main page and it looks awful sometimes, really stupid titles sometimes. OTOH, it's a better place to find breaking news about the band.

I hope for their sake that the band members don't browse message boards... but it's been known about Nigel posting on AtEase (I didn't know about here, tho), and there are rumours Thom also did it, but I hope not... I dread the day they find out about [insert dairy-based dessert here]. Or their children find about it. Or even worse, their children's friends... Anyway, I find the atmosphere here friendly, sure there's trolling, but is there any internets without trolls?

i've had an atease account for a few years, one month shorter than this one.

i'm slowly_growing_deaf over there, i used to post a good amount but i never do anymore.

i had a username over there awhile ago that i don't think i ever posted under. just made another one today. i'm not sure why, i don't think i'm going to like it much, i'm not really a messageboard person, i'm just on MT and that's enough for me

who am i?

who am i as an MTer?

who am i as a woman?

who am i as a scholar?

who am i as an artist?

who am i as a musician?

who am i as a daughter?

who am i as a sister?

who am i as a bartender?

who am i as a dyke?

who am i as a pet owner?

who am i as an omnivore?

who am i as a poet?

who am i as a cynic?

who am i on atease?

oh, i'm Yuri-G.

really??? which members? how did that turn out i wonder? i bet noone believed it was really them and a flame war ensued