damm

cycling

Nasty crash for Jens Voigt, who has been one of the characters of the tour for many years, so sad he isn't going to finish, just hope he's ok.

what? wait until i get my clips tomorrow.

lmao. ok, kemp. i don't even know where to begin! 1st of all, armstrong is receiving no salary to ride for astana. he is doing it to raise cancer awareness. you cannot deny that astana's profile is enhanced, the camera's are trained on him the majority of times, he is interviewed nearly daily, regardless of his daily standings. even a french news reporter stood and applauded him at the start of the race for bringing excitement back to the tdf.

if contador is so worried, he shouldn't have involved himself in a doping scandal last year, costing him entry into the tdf. he has a long career ahead of him, he could be gracious. the win still benefits his TEAM either way.

if you watch the progression of the race every day as i do, you'll see that contador is not a team player. he rides off on his own. liepheimer was an ally of armstrong's and former teammate, he and kloden and the others have stayed close with lance at all times. armstrong is extremely gracious in all of his interviews, i have tremendous respect for the man.

and armstrong hardly has to be pulled up the mountain, roff. did you not see him close that 30 second gap today?! he is riding very well, p incredible if you consider he's been out of training for the past few years.

finally, even if contador is the "captain" which is debatable as the astana manager said he was "leaving it open" in interviews throughout the race, it doesn't bar kloden or armstrong (or poor liephemer) from winning, recall those 4 men have been in the top 6 throughout. recall that in the past kloden rode in support of ullrich but still placed above his teammate in the tdf. in ste of your efforts, i still think contador is a selfish prick.

ps glad you liked the salad, told you so! but what do you mean chinese?

Chinese style curry

You didn't really give an explanation as to why one man should let a lesser man win, other than you personally have lots of respect (fancy) the other man.

Nasty crash for Jens Voigt, who has been one of the characters of the tour for many years, so sad he isn't going to finish, just hope he's ok.

i saw this, just awful! according to armstrong's twitter, he spoke to frank schleck and he will be okay.

Chinese style curry

You didn't really give an explanation as to why one man should let a lesser man win, other than you personally have lots of respect (fancy) the other man.

lesser!? now i know you're just trying to tick me off. whether you like it or not- and i know you'll never cave, kemp so i should save my breath- the man is going down in history as a cycling legend, it's most likely his last year competing, he's 2nd place, a win for him is a win for the TEAM. if contador truly is the team captain, which i dispute, than he should think of the team before his own personal glory. clearly, he is not a team player. i've already said all of this. oh and apparently someone's been reading the celeb crush thread : p but that has nothing to do with why i'm rooting for him, purely a bonus.

i really don't understand what you're on about with the curry. i just used plain curry powder, there was no specification as to which country it came from? i would think the inclusion of the red grapes would preclude it from being chinese in any way?

lesser!? now i know you're just trying to tick me off. whether you like it or not- and i know you'll never cave, kemp so i should save my breath- the man is going down in history as a cycling legend, it's most likely his last year competing, he's 2nd place, a win for him is a win for the TEAM. if contador truly is the team captain, which i dispute, than he should think of the team before his own personal glory. clearly, he is not a team player. i've already said all of this. oh and apparently someone's been reading the celeb crush thread : p but that has nothing to do with why i'm rooting for him, purely a bonus.

i really don't understand what you're on about with the curry. i just used plain curry powder, there was no specification as to which country it came from? i would think the inclusion of the red grapes would preclude it from being chinese in any way?

Bella,

Armstrong is now the lesser man, he was good in the past but he isn't quite the best now. It's not his last year in competition, he's meant to be getting his own team next year maybe then he will improve but this years TDF clearly isn't his. You keep emphasisng that it's a team sport but the individual gets the plaudit. Like I said, Contador wouldn't have wanted Armstrong to join Astana, so why would it make him happy if Armstrong won? just because they have the same paymaster doesn't mean they will have a bond.

And actually, no I haven't read the celeb crush thread but it's pretty obvious!

My curry powder was chinese style, there are lots of different types of curry powders to buy

Bella,

Armstrong is now the lesser man, he was good in the past but he isn't quite the best now. It's not his last year in competition, he's meant to be getting his own team next year maybe then he will improve but this years TDF clearly isn't his. You keep emphasisng that it's a team sport but the individual gets the plaudit. Like I said, Contador wouldn't have wanted Armstrong to join Astana, so why would it make him happy if Armstrong won? just because they have the same paymaster doesn't mean they will have a bond.

And actually, no I haven't read the celeb crush thread but it's pretty obvious!

My curry powder was chinese style, there are lots of different types of curry powders to buy

lesser!? i still don't understand how you can say that, kemp. look at how wiggins and armstrong fell behind and had been similarly ranked, and look at where wiggins is now. not only did armstrong catch up to kloden, he then left him behind and finished ahead of him by nearly a minute.

and on that note, now do you see why i dislike contador? there was absolutely no reason for that final attack today. he gained nothing! in fact, the only one hurt by it was his OWN teammate, kloden. and it was a foolish move, he left himself in a position of no protection and without a teammate to strategize with. and so he lost the stage to frank shleck.

finally, to illustrate an earlier point i made where the tdf and cycling in general is meant to be a sport of honor and gentlemanly conduct, look at what occurred yesterday between karpatz and pellizotti on that 1st climb yesterday. karpatz could easily have taken the points, he had been in the lead but he intentionally slowed and let pellizotti pass and take his points. that is class.

and you may not have read the thread but i know i mentioned it at some point : p here, my market has "curry powder" and that is all. no distinctions

i have to say that as gutted as i was for armstrong to slip down to 4th, i am terribly pleased for the schleck bros, esp as their win stands as a sort of tribute to their lost teammate, jans voight. he was meant to be the morale booster and a well-liked member of team saxo. it has been a pleasure to watch the brothers ride all along and to see their interviews.

also found out the interesting news that one of my favorite riders, ferrar, is actually a local boy.

what has happened to columbia btw? does anyone know?

yesssss!!!! armstrong will return to race next year. best news i've had all week http://ir.radioshackcorporation.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=398636

incredibly pleased for armstrong as he's moved back up to 3rd. nice performance by wiggins as well.

in other news, contador continues to be a selfish prick despite kemp's defense. here is what his own manager had to say about what occurred yesterday:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article6723900.ece

Johan Bruyneel, the Astana team manager, was less discreet, insisting that he told Contador to let the Schleck brothers go in order to allow Kl

yesssss!!!! armstrong will return to race next year. best news i've had all week http://ir.radioshackcorporation.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=398636

incredibly pleased for armstrong as he's moved back up to 3rd. nice performance by wiggins as well.

in other news, contador continues to be a selfish prick despite kemp's defense. here is what his own manager had to say about what occurred yesterday:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article6723900.ece

exactly my point yesterday, the only people he harmed were his own teammates.

That Bruyneel is Armstrongs bumboy. Anyway no matter what you say, the best man should win.

That Bruyneel is Armstrongs bumboy. Anyway no matter what you say, the best man should win.

that's your best response?!?!

clearly you've got nothing, so i win. : p

uhhh talk to May, i got on there and chatted it up with her and Irene for a couple hours. they said you had just gotten off and that you were the one who was going to kick my ass.

yeah, i went to see bruno with the girls.

oh hey nick, i found a pic of your uncle earl riding his bike!

1228210-L.jpg

yeah, i went to see bruno with the girls.

oh hey nick, i found a pic of your uncle earl riding his bike!

1228210-L.jpg

I dont have an Uncle Earl, Bella.

that's Uncle Herman.

very very pleased for cavendish today, he has now broken the british record for stage wins and is the 1st racer to win 5 stages in a single race since 2004 (armstrong). he has a fantastic attitude. really enjoyed his interview. although, is it just me or is he difficult to understand?

the suspense is killing me as to whether wiggins, kloden or frank schleck will knock armstrong off of a podium position. i fully expect to have severe post-race depression on monday : (

armstrong is currently looking to recruit teammates for his radio shack cycling team. he has mentioned leipheimer, chris horner (member of astana who was left off this year's tdf roster) and kloeden.

for anyone who was wondering about armstrong's impact on the tour viewership: (source: AP)

Each morning of the Tour de France, an average of more than half a million Americans are tuning in to watch.

Not surprisingly, Lance Armstrong

I think the best man should win is a fair point

disagree, it is a team sport whether contador likes it or not and you haven't responded to any of my other points. those other men have been working for him and now that he's continued to show his true colors i wouldn't expect that they will continue to do so (although armstrong says that he will which proves that he is the better man! he has class and integrity. contador may have his youth on his side and great legs BUT lance has experience and a great mind for strategizing and the respect of his fellow teammates. contador is a loose cannon, proving time and time again that he thinks only of himself).

if i were kloden i wouldn't do anything at all to help him, esp after that backstabbing move which caused kloden to lose time and ranking, while contador had absolutely nothing to gain. as a matter of fact, the only people he helped were the schleck brothers and at his own team's expense. he's got to get his ego in check and stop alienating his own teammates.

btw what was that british cycling team you mentioned, kemp? and what are they looking to compete in?

I dont have an Uncle Earl, Bella.

that's Uncle Herman.

herman!!!! comeon, nick. you're doing it wrong.

how about cleetus?