Do you like My Iron Lung?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like My Iron Lung?

• Good
    • Not in the top 30

Why does it seem people don't appreciate this song. Whenever I see a list of top 100 songs of Radiohead its always in the 40's behind stuff like Dollars and cents and all i need. I think it is top 3 on the bends and one of radioheads best songs. Opinions?

You do realize after 239 people make their opinions and the song ends up 41st out of lets says 160 possible songs with B-sides estimated, My Iron Lung is in the 25th percentile. That's bitchin'.

My Iron Lung is a great song, yes. 25% Radiohead? Maybe. I've gone through weird cycles with The Bends...

Right now I'd say Fake Plastic Trees, (nice dream), and Bulletproof are my favorites, but that changes periodically. I adore Street Spirit but the studio version doesn't do it for me the way a lot of live recordings do these days. *shrug*

But I think it's both 'good' and 'not in my top 30'. Can you really only name 30 'good' RH songs??

But seriously, not my favourite track on The Bends - I've always thought it was a little out of place there, and much better appreciated in the context of its own EP, released quite a bit before The Bends (sort of a transition from PH to the Bends). I personally would have been happy if it had stayed there and not been on the Bends.