Madd Phun

Favorite live song

I'm pretty sure this thread has been made numerous times, but I'm a new member so i haven't been able to see any of them.

What are your favorite songs when performed live?

Mine would be

Fake Plastic Trees

Everything in its Right place

Reckoner

:thumbsup:

This is coming off of youtube videos though, I haven't been fortunate enough to be able to go to a real concert yet.

I love the staples of a radiohead live show (national anthem, Paranoid, EIIRP, etc.)

My personal favorite:

Climbing up the walls

Dollars and cents

Kid A

2+2=5

Overall, idioteque is my favorite live

Or maybe HTDC.

though i think my favorite individual performance is Weird Fishes on Jools Holland. such an amazing vibe/energy

Overall, idioteque is my favorite live

Idioteque is god awful at outdoor venues. Besides thom's crazy dance/seizure, its rather lackluster. National anthem, however, is fucking amazing. They feed in whatever the local radio station is playing for the intro, the bass hits you. And it fucking hits you!

Forgot to mention karma police. Saw it at 'roo 07. The entire time, thousands of glow sticks are being chucked from the back and continued all the way to the stage. At the end, "for a minute there, I lost myself." Imagine thousands of people singing along with thom, acapella. Seriously the best performance I have ever witnessed.

Idioteque is god awful at outdoor venues. Besides thom's crazy dance/seizure, its rather lackluster. National anthem, however, is fucking amazing. They feed in whatever the local radio station is playing for the intro, the bass hits you. And it fucking hits you!

Forgot to mention karma police. Saw it at 'roo 07. The entire time, thousands of glow sticks are being chucked from the back and continued all the way to the stage. At the end, "for a minute there, I lost myself." Imagine thousands of people singing along with thom, acapella. Seriously the best performance I have ever witnessed.

they do? i was wondering where they get that bit of the live version from. i've yet to see Fake Plastic Trees and Karma Police live when I do they will be my favorites as for now I'm going with Lucky.

I've never seen them live either, but I saw a live performance of 2+2=5 and that is what made me love the song. I'd love to see How To Disappear Completely in concert because I think it is amazing live.

VIDEOTAPE old version - if you didn't get to experience it, i am really really sorry cuz it was amazing, the most amazing live - check out a recording if you can get the chance (bonnaroo, down is the new up version, both good)

There, There

Airbag

Arpeggi old + new version

Cymbal Rush

2+2=5

Bodysnatchers

Where I end and you begin

Tourist

HTDC

Like Spinning Plates

thats enough

Paranoid Android for me. I was at a show (I think Alpine Valley '03) where they played this and the whole lawn was singing the vocal harmonies during the "rain down" part and it just hit you and enveloped you in this wave of sound. Indescribable in words.

idioteque has a little bit of something so damn sweet, especially more recent performances with that lovely metronome going up and down at the end of the song under the influence of jonnys playful fingers.

fuck, no love here for my favourite.

THE GLOAMING

its so much better live and with the 08 light shows it was intense.

my second is definitely the old version of videotape. seeing that was like a fucking spiritual experience, not to sound too cliche. just an amazing song.

and my third it probably arpeggi. it was great on the 08 tour, but the 06 tour version seemed much more personal. that may have been because it was the first time most of us had heard it and there was no album version. great shit though, nonetheless.

i dont mind Idioteque so much and both times ive seen them they played this and it was outdoors. as for national anthem, i love the local radio station intro and the rest. i wish however i could witness CUTW live since they do the radio station intro as well. hopefully one day i will. and of course, first time i saw them i remember everyone singing along to karma police. one of the few memories i have from the first time i saw them.

other favorites that i have witnessed:

there there

fake plastic trees

paranoid android

you and whose army?

2+2=5 into Sit Down, Stand Up

pyramid song

just

bangers + mash

optimistic

EIIRP (loved it at the Woodlands, the ending lasted forever since it was the closing song)

favorites i wish to witness, thanks to youtube videos:

kid a

the gloaming

CUTW

HTDC

blow out

go slowly