Good news/bad news in the latest issue of NME

They have an interview with Colin about their upcoming tour and the festival dates.

I'll type up the offending section here.

We ask him what else he can tell us about the upcoming tour that fellow band member Ed O'Brien has previously mentioned. "Well, we're planning on a fairly extensive tour of Europe. At the minute we're looking at several smaller venues in the UK as well as Leeds/Reading. Then we'll be playing at some of the bigger arenas in mainland Europe, one or two in every country."

If you're concerned about the glaring omission of North America, you have reason to be. "After the big tour in central America Thom is getting a bit concerned with going further afield than Europe, at least for the time being. We're hoping we'll have something together for 2010, but it's unlikely we'll be playing any dates in the US or Canada until then."

It's not all bad news though. "We're planning to roadtest some new material. We've got 5 or 6 songs which we think are good to go. We're really interested in streaming at least some of the concerts live, so our fans in North America will be able to hear the new material as soon as we play it."

Nothing much about LP8, aside from what we already know.

Sorry to all our AmeriMTers icon9.gif

life is so unfair. hasn't the UK had radiohead enough for a while. how about radiohead moves to seattle or something.

according to 58hours. they have played in the states 199 times and in the uk 192 times. while the geographic distribution is a bit off in terms of land mass. they have given a fair bit of time to the us. not to take this too seriously... :lol:

kinda sucks they probably wont be coming to america this year, but thats pretty awesome about streaming some of the concerts. i wont have to miss out on new songs completely. and waiting till 2010 isnt that bad. i waited 3 years or so to see them the first time.