Radiohead to perform at Grammys!!!

Reapix

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. am i the only one who would have been terrified if radiohead actually won simply because green day was presenting? that would have been awkward... when the camera focused on the band, you could see them sinking in their seats, rubbing the bridge of their noses, hoping they didn't have to go up there.

I'm glad they didn't win tbh..the grammy's are nothing but an industry hype machine/suckfest

Some of you need to chill.

1. Were any of you surprised by the loss?

2. If so, how does this effect you positively or negatively?

3. Why so much Coldplay hate? Even though Viva La Vida was shit, they're a decent band and probably the only mainstream one to be that fucking in love with Radiohead. If Coldplay won, they would have said how they gargle Radiohead's balls. Much more humble than that senile old fart Plant and his mediocre buddy Alison who they only awarded because they thought she was over 70.

4. Radiohead was awesome.

5. They are one of the most respected bands on earth.

AP report :

The Grammy telecast was filled with eye-popping and eyebrow-raising performances, from Radiohead's collaboration with a college marching band to a televised black-and-white throwback performance from Jay-Z, T.I., Lil Wayne, Kanye West and a (very) pregnant M.I.A.

Don't know if they were eye popping or eyebrow raising : )

Edited by stopwhispering
addition

3. Why so much Coldplay hate? Even though Viva La Vida was shit, they're a decent band and probably the only mainstream one to be that fucking in love with Radiohead. If Coldplay won, they would have said how they gargle Radiohead's balls. Much more humble than that senile old fart Plant and his mediocre buddy Alison who they only awarded because they thought she was over 70.

Thank you.

Alison Krauss is actually an incredibly talented singer AND musician. It was really a hand out to Plant. Anyone who has listened to her and Union Stations music knows they are amazing song writers and musicians. She is actually the most awarded Grammy artist in history and 37 years old. Maybe you should quit acting a whiny sore loser. At least they didn't give it to Coldplay.

Having said that... Raising Sand wasn't very good and in my opinion the award was a suck up to 30 some years of snubbery to Plant and Zeppelin.

Edited by Calico Jack

A good caption for this:

AH! AH! AH! AH! STAYING ALIVE! STAYING ALIVE!

By the way, they simply owned the whole night. No one, NO ONE, came even close to them. Paul McCartney, B.B. King, Stevie Wonder, U2, no one.

Funny caption for the picture.

As for them being the best performance. IMO yes, but a lot of people wouldn't agree with you, as some of these people did kind of break some key grounds to pave the way for more artists to say have artistic freedom if you will. Without Stevie Wonder there wouldn't be so many male R and B crooners who kind of all sound alike. But them teaming Wonder up with a boy band was kind of ridiculous.

Why do awards matter again anyways?

Can't wait to see Animal Collective on there next year when the Grammys begrudgingly nominate them for Best Album. And they'll play My Girls and the camera crew will be doing all they can to get shots of TI and JT and Notorious BIG. Well, maybe not him, but certainly the popular people that are alive.

i got so excited when i saw Ed in the background when Coldfuckingplay won the first time. i was hoping to see the entire band perform however i was still blown with the performance Thom, Johnny and the marching band gave. i saw one kid sporting an In Rainbows tour shirt unless they all were sporting one.

i dunno, i thought mccartney rocked it. looked great too!

angela_lansbury.jpg

:ninja:

Hiya doin' ,Craig.

Didn't know you posted on MT.

StreetSpirit

By the way, they simply owned the whole night. No one, NO ONE, came even close to them. Paul McCartney, B.B. King, Stevie Wonder, U2, no one.

You got that right...

Funny caption for the picture.

As for them being the best performance. IMO yes, but a lot of people wouldn't agree with you, as some of these people did kind of break some key grounds to pave the way for more artists to say have artistic freedom if you will. Without Stevie Wonder there wouldn't be so many male R and B crooners who kind of all sound alike. But them teaming Wonder up with a boy band was kind of ridiculous.

Yes, some of the people up there definitely deserve lots of kudos... but the performances were actually pretty bad. McCartney and Growl could have picked a much better song than "I Saw Her Standing There", which was used in a homage to the Beatles about two or three Grammies ago. The Bo Diddley homage sounded pretty uninspired (the audio definitely didn't help). Plant and Krauss deserved their awards, as their album is remarkable, but the performance sounded shy and weak. Carrie Underwood, Adele and some others did their job fairly well. Coldplay made a fool of themselves with piano ballad + Jay Z rapping, and with the Sgt. Pepper's wannabe costumes. Stevie Wonder with the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Kate Perry, the pack of rappers... I won't even bother to comment.

Part of Radiohead's beauty, IMHO, lies in their courage. They decided to perform on USA television after nine years without doing so, on the ceremony that celebrates the industry they partially started to destroy. And to do that, they teamed up with a college marching band and redid a song in 5/4 full of samples, with Yorke spitting lyrics full of neurosis to an audience that didn't have a clue of what was going on.

It's because of things like these that I love Radiohead to the core.

Edited by StreetSpirit