Sign in to follow this  
Bunny Cat

I Hate In Rainbows

You Bends losers need to grow up. It's not the 90s that album has some huge duds on it.

you need to stop concentrating on everything you hate and start focusing on what's good. Just cuz an album as a whole isn't THE GREATEST because it has a few shit songs on it doesn't mean you can't still like it for the songs that aren't shit. Seriously just delete the ones you don't like from your iPod, or press the skip button. And don't bother with LPs or tapes unless you like it all. But yeah don't but the concept of a consistent album on a pedal stool

Also I know not everyone can ignore lyrics but guess what some of us can, and appreciate the rest of what makes a song fucking great in spite of pseudopolitics

Also I know not everyone can ignore lyrics but guess what some of us can, and appreciate the rest of what makes a song fucking great in spite of pseudopolitics

agreed, but i would also argue in part that the "pseudopolitics" of a song like 2+2 are what makes it good. "YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION" is an awesome line not only to sing along to but one that you can apply to so much shit. if it was just blatantly political george bush is evil it would be horrible

but if you complain about Yorke's lyrics at pretty much anytime after PH or the Bends, anyways, i don't really get it. he's consistently one of the best lyricists around and his words almost always fit the music perfectly

agreed, but i would also argue in part that the "pseudopolitics" of a song like 2+2 are what makes it good. "YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION" is an awesome line not only to sing along to but one that you can apply to so much shit. if it was just blatantly political george bush is evil it would be horrible

but if you complain about Yorke's lyrics at pretty much anytime after PH or the Bends, anyways, i don't really get it. he's consistently one of the best lyricists around and his words almost always fit the music perfectly

yeah agree entirely but I was tryin to bring it down to box's level :P

I think The Bends and Hail are great albums I just think they are lesser ones in the RH catalogue 

HTTT is great, I love the 'pseudo-politics', the whole album has a youthful energy to it, even though Radiohead weren't exactly young when they made it. All the stuff that people criticise about HTTT are the things I love about it, the roughness and sloppiness of it make a nice change from a band that are terrible for over-thinking and over-criticising their own material. It's not their best album but I really like the fact they just fucking went for it, and I don't think there's a weak track on there.

Also who could criticise the lyrics for A Wolf at the Door!?

WALKIN' LIKE GIANT CRANES, AAH WITH MY X-RAY EYES I STRIP YOU NAKED, IN A TIGHT LITTLE WORLD AND WHY ARE YOU ON THE LIST? STEPFORD WIVES WHO ARE WE TO COMPLAIN?

INVESTMENTS AND DEALERS! INVESTMENTS AND DEALERS! COLD WIVES AND MISTRESSES!

Wolf at the Door is the best on Hail no doubt.

Some may disagreesoijustgo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOoooooooooooOooooooOooooooop

i don't think i've ever come around to, or been deterred by, a radiohead song based on the lyrics. it's just not the point at all as far as i'm concerned. he's never been particularly clear on what the fuck he's talking about, or at least not since, i dunno, ok computer. like paranoid android is some of the goofiest most random bullshit ever but it's still fun to sing along to. it stuns me how hung up people are on whether thom is trying to be more political than usual on httt. and strikes me as more than a little bit self-conscious tbh.

i don't think i've ever come around to, or been deterred by, a radiohead song based on the lyrics. it's just not the point at all as far as i'm concerned. he's never been particularly clear on what the fuck he's talking about, or at least not since, i dunno, ok computer. like paranoid android is some of the goofiest most random bullshit ever but it's still fun to sing along to. it stuns me how hung up people are on whether thom is trying to be more political than usual on httt. and strikes me as more than a little bit self-conscious tbh.

This.

Wolf at the Door is the best on Hail no doubt.

Some may disagreesoijustgo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOoooooooooooOooooooOooooooop

one of the best songs ever really

I'd love to see Thom use that part of his voice more often. i wasn't super into radiohead the first time I heard it and I wasn't even sure at first that it was him