Sign in to follow this  
MarkGrace

Your opinion, is Radiohead currently working on a new album?

i think they're probably writing/recording/fucking around and a new album will probably come of it sometime. but i doubt they're giving serious thought to an 'album' at the moment

I agree they are probably fucking around. I don't think Thom's post was him just being silly or something. He was pretty hilariously cryptic about it. But I think it's in the beginning stages, and just as with In Rainbows, they don't want to put any pressure on themselves to say "We're in the studio making a new album!!!" I also don't think they're too busy with rehearsing, I mean...they'll probably do that 4 days before they leave haha. They've kinda toured all year, it's the same show. But I mean if anything, just screwing around, being creative, seeing what comes of it, some of it going on tape, and probably having lives as well...

Creating new music - YES

Recording - Probably

SERIOUS Recording - No just song fragments nowhere near done.

There job is to play and write music, Though they have no deadlines so they get to take their time.

i think it's very very easy for the kind of collective energy and enthusiasm they talked about when In Rainbows came out to dissipate and if we were going to get a quick turnaround on LP8 i think they'd have had to work on it a fair bit before touring In Rainbows even. despite what they said at one point about what they'd be doing now, i wouldn't be surprised if serious LP8 thinking and recording was still 9 months off. also frankly, if what we heard from soundchecks this year was any serious indication of LP8 then it had a long way to go if it's going anywhere at all.

i think they're probably writing/recording/fucking

I agree they are probably fucking.

hmmmm. .

but srsy...i doubt they are doing anything serious studiowise..look how long it took for in rainbows

I think they will be spending time in the studio right now though probably not as a "band" - maybe the odd one or two of them at a time, basically playing with fragments that they wrote / recorded on tour (cos I think we're pretty sure that happened). There's also still all the "other" stuff that they worked on for IR before Nigel came on board which will be in various states of completeness, so new material might not be that far away - I'm sure we'll get some road tests in South America...

I can't believe that songs like "Burn the Witch" will not have some time devoted to them during the next few months...

On the other had, if they are in the studio, wouldn't Plank have updated his blog by now...?

they're in the studio. and they just finished off Big Boots ,obviously.

¬_¬

in one of the interviews with the bbc last year i remember Ed saying they felt they could be quicker with the making of an album after In rainbows. i hopeso.

Oh yeah I remember that. I mean that's how it seems anyway, but who knows. They have those three album cycles. And everything went really well this time, no post-OKC breakdowns, no break from EMI crises of confidence haha. Just...great album, great response.