Yanni

Thread where you let out whatever it is you want to say

damn coulda sworn there was a :tear: or something like that but maybe i'm just getting my boards mixed up, surely there were more than that? i guess it's probably just the way you had to scroll over before made it seem like more, and i was expecting things like :icon_redf to autocomplete when i start typing like but for some reason you just have to know what to type for the ones that don't end in a colon?

yeah i've confirmed the autocomplete is only working for emoji with shortcuts that start and end with a colon, and not for the ones that got their shortcuts cutoff way back in the day i.e. what shoulda been redface is just redf and rolleyes is just roll and these don't work for autocomplete

image.thumb.png.4e933473fac5e563ec36460a24a8d4f3.png

I went grocery shopping today. When I was looking at my list, I thought, “Lettuce? What do I need lettuce for? Maybe I just wrote lettuce because of all the salad I’ve been eating for dinner lately.” Then when I was in line, it hit me. I needed the lettuce for BLTs oh god oh fuck 

lettuce is good. iceberg lettuce is an okay idea but it should never have made it further. lately i mix lettuce with kale in my salads. i disagree with kale but put up with it just in case there is a reward somewhere down the road. kale and chard can both go to hell.

listened to a thom yorke interview on neil young he talked about this one album prairie wind i bought it and listened to it last night and even suzie the cat thought it was a gooder. it's nice to listen to a man singing about life on the prairie when you live on the prairie. nice prairie weekend that was.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:11 AM, gnogghi said:

listened to a thom yorke interview on neil young he talked about this one album prairie wind i bought it and listened to it last night and even suzie the cat thought it was a gooder. it's nice to listen to a man singing about life on the prairie when you live on the prairie. nice prairie weekend that was.

That was a nice prairie story gnogghi. I am neutral on Neil Young but Thom is really good at doing his own Neil Young. I loved On the Beach and Tell Me Why and they have a few more that they did I think...

On 8/7/2019 at 3:53 PM, sleepy jack said:

with a knife. into little slices. or shreds. it really brightens up a salad! 4reals.

Basil just ends up shredded when I cut it anyway. I never put it in my salad but it sounds good. I am really into growing fresh herbs now. I have basil, thyme, rosemary atm. It was so hot in May that all my potted flowers died and the only thing alive at the garden center was herbs so I did those on my porch and it smells so good and I pick them and my hands smell good for hours and I put leaves here and there to scent the rooms in my house. Homemade pesto ftw!

On 8/7/2019 at 10:13 AM, gnogghi said:

lettuce is good. iceberg lettuce is an okay idea but it should never have made it further. lately i mix lettuce with kale in my salads. i disagree with kale but put up with it just in case there is a reward somewhere down the road. kale and chard can both go to hell.

For some reason my dad loves iceberg lettuce, I don't really understand because it just tastes like eating water to me?  Very bland.  My favorite lettuce is romaine.  I could crunch on it all day long, like a rabbit.

Sometimes friends of mine post pictures of their rooms on Facebook or Snapchat or whatever, and I never can help noticing when people don't organize their wires, just a bunch of loose wires everywhere, like that one Pokemon, Tangela.  It's horrible.  It bothers me so much, I don't know why. 

We invented cable ties for a reason, it's what separates us from the animals.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:33 PM, party woo said:

Basil just ends up shredded when I cut it anyway. I never put it in my salad but it sounds good. I am really into growing fresh herbs now. I have basil, thyme, rosemary atm. It was so hot in May that all my potted flowers died and the only thing alive at the garden center was herbs so I did those on my porch and it smells so good and I pick them and my hands smell good for hours and I put leaves here and there to scent the rooms in my house. Homemade pesto ftw!

nice. i have 2 kinds of parsley, basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme and sage. 

love the way my hands smell too :rolleyes:

tonight we had the best bruschetta with a garden tomato and all the herbs on kalamata olive bread. it was delicious. 

my brother chops up a shallot and garlic and all the herbs and mixes it into soft butter and keeps it in the freezer for steak and what not.

13 hours ago, sleepy jack said:

nice. i have 2 kinds of parsley, basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme and sage. 

love the way my hands smell too :rolleyes:

tonight we had the best bruschetta with a garden tomato and all the herbs on kalamata olive bread. it was delicious. 

my brother chops up a shallot and garlic and all the herbs and mixes it into soft butter and keeps it in the freezer for steak and what not.

I love bruschetta, and this summer I discovered caprese sandwiches - pesto, thick mozzarella slice, and tomato toasted on a baguette. It’s just so good. Herbs on bread is heaven on earth. 

Omg the freaking building trades are so dumb. We don’t have plywood subfloors here idiot how can you not know this and call yourself a skilled professional? Look at the stucco and concrete blocks dummy this is a concrete slab foundation just like 95% of Florida homes built since 1950. Go back to 1980s and New Jersey and hand in your contractors license stupid old fart. *throws cinderblock in adrenaline rage

What a shit day.

I mean this is not why my day is shitty, it’s more than my dumb floor, but having to deal with derp derpy old farts who think they know everything when they actually very wrong makes it worse.

I am home all week on sick leave because positional vertigo. I just saved my new neighbour's dog from fierce backyard predators, like pumas and squirrels. It had jumpen over the fencen and was trapped in the next yard. I broughted it some water so it would stop growling at me. Cute David Bowie eyed white lab. Now we buds. The neighbour was a little dismissive when she finally came out. but I got her NAME.

Why would you name a dog "CJ". Is it short for Claude-Jean or something? A famous singer maybe^

Back to the US open qualifiers. That was the Tuesday morning that was.

Don't get me started on incompetence at work, warty poo. It's like doing a good job is a bad thing these days.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, party woo said:

I mean this is not why my day is shitty, it’s more than my dumb floor, but having to deal with derp derpy old farts who think they know everything when they actually very wrong makes it worse.

I hate having to deal with people for this reason alone, my dad is the WORST for this.

3 hours ago, gnogghi said:

I am home all week on sick leave because positional vertigo. I just saved my new neighbour's dog from fierce backyard predators, like pumas and squirrels. It had jumpen over the fencen and was trapped in the next yard. I broughted it some water so it would stop growling at me. Cute David Bowie eyed white lab. Now we buds. The neighbour was a little dismissive when she finally came out. but I got her NAME.

Why would you name a dog "CJ". Is it short for Claude-Jean or something? A famous singer maybe^

Maybe they just really liked GTA San Andreas.

Me: Okay I really gotta send out applications TODAY. 

Me:  this is the greatest possible time I can think of to reorganize my desk supplies.  Think I'll listen to the Decemberists.  Remember Party Cheetos?  That son of a gun really loved the Decemberists.