Yanni

Thread where you let out whatever it is you want to say

i hate how some films have been turned into shitty tv series, like fargo and 12 monkeys, and every time you look up something about the good old stuff you have to scroll through a ton of new age tv bullshit that is never ever relevant or even slightly enticing.

so many tv shows and movies suck. there's so much good stuff I wish people wouldn't make bad movies or at least not heavily advertise the bad stuff as much. my aunt who claims to have been abducted by aliens asked me if I wanted to see the new aquaman movie and I was so disappointed in her. I said (in my head), "people who have gone to space shouldn't care about super hero movies."  :icon_roll

YEA tv and movies suck

but i like interviews. its the only tv i like to watch besides animation and trailer park boys dadadada star trek

i think its always known between the journalist and known person that most people are reticent and many journalists are doing it only to justify the fact that theyve been hired to interview and have camera equipment and need it to be used theyve got to produce something or why bother with being hired?

sometimes its boring where its intrusive contentious scripted questions to chop the known person in a bad light, trying to steal a piece of them to satisfy the journalist hey i have access to this person everyone knows, wouldnt you like to have spent time with this known person? give me views and money to pretend you did

but sometimes it turns into a conversation and i feel guilty watching something like that but its the most interesting thing. real slow and brief spontaneous like hearing conversation on the bus. and if its a 90s interviews theres all these candles and mood lighting and its great

Oh. That's great. There are some people I always love to see interviewed, no matter by who because even if the interviewer isn't really able to connect or ask the right questions that person has such a strong and definite presence that they can't help but be interesting to watch, something you can learn from. I feel like Aphex Twin is that way. Or even Thom Yorke back in the day. The way he always squirmed in his chair.

Who do you enjoy to watch being interviewed?

i watch or listen to whoevers works im listening to or reading at the time. when i get tired of lstenin or reading ill go to the interview and get less tired. i might listen to a toni morrison interview cus im reading beloved for a book club at school. im not sure yet cus the book is already so extremely sad and id expect the interview to be no different.

for some reason in hs i really loved watching macaulay culkin interviews and now sometimes i watch tyler music rec videos a lot lol