Yanni

Thread where you let out whatever it is you want to say

it's not insulated and my pipes have been freezing every winter, which is always stressful.

yesterday a woman city councillor stole my period. i want to complain. I made a nice translation for a building sign, with a period in an abbreviation, and because they forgot the period in english, she decided to remove the one in the french.

if you ever wonder why bureaucrats and politicians don't get along.

i hope she gets her period three times this month, and it's really painful.

I'm alive! The eye wall came right up to us from the south then turned left, which put the worst side of the storm over us as a cat 2. We have fence and roof damage but at least it wasn't a cat 5. I pay shitload of money for home insurance and hopefully they wond dick me over. Modern Florida homes are built well that's why we live in ugly concrete block monsters instead of charming siding cottages. 80% of Polk county has no power except for party woo lol it stayed on the whole time. I am blessed with underground power line and the new smart grid. Friends is Tampa, st Augustine, Orlando, Miami all still waiting for electricity but it's coming on in many places. That was my 4th hurricane and its so scary each time. I love you Florida but as soon as my kids graduate I'm getting out of this state.

I can't believe I had power the hole time. The homes with new roofs did great but all of us on my street with original roof have damage. For real though we are stupid for living here but the building codes are always improving and we are built to handle this shit. You would think flooding is a problem but it's not because the water just washes over and out to sea. Probably not a good thing to make people feel too good about living in a hurricane zone though.

Did you guys see pictures of the bay in Tampa? The water disappeared and people were out there walking in it.

it's not insulated and my pipes have been freezing every winter, which is always stressful.

I have the opposite pipes. I only get cold water if it gets cold for several days, and we don't have winter anymore so ...

For the playlist I represent Hurricane by Bob Dylan and My House by Flo rida.

I can't believe I had power the hole time. The homes with new roofs did great but all of us on my street with original roof have damage. For real though we are stupid for living here but the building codes are always improving and we are built to handle this shit. You would think flooding is a problem but it's not because the water just washes over and out to sea. Probably not a good thing to make people feel too good about living in a hurricane zone though.

Did you guys see pictures of the bay in Tampa? The water disappeared and people were out there walking in it.

i was watching some videos of that happening in the bahamas. definitely a cool thing to be able to see in person.

(glad you weathered the storm ok too)

i cut my hand really bad and had to go to the ER for stitches and a tetanus shot.

good thing about my local ER is there is no waiting at 1:30 am. in and out in 45 minutes.

Oh dear! I hope all ten digits are accounted for. But next time remember that nothing good comes from knife play after midnight!