Yanni

Thread where you let out whatever it is you want to say

i wanna see rini

also talk to him

everyday i hate myself for walking by freshman and thinking 'why ddint i just talk to him why am i so creepy to walk by every day,'

ok it's not worth it irene BE FREE! MOON PRISM POWER MAKE UP-YOU CAN DO IT!! be sparkly.....for love and justice use yr pink sugar heart attack;_;

ehh its alright. its too fucking beautiful outside for me to possibly want to be here, plus i didnt have shit to wear this morning so that sucks. i may try and take a half day and get the fuck out of here this afternoon and spend some time in the yard.

bout yerself?

i just can't shake the feeling that i was happier in california. and if i'm going to do some useless shit job i don't believe in, might as well at least be in a place i love, right?

plus it'd give me the excuse i need to ride my bike across the country.

well then do it man, if you dont have anything really holding you there that you couldnt find in cali, get outta there

well, there's the issue...

erin's planning on applying to grad schools for next year. my assumption is that if she gets in somewhere in the northeast (which is likely) and has to move, and i'm not in school/in a better job here, i'm booking. i'd almost certainly move back to the bay. no idea where i'd live. i could probably scrounge up some kind of crap job, since i grew up there and all. would almost certainly lead to issues with all kinds of people, but so be it. i have enough money saved now that i could pull it off. plus whenever shit gets ugly i'll just hop on a bike and spend the day going up the pacific coast highway.

what sort of issues? when you say "i'm booking" do you mean leaving your gf? and its pretty hilarious i know your gfs name and not yours, wayne

if she moves, yeah i'd say it's probably done. i can't imagine i'd go with her and my long distance relationship days are over. it's not really a heavily-veiled secret that i consider our relationship moderately-doomed anyway. it's pretty lifeless as it is. sad, but true.

plus when i get back to california i'd just be wading into all the drama in my circle of friends there. it was totally avoidable when i was there for a couple months or a week. but not if i'm all living there and shit.

as for names, i just don't like referring to someone as 'my girlfriend.' not quite sure why. it's like... she has her own identity and that term seems weirdly possessive or something...

that's why i say "the gf"

well man good luck with everything, i get conflicted about my life. like i'm really lucky and have a lot of great opportunities, but sometimes it kinda aggravates that pretty much the rest of my life is already set in stone. i'd be an asshole to give it up because its all shit that i should be totally appreciative of. just sometimes i wish i could know the feeling of starting fresh somewhere

well man good luck with everything, i get conflicted about my life. like i'm really lucky and have a lot of great opportunities, but sometimes it kinda aggravates that pretty much the rest of my life is already set in stone. i'd be an asshole to give it up because its all shit that i should be totally appreciative of. just sometimes i wish i could know the feeling of starting fresh somewhere

exactly. there's no practical reason for me to be unsatisfied, aside from the fact that i'd rather spend my career on something that can actually help people rather than be exhibit A for bureaucratic retardation. it seriously eats away at my head that my life's work is generally part of the problem rather than anything resembling a solution. i know that sounds naive and any number of other things, but fuck, man. surely i can do some good somewhere. there's no real reason for me to dislike d.c., but i've been here for 2 1/2 years and this is just not my town. plus erin and i make ourselves and each other miserable about as often as we make each other happy. it's a total crapshoot. which is kind of bad since we live together. i seriously can't remember the last time she seemed happy for more than a few days at a time. i don't want to be a part of that oppression.

i've been in a relationship like that. shit is brutal man.

and yeah you've gotta be happy with what you're doing. and i'm in a job where i do get to help people and also get to help provide for a lot of people so that's fine, but its also not something i'm particularly interested in or passionate about. i think its more just the feeling of being pinned down. i dunno, its all too selfish and naive for me to give more than a moment's thought to

i've been in a relationship like that. shit is brutal man.

and yeah you've gotta be happy with what you're doing. and i'm in a job where i do get to help people and also get to help provide for a lot of people so that's fine, but its also not something i'm particularly interested in or passionate about. i think its more just the feeling of being pinned down. i dunno, its all too selfish and naive for me to give more than a moment's thought to

yeah i kind of alternate between telling myself that the economy's bad right now and i have a pretty sweet setup for such a shitty time and telling myself that that line of thought is clearly just a cover for being lazy and unfulfilling.

word of advice: never move to d.c. looking for government jobs and then discover that you don't want to work in defense. especially when your schooling was tailored for it...

people need to stop taking my sharpies

...didn't think you'd notice.