Hortenzia64

What was the last book you bought?

I bought a bunch of books to try to get my offspring reading but they are also books that I want to read.

514nfXXoaML._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51AQy9%2BuVPL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

512And8xM0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

YA fiction is usually not intellectually satisfying for me but I do love a good dystopia/apocalypse theme. In defense of The 5th Wave, the portion of the book I browsed seemed way better than the movie looked.

Also this book light. I always think booklights stink because they aren't bright enough. They had a nice one for cheap that was 13 lumens. And a bigger one that was 24 lumens. But no. I wanted 35 lumens. Now I think it's too bright.

41jzkEma4AL._SY300_.jpg

Also OT, but my daughter who loves to read but mostly crappy fan fiction asked me to get her Crime and Punishment. She's 12.

anigif_enhanced-4396-1422401796-12.gif

bought these bad boys recently, so enjoying reading recently

dune - frank herbert (currently reding)

submission - michel houllebecq

crome yellow - aldous huxley

the big sleep - raymond chandler

filth - irvine welsh

bought these bad boys recently, so enjoying reading recently

dune - frank herbert (currently reding)

submission - michel houllebecq

crome yellow - aldous huxley

the big sleep - raymond chandler

filth - irvine welsh

All great books!

i started working at a bookstore in october and since then i've bought Infinite Jest, Slaughterhouse Five, Slouching Towards Bethlehem, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Zodiac, Jitterbug Perfume, Helter Skelter, Reckless Daughter, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and The Hate U Give so yeah i'm gonna have to quit soon

i started working at a bookstore in october and since then i've bought Infinite Jest, Slaughterhouse Five, Slouching Towards Bethlehem, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Zodiac, Jitterbug Perfume, Helter Skelter, Reckless Daughter, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and The Hate U Give so yeah i'm gonna have to quit soon

whoa i need to read this one soon, been lovin her work

lurve s5 too :wub:

I finally bought American Gods at some point last year and I read the whole thing, but it took me forever because I kept forgetting to bring the book with me to work.  I was glad when I got to the point in the book where they describe Shadow as being black because I kept picturing him being black and I was like, "Wait, am I being unintentionally racist...?" but I just kept picturing him as being the man who plays Luke Cage for some reason.  I guess there's a TV series of it too or something but I probably won't watch it because I can't picture anyone else playing Shadow.  But also, it probably would not make a good TV series.  I should buy a new book soon.