Hortenzia64

What was the last book you bought?

how to look good naked is bollocks, the show was all about wearing push-up bras and shit. "How to deceive people into thinking you're not a fat slag" would be a better title

I can't recall the title, but it was a book analyzing the works of Kafka. I recall the intro talking about the uniqueness of the word "Kafkaesque", insomuch as the word had no apparent partiulcar meaning. Yeah

i dont remember. but the next one i'll get will be descartes' discourse on method

I have that, and it's coming up soon on my "to read" list.

But actually the last book I bought was Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer lololol

Before that I bought a "teach yourself French" book and before that, a book about the Dead Sea scrolls that looks really interesting. :thumbsup:

The Presentation of Self In Everyday Life by Erving Goffman

The Managed Heart by Arlie Russell Hochschild

both of which are for a class. i actually only needed to choose one of those out of 6-7 to write a paper on. but both of these seemed very interesting so i got them both and will probably read them both.

big sur and the oranges of hieronymus bosch by henry miller.

also a book about the differences and functions of the left brain vs. the right brain and how it plays in to the development of people's character. it's really interesting and makes a lot of sense.

cool book.

my last one was The Last Lecture. inspirational but sad..oops i didn't , i just read it

Oo I want to read that book! I heard it was pretty cool.

I'm reading Atlas Shrugged now among other things.