headradio810

Anybody been in the Pit for the Rainbows tour?

I was in the pit in Bristow, it was nice, the people around me were all into the show and there was no pushing or shoving. A very pleasant experience. I was close to the stage for APW, the Saturday show, and it wasn't as good of an experience. Lots of people were pushy and some people were rude and overly loud, but the people around me were great.

I was in the pit for the Boston show. It was pretty good. Not too hot. The LED light show definitely did the trick. Only problem were these two really tall guys right in front of me, and this girl who in her many fits of Yorke-ish dancing, kept whipping me in the face with her hair.

Pretty much your average pit experience.

I was at the outdoor show in Montreal and I could barely move.

Yeaaa mannn, It was awful. well, amazing show...but it was tough to enjoy because there was actually an inch at most to move your feet before standing on someone elses toes. my brother and I as well as a friend all passed out. we were standing still and hotboxing an umbrella for about 6 hours tho.

Went to the Sat APW show and it wasnt as bad, but the sound was pretty lame. mtl concert was 100X better. APW phil was too loud, johnny was too low..and other things. you couldnt even hear johnnys solo at the end of the bends. not at all.

either way, 2 radiohead shows in a week was awesome.

i was at the rail in montreal so it was hard to judge sinec i wasn't surrounded by people. from looking back though the place was packed. i think it depends the size of the pit and how many people it holds. the venues that are mostly seating but have a small gen addmission area would probably be more spacious, but it also depends on the people in the crowd.

I was in the pit for the Boston show. It was pretty good. Not too hot. The LED light show definitely did the trick. Only problem were these two really tall guys right in front of me, and this girl who in her many fits of Yorke-ish dancing, kept whipping me in the face with her hair.

You weren't standing on Jonny's side by any chance were you? I was next to 2 tall blonde guys and have long curly hair. I ditched my bag in the car before going in and then realized I didn't have anything to tie my hair up with. Sorry about that if so. I was going a little crazy with the dancing.

That seriously made me lol.

Just went to the show in Toronto, and it was comfy and cool.

Me too, comfy and cool in Toronto. I Stood next to this dude who was HUGE. I was dead center with the lights, a few people into the fray. I didn't need to be at the rail, i was maybe 25-30 feet back from the stage dead center, it was perfection...

i was in the pit at stl

i honestly would have preferred the reserved seating right behind the pit

but i also didn't get into the pit until right after they started and had to remain on the sidelines a bit. i should have gotten down there earlier so at least i could be more in the middle.

i can't say the crowd was that great where i was. i was one of maybe two people dancing. others looking at me like i'm the weird one cuz i'm dancing at a rock show and they're just fuckin standing there.

also, out of all the bands i saw at lollapalooza, the rh crowd was easily the most frustrating and overall rude. it was a constant flow of people budging forward even up to the encores.

someody needs to create a concert/festival code of conduct that people should attempt to follow. i can understand wanting to get as close as possible, but shit, once the music has started everyone is already as close as they can get, people should really just stay where they are and enjoy the show instead of being a nuisance and a distraction.

Nice and comfy for Dallas and Indy. do not expect that in Vancouver, Seattle, and Santa Barbara though.

Outside Lands might be intersting, who knows if the audience will start pushing.

San Diego should be laid back

During the Hail to the Thief tour the two pits that I experienced were very comfy and spacious. Would love a response from somebody who has been in the pit for this tour. How was it? Cramped and obnoxious or comfy and cool?

Was front row in dallas.. My first RH concert ever.. was a nice setlist not great but nice. Didnt play any of the songs that I was into at the time. I was really hoping for Kid A, Morning Bell, Lucky, Street spirit, Where I end and you begin. On top of that they played a few songs I really am not fond of .. especially wolf at the door. Kinda let down by that. did ya catch that? lol Over all the Bends rocked the house. My concert buddies were awesome. I went alone and i drove from tuscaloosa alabama so the concert buddies were important. Anywho im rambling about my fav night of the decade lol.

You Americans seem to have nicer crowds than us Brits. I've heard a lot of complaints from people at Manchester and Victoria Park, but none from any of the American shows. From what I've seen and heard, seems we could take a leaf out your book as far as concert etiquette goes.

Was front row in dallas.. My first RH concert ever.. was a nice setlist not great but nice. Didnt play any of the songs that I was into at the time. I was really hoping for Kid A, Morning Bell, Lucky, Street spirit, Where I end and you begin. On top of that they played a few songs I really am not fond of .. especially wolf at the door. Kinda let down by that. did ya catch that? lol Over all the Bends rocked the house. My concert buddies were awesome. I went alone and i drove from tuscaloosa alabama so the concert buddies were important. Anywho im rambling about my fav night of the decade lol.

was at that gig - agree on the review - even though seen better set lists they were spot on - and the funny guy comment was great

santa barbara in a week - can't wait!

Would the far back of the pit at the san diego show be horrible? I'm not sure how early I can get there so I'm resigning myself to possibly not getting a good spot. :icon_indi

at above^ gig we were front row directly behind the pit - at least at that venue the back of the pit was wide open and some chose just to hang on the rail