liambwfc

Radiohead's fans

Hi.

I was just wondering could any of you please tell me any celebrities or fellow musicians who have clearly stated they are Radiohead fans or are known to like them. I am doing this because I have a friend who believes Radiohead are not well known or liked in the music industry when I know fully well they are and perhaps I could convince him a bit if I was able to show him a list of people. Thanks for the help :D

Haha where to start....

There's a thread with a link to a great site with countless quotes from celebrities praisin RH.

I think it was a thread that started with a Dave Matthews article (in which he said he becomes so frustrated because they're so much better than him) in Rolling Stone about Kid A.

You should know about Chris Martin's obsession and Michael Stipe and Bono (who recently said they were a 'gift') are avid admirers.

Apparantely, the leader of the Tory party in England is a Thom Yorke and Radiohead fan.

And pretty much every musician in history praised what they did around the time of the Kid A release.

All you have to do is get someone to give you the link to that site or track down a thread that was around about a month ago which had lots of quotes in it.

:thumbsup:

Trouble is many 'famous' people claim to be fans and are not! I actually sat next to Avril Lavigne and her husband at a Radiohead gig. Avril was totally bored and her husband spent the entire gig on the phone.

Basically, most celebrities go see radiohead to be seen and be seen to be cool. LA is a horror for this....the likes of Lyndsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Kirsten Dunst etc etc are all supposed to be going. They hang out for 2-3 songs and go off somewhere else to be seen. So really, do not believe a word of someone famous loving radiohead....I wouldn't be convinced unless they can name every album in order and name at least one song from every album!

Trouble is many 'famous' people claim to be fans and are not! I actually sat next to Avril Lavigne and her husband at a Radiohead gig. Avril was totally bored and her husband spent the entire gig on the phone.

Basically, most celebrities go see radiohead to be seen and be seen to be cool. LA is a horror for this....the likes of Lyndsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Kirsten Dunst etc etc are all supposed to be going. They hang out for 2-3 songs and go off somewhere else to be seen. So really, do not believe a word of someone famous loving radiohead....I wouldn't be convinced unless they can name every album in order and name at least one song from every album!

nah they just have tons of money. so if the slightest thought like 'ehy i should see rh' comes up they can just pay a few hundred from a scalpor, even if they aren't much of a fan.

oh yeah, during one of the new york shows last tour george bush's daughter was there with SIX security guards. during the show she got up to leave and everyone noticed. thom made a post about it on DAS, wondering whether she actually had a valid ticket or not.

Jason Lee loves them, he made cast and crew listen to them non-stop on the Vanilla Sky shoot,

Brad Pitt and Ed Norton are fans, even wanted their music for fight club

Tom Cruise

Coldplay wishes the could bed Radiohead

Courtney Taylor-Taylor (dandy Warhols) loves them

Kirsten Dunst, she even wore a Radiohead shirt on MTV

I guess Gnarls Barkley

Alanis Morrisette

They are beloved and studied by anyone who loves music and even more so by the most talanted musicians

okay seriously nobod i know likes radiohead!:thom: it it just me or what? they obviously cannot stand the presense of genus. everyone listens to fucking my chemical romance or COLDPLAY but they fucking SUCK. radiohead is really indie i would almost consider them underground! i love that nobody listen to these genouses but me sometimes but other times i feel bad for those morons as well:dancingthom::rockout:

:risa:

okay seriously nobod i know likes radiohead!:thom: it it just me or what? they obviously cannot stand the presense of genus. everyone listens to fucking my chemical romance or COLDPLAY but they fucking SUCK. radiohead is really indie i would almost consider them underground! i love that nobody listen to these genouses but me sometimes but other times i feel bad for those morons as well:dancingthom::rockout:

:risa:

*genius

*geniuses