Simon

The 'How Dare they Omit 'Insert Song Here'! Thread

I'm suprised that 2+2=5 has fallen out of favour. It's great live.

Other slightly dissapointing omissions are Knives Out, IMBW, No Suprises and unsuprisingly, Let Down.

Hopefully they'll introduce a couple of these in Dublin...:thumbsup:

i was kind of surprised at the lack of no surprises and karma police, but not in a bad way really. made room for better songs. no pablo honey yet either, but again that's probably a good thing. blow out would've been awesome though.

on the flip side, did they reeeally need to play EVERY song off of IR for nearly all of the shows? i know the tour is for that album, but still

i was kind of surprised at the lack of no surprises and karma police, but not in a bad way really. made room for better songs. no pablo honey yet either, but again that's probably a good thing. blow out would've been awesome though.

on the flip side, did they reeeally need to play EVERY song off of IR for nearly all of the shows? i know the tour is for that album, but still

Yeah, like I would have been quite content had say, 'All I Need' or 'Faust Arp' been substituted for one of those songs I mentioned.

Wish they played 4 Minute Warning.

Agreed. I went through an obsessive period of relentless listening to 4MW a couple of weeks back. Love that song and it's special live.

That's to say, the '06 version is special live.

Yeah those songs are crowd favourites, but sometimes it seems like when they play them they're just going through the motions. Probably because they're so unchallenging to play.

Go To Sleep. You gotta love how Jonny rapes his guitar. this performance is ace:

Thom kicking his legs, the rest of the band watching and smiling at Jonny's skills, as if they were regular fans. Magical.

But I agree with paranoidandroid, we shouldn't fret too much

Go To Sleep. You gotta love how Jonny rapes his guitar. this performance is ace:

Thom kicking his legs, the rest of the band watching and smiling at Jonny's skills, as if they were regular fans. Magical.

But I agree with paranoidandroid, we shouldn't fret too much

i'd love to see that live. but more importantly, they should have featured the solo on the studio recording more prominently instead of having it fade out so quickly. would've been kickass.

If they don't play Fake Plastic Trees at APW in August I'm never listening to them again.:colin:

Gag me.

Out of their entire collection, you want to hear Fake Plastic Trees the most?

Gag me.

Out of their entire collection, you want to hear Fake Plastic Trees the most?

they should play Gagging Order.

i'd love to see that live. but more importantly, they should have featured the solo on the studio recording more prominently instead of having it fade out so quickly. would've been kickass.

damn right

down is the new up ?????????????????????????????????

not the greatest song for an open-air concert. it would be lost on those at the back amidst all the chatter that inevitably occurs during slower songs.

hence the omission of 'i will'. which i adore.

I totally agree. Play 6-7 IR songs each night, mix it up a little, and then you have 3-4 more random old songs like "Electioneering", "My Iron Lung", and "Scatterbrain". !!!