Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, August 24th/25th

ephil

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This workday needs to fuckin' END... No chance to be constructive (lol) today.

Have a ticket for tonight, first time seeing them since Berkeley '06 so I'm very excited.

I'm glad that last night's setlist was a little bit vanilla... I'm hoping for The Bends or Planet Telex or something else on my "never heard live" list. (They haven't played Let Down in ages, right?)

Question: is the current live arrangement of Videotape like the album or the old version?

Question: is the current live arrangement of Videotape like the album or the old version?

Album version. I was up close last night and Phil seemed to have a very minimal role in the drums for that song. Most were drum tracks being manipulated by Jonny off to the side from what I could tell.

And yeah...after Street Spirit being the only Bends song last night, I wouldn't be surprised to see Planet Telex, The Bends, My Iron Lung, or Fake Plastic Trees make its way into the set tonight...:yeah:

Yeah the crowd around me didn't seem to be big radiohead fans-they were definitely 'in rainbows' and 'HTTT' era fans. A lot of posers etc....by the way to the people near me, I am not interested in how much you paid for your ticket-you are stupid ass-holes for paying a $1000 for a ticket when I paid $75!

Radiohead = 100% GREAT

LA Crowd = 90% Wankers, 10% 1st rate radiohead fans!

agree.

wish i wasnt so far up. damn presale and my stupid internet going down at the time. ugh... it was a bit weird, cuz i was spazzing/dancing to paranoid android and idioteque and like i would glance at the corner of my eye and people were like wtf is she doing? esp those damn chicks next to me. god. why pay $80-$xxxxx if you are not going to do much... fucking la... ugh....

yeah, seriously everyone was so uptight. I even heard a couple shouting "play something we know." wtf

anyway, I had nosebleed seats but just danced the whole time three sections below. Anytime someone tried to ask to see my ticket I just danced away in the opposite direction with my hair flying all over the place like a crazy hippy

yeah, seriously everyone was so uptight. I even heard a couple shouting "play something we know." wtf

anyway, I had nosebleed seats but just danced the whole time three sections below. Anytime someone tried to ask to see my ticket I just danced away in the opposite direction with my hair flying all over the place like a crazy hippy

yea

like this one guy near by was like "OMFG FINALLY MY FAV SONG" when house of cards went on.... but he was stiff for all the other songs... and the girls next to me only stood for IR songs.

but ahaha love that dancing bit. wish i saw.... prolly would have done it with you..

here's the setlist I wrote down, correct me if anything is wrong:

15 Step

There There

Morning Bell

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Nude

Weird Fishes//Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The National Anthem

Wolf At The Door

Faust Arp

Exit Music

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Idioteque

Climbing Up The Walls

BodySnatchers

How To Disappear Completely

Videotape

Paranoid Android

Dollar and Cents

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

[fuck up]

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Reckoner

House Of Cards

Airbag

Everything In It's Right Place

Yeah, I couldn't believe that nobody else was dancing.

Another thing that got me was you could see hundreds of camera phones in the audience.

wtf, get out of here with all of those glowing lights

yea

like this one guy near by was like "OMFG FINALLY MY FAV SONG" when house of cards went on.... but he was stiff for all the other songs... and the girls next to me only stood for IR songs.

but ahaha love that dancing bit. wish i saw.... prolly would have done it with you..

haha, that's funny. Somebody in my section was asking about Creep, and the other guy said they vow to never play it again. lol. Well, I think it's a good thing that they're getting new fans because of IR. But these kids need to get their hands on the old materials, like Kid A and OK Computer. I'm going back tonight and I'm not going to let them annoy me like they did yesterday.

The show was amazing and the lights were award winning (if there are any awards for lights?).

Me and my girlfriend sat in Section E, Row 4, right on the inside of the section. So they were pretty good seats.

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, but most of the people around me were dancing and freaking out and smoking and having a good time. It was nice because I didn't feel so out of place. However, I wish the Bowl ushers wouldn't have let people move and stand in the isles (or basically where ever they pleased). I didn't mind if people were in front of us and not obstructing our view but a couple of annoying people walked right in front of us and it kind of threw off any type of groove or rhythm I'd get in to because I would have to ask(argue) them to move.

I can't reiterate how amazing the light show was. For a couple of the songs the light show + the music literally made me trip out. I would just close my eyes and move my head to the music and even though my eyes where closed it was like I was still seeing the lights through my other senses...it was awesome.

Great show and yeah the LA crowd is pretty lame, but my section was fine.

I saw Toby Macguire (or whoever it is that plays spiderman) when we were leaving.

15 Step

There There

Morning Bell

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Nude

Weird Fishes//Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The National Anthem

Wolf At The Door

Faust Arp

Exit Music

Idioteque

Climbing Up The Walls

BodySnatchers

Videotape

Paranoid Android

Dollar and Cents

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

[fuck up]

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Reckoner

House Of Cards

Airbag

Another thing that got me was you could see hundreds of camera phones in the audience.

uhhh... lucky, not airbag?

haha, that's funny. Somebody in my section was asking about Creep, and the other guy said they vow to never play it again. lol. Well, I think it's a good thing that they're getting new fans because of IR. But these kids need to get their hands on the old materials, like Kid A and OK Computer. I'm going back tonight and I'm not going to let them annoy me like they did yesterday.

seriously... i really wanted to hear talk show host.... i even yelled it, cause i knew it wouldnt happen. ahaha. but if it had... :yeah:

damn have fun tonight!

shit yea, you went through it yesterday or just enjoy it. at the beginning i was bugged, because i was having a shitfest of a day, but then i just let it go... cept for how faust arp cuz people were dicks.... anyone heard that "ELECTRO COCK" or whatever?

GTFO you troll. Why the hell do you care unless you saw them twice playing the same setlist?

aww, i'm sorry, did i ruin your night? if me making a critical comment is all it takes to diminish your experience then it mustn't have been that great to begin with. but anyway... i wasn't necessarily calling the show lame, it was probably great as most radiohead concerts are and it sounds like it was. i was calling the band lame for rehashing a setlist. as far as i know radiohead has never played the same set twice and this is the closest they've ever come to doing just that. just from a hardcore fan/radiohead purist standpoint, it's a little disappointing. but yeah, it really has no effect on how good or bad last night's show was, except for maybe the one or two people that were at both shows.

15 Step

There There

Morning Bell

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Nude

Weird Fishes//Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The National Anthem

Wolf At The Door

Faust Arp

Exit Music

Idioteque

Climbing Up The Walls

BodySnatchers

Videotape

Paranoid Android

Dollar and Cents

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

[fuck up]

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Reckoner

House Of Cards

Airbag

ahahha.... that made me laugh.... a little too loud than i should have.

I took my 14-year-old to his first RH show last night. As you can see, he had a little trouble with the local authorities for appropriate attire... ;)

lapd400w.jpg

he looks too happy to be having a hard time. hey, did the cop enjoy the show, too?

nice t-shirt on your son. i'm taking my 16 year old to his first RH concert tonight. and my first one, finally!

aww, i'm sorry, did i ruin your night? if me making a critical comment is all it takes to diminish your experience then it mustn't have been that great to begin with. but anyway... i wasn't necessarily calling the show lame, it was probably great as most radiohead concerts are and it sounds like it was. i was calling the band lame for rehashing a setlist. as far as i know radiohead has never played the same set twice and this is the closest they've ever come to doing just that. just from a hardcore fan/radiohead purist standpoint, it's a little disappointing. but yeah, it really has no effect on how good or bad last night's show was, except for maybe the one or two people that were at both shows.

hey, chill. i was at last nights show, and don't see any reason why anyone should have an issue with them almost duplicating a setlist from another show somewhere else. it was great - band had a lot of energy and everything was fun. why care if the setlist was the same as someplace else most of us didn't see?

with such a stage set up and those coordinated lights, it probably limited the setlist.

uhhh... lucky, not airbag?

ahhh, there you go. I was having a little bit of trouble remembering some names:

Im the type of fan that only listens to radiohead when I see them live, because I got pretty

burned out on the albums by listening to them too much in high school-

each time I see them play it is very refreshing