kafka.

The Longest Thread in Your Art

I've decided to give up solid state amps for a starter tube amp (Fender Champion 600, only has one knob for volume and two imputs for high and low gain) and save up to get a Tweed Blues Jr. eventually. Going to piece together this list of pedals: OCD Fulltone or FuzzFactory, Sea Maschine, DigiTech Whammy, and a MidiVerb.

It seems open for more instruments. Some fx guitar/keyboard doing a repeating bendy note thing, maybe reverbed way out? It's also great as it is. The way the piano tumbles over itself. Yeah. And the spoken word works. Is that you or your brother? Only asking because I don't remember you having an Isaac Brock lisp from the podcasts James did.

:hug: good to have you back

hi kafka. have you returned to us or are you just.... killing time? hyuck hyuck

Ha! Yeah, I'm here. With a lot less to say or post, I guess, but I'm here.

My friend had that amp and we loved it. I know what you mean about the bendy note thing. A newer version has something like this. The voice is me and sometimes I do lisp... Idk. I did a lot of takes of that vocal part (also reworking it) so I was tired of saying those words which is why I think I was lisping but I got much more comfortable saying the lines.

Came back to this thread to post about the amp after trying it out and love is definitely the word for how I feel about it. I know it can't be an amazing tube amp by any means being a practice/'starter' tube amp, but ah, what a beautiful tone. Thinking about doing a Jensen Celestion speaker upgrade eventually. Interested to hear your execution of a bendy note thingy, and whatever else. Also, lisps are awesome. 

Also, it's been a while Zach! You going to join the next compilation?

Probably not. Busted mic. Way out of the habit and discipline of recording. Not much material to work with. So it goes.

:hug: good to have you back

good to be back :)

My friend is making a split ep or something (i am really bad at formal things) and one of the songs he previewed to me is so beautiful I can't wait to share it with you all.

i like the jungle track a lot, though the first listen felt a bit like a seizure. a couple of sounds are not so much my cuppa, but hey, everyone like their special kind of cuppa

good song. I especially like the vocals at 3:25-3:37. 

I bought a second pedal, Digitech rv-7 reverb, to go with my ocd overdrive. Because I'm unashamedly going after the 'To Here Knows When' mbv sound. I almost went with the midiverb ii, the unit they used for Loveless, but 6 hours later I was convinced it was too dated and a rack mount would be inconvenient. The rv7 doesn't seem that much better, but I'm hoping. There aren't too many reverse reverb pedals/racks out there. Here's some clips (thrilling sales pitch, I know):

(skip to the 2:53 mark)

reverse reverbs are definitely a trip, as they say

been diggin my friend's "all in one" boss effects thing recently, a phenomenon i was never really into (as a man of multi-effect boards with all the wires & pains in the ass they come with)
really if i just took my 2 or 3 fav analog pedals & combined 'em with something like that i could be somewhat happy in this world, with a setup of that nature

and now for something completely different
http://soundcloud.com/warganization/the-links-when-you-really-lounge

would that be too cliché/corny or just like, worst idea ever to name a used bookstore/music store apollo or apollon if we wanna french things up?

their logo would be something like:

IMG_3057.jpg

but better obv this is really preliminary work

lyre is pronounced the same way as lire in french and lire means to read GEDDITw

would you buy books from this place

man this is real bad huh x__x

oh mannn i guess it is GOGO GADGET OSELFDESTRUCT