Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago, August 1st

suprefan

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if I weren't seeing them in St. Louis and Indy, I'd be right there with the hardcore people waiting for radiohead all day.

Luckily, I don't have to make that choice. As long as I'm as close as I was for Daft Punk last year, I'll be okay (just a little in front of the tent where all the sound mixing gear is).

nah, it depends on the schedule, which won't be out til june anyway

i'm not going to miss grizzly bear on the other side of the park just to keep a close spot for radiohead

and i'm rather confident in my ability to fight my way up close

Funny story, Lolla '06, Queens Of The Stone Age, me and my friends are trying to get as close as we can, and we're like three feet in front of this forty year old and his friend and he's like 'Hey man youre gonna have to move' and were like well we cant even get any closer and were hardly blocking your way at all and he was being all intimidating and shit and was like 'I don't give a shit, man you can't stop right in front of me,' so we forced ourselves just a little bit furthere just because it would have been gay as fuck to get in a fight with him right there. Random story.

St. Louis, Indy, and Lolla.... jesus fuck! i wish i had that kind of money.

Well. I live in Chicago. So travel costs to all of them are minimal compared to people who have to fly to see them.

As for the cost of the three tickets... Well. What can I say other than "tax refund." :)

Honestly, if I weren't seeing them in St. Louis and Indy, I'd be right there with the hardcore people waiting for radiohead all day.

Luckily, I don't have to make that choice. As long as I'm as close as I was for Daft Punk last year, I'll be okay (just a little in front of the tent where all the sound mixing gear is).

i wish daft punk was playing this year, or at least something else amazing and electronic that i can dance to with some people, LOLLAPALOOZA DANCE PARTY!

!:dancingthom:

there probably is, but just not anyone i'm familiar with. i know in the past they've had more high profile electronic artists.

maybe i should just trust perry farrell and hope for the best.

i wish daft punk was playing this year, or at least something else amazing and electronic that i can dance to with some people, LOLLAPALOOZA DANCE PARTY!

there probably is, but just not anyone i'm familiar with. i know in the past they've had more high profile electronic artists.

LCD Soundsystem would be fun before Radiohead...

I have heard "Don't Stop" by Innerpartysystem on sirius radio. They are techno. I have checked out their myspace page and I dont really care too much for their other songs. Check 'em out. You may like them.

LCD Soundsystem would be fun before Radiohead...

yeah, or justice or chemical brothers. a friend of mine went a couple years ago and there was basically a dance party tent with thievery corporation. that would be so much fun.

check out this list of tips from eHow, it's from last year, but i doubt much has changed.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2064943_go-to-lollapalooza.html

wtf do they mean by "framed" backpack? can i wear a normal bookbag type backpack?

does anyone know if food/drink is sold via ticket system?

cuz that's how it was done when i saw RH there in '01 and it a goddamn ripoff!

especially considering i can't bring my own food

yes, i know

i've been doing this all morning

just thought maybe someone i know would be able to tell me something helpful

like if chinatown is a good area to stay in

online reviews do nothing but discourage and confuse me

just stay there, i say.

I mean, are you only attending Lolla? You're gonna be getting back to the hotel LATE anyway, so you shouldn't worry so much about it.

You can take a more upscale hotel along Michigan Ave, but it'll cost you more.

6 am is a little excessive. I wanna get up close too but I also want to see a lot of good music. Just get to the main stage a couple sets in advance. No need to rush the gates to stand in one spot all day. Just my two cents.

I see this post only as a ploy to get me to show up later so you can take my spot. Damn you... :icon_indi

Ummm... no... don't stay in chinatown. Not the best of neighborhoods.

My suggestion... since chicago LOVES Radiohead, go on craigs list, and post an add "Coming to Chicago for Radiohead, and Lolla. Need a place to crash. Clean, fun loving guy, with a tight budget." :) You're boud to find a great bunch of people to crash with, and they'll take you out and show you the town too.

Midwesterners are nice like that! :)

I'd offer my place up, but I'm about to be a daddy in 3 weeks. :)

Anyway, if you get somebody who lives on the north side of the city, Edgewater, Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, Logan Square, Lincon Square, or anything like that, you'll have the time of your life. Just stay out of the south side. Nothing to do there.

An august weekend in my city is going to be the trip of your life!

Yuppies networking! BUYA!

peace.

I'd offer my place up, but I'm about to be a daddy in 3 weeks. :)

Congrats!

(Chinatown's not that bad, and IIRC, just a short Orange Line ride away...or would it be Red Line? You are right, though, about the Near North or Near West sides having much more to offer; the only thing is that it's doubtful anyone will have the energy to go out after spending all day baking in the sun at Lolla.)

i already made a reservation at a super 8 near o'hare, with a 24 hr shuttle to and from the airport

just gonna take the blue line downtown every day

it's cheaper than anywhere else i could find in the area with a non-complicated 24 hr route to downtown, and free parking

i already made a reservation at a super 8 near o'hare, with a 24 hr shuttle to and from the airport

just gonna take the blue line downtown every day

it's cheaper than anywhere else i could find in the area with a non-complicated 24 hr route to downtown, and free parking

glad to know you made plans.

I'm not getting to gates till around...8:30 or 9, i figure. I love Radiohead, yeah, but i can't do a 6 AM thing for them. I am not even sure if i am waiting all day for them.

also, CONGRATS PANIC OFFICE ON BECOMING A FATHER!

glad to know you made plans.

I'm not getting to gates till around...8:30 or 9, i figure. I love Radiohead, yeah, but i can't do a 6 AM thing for them. I am not even sure if i am waiting all day for them.

also, CONGRATS PANIC OFFICE ON BECOMING A FATHER!

8:30 or 9:00? Prepare to be looking at my ass all day, Jon; my nephew and I WILL be in front of you.