The Thief

What was the last movie you saw?

well i agree anyway i don't care for suits like that. that's what i liked about it, that he actually fought the climactic battle with his junky web shooters and loose suit. and he literally saw an even fancier suit and was like nah imma stick close to the ground f off stark

dunkirk

very well done but i think there was enough war to go around without the stupid internal conflicts/dumb kid w eggshell skull

i would say that nolan has definitely reached a new tier of filmaking here though

i really have no idea wht to expect next but id like more historical british battles like maybe galapoli

pleas no more interstellars

guardians of the galaxy vol 2

u guys should check this out if not jus for the kurt russell puts his dong where it dnt belong museum scene hha

no this was absolute crap, why did he give his mom cancer?

was that ever answered

is antenna girl alive?

my fav part of g of g 1 is the giant head planet and where that came from, jus fun to think about celestials

so i should have liked ego, they really screwed ego up though

guardians of the galaxy vol 2

u guys should check this out if not jus for the kurt russell puts his dong where it dnt belong museum scene hha

no this was absolute crap, why did he give his mom cancer?

was that ever answered

is antenna girl alive?

Kurt's dick game is too strong. And no pull out game.He gave that pussy his cancer juice.

Rookie move by her tbh. Cant go around fucking a gods and expect not to get radiation.

i left It feeling like i liked it, but on reflection that is pretty much my review as well.  some good looking scenes, and the kid actors did a fine job, but it was not scary and was a jumbled mess thematically.  the handling of the black kid was sloppy.  the scenes didnt connect to each other well and the movie had little to no internal logic.

bright star

fan of jane campion...but this left me wanting more.  beautiful scenery/production/being in that era realness....but the story/love affair felt a bit limp.

not the masterpiece i heard it was.

The Beguiled

so i feel like i'll always be a sofia coppola fan.  i love that she's willing to try out different genres and styles.  she has an impeccable visual flair in her films and i think she does a good job with her character directing....but in terms of a deep overall long lasting impression, it's a bit disappointing that she hasn't done anything as impressive as (and since) lost in translation. 

have been living it up on the festival circuit as always finding out what is hot and what is not. this might sound obvious but the new film directed by Lynne Ramsay starring Joaquin Phoenix with a soundtrack by your boi Jonny Greenwood is really good. i remember watching WNTTAK and seeing that jonny did the music at the end and i was like i didn't even notice any score but this was certainly not the case this time. you are going to love Greta Gerwig's 'Lady Bird' and you'll be all like saoirse ronan should totally have won when someone else gets the oscar unless she does win and then you'll be like 'another white gurl lol'. was massively impressed by 'Columbus', which i believe has been and gone in the american arthouses, with it's blend of meticulously beautiful composition, ambient pacing and terrific performance definitely one to seek out. the best film i saw and my film of the year so far is 120 BPM which is just a soaring, emotional macro/micro political epic with the most moving hospital handjob scene i've ever seen. run don't walk. what's not is downsizing which is all over the place but mainly a stupidly frustrating place which is way out of alexander payne's comfort zone. no real run away favourites for your oscar picks, dunkirk will probably win. 

I watched IT

Enjoyed the majority of it. It felt like an awesome coming of age movie, loved the Stand By Me vibes, I think it gets all that right.

I think Pennywise was very well done and worked fantastically when they went for the creep factor as opposed to the full on gore horror slasher type thing.

Still, I liked it a lot. 

I watched IT

Enjoyed the majority of it. It felt like an awesome coming of age movie, loved the Stand By Me vibes, I think it gets all that right.

I think Pennywise was very well done and worked fantastically when they went for the creep factor as opposed to the full on gore horror slasher type thing.

Still, I liked it a lot. 

saw it last night. dragged on. felt like a three hour movie. sound was too loud as usual, ie, bad, so i didn't catch most of what was said by the kid from stranger things. why do these kids always have to leave their bike in the middle of the road, i will never understand.

i was certainly aggravated by the fact that it felt like 12 degrees celsius in the room, and i froze my ass off during the whole movie.

saw new bladerunner in the theater on a date night with wifey.

currently have three ongoing movies im watching on dvr: land of mine, psycho, and clockwork orange

want to rewatch the babadook and toni erdmann soon

the movie i can't shake is son of saul. masterpiece of the highest order

and the babadook is really really good

Thor Ragnarok - Easily the best Marvel movie and possibly comic book movie in a long time. 

Ill keep it spoiler free but....its first and foremost the funniest movie to come out of Marvel. If you liked any of Taiki previous movies, you will love this. I dont think I have had a cinema experience that had so many laughs. The balance of structure was well done. Wonderfully comic moments, balanced with fantastic action and nice moments in between.

I really have a weird thing with Marvel movies. I liked GOTG and GOTG 2 but some of the action scenes cgi shitfests. Yes there is a lot in this but it isnt cluster. You can see whats going on. The fight scenes are thrilling. Some of the camera movements and angles were so well done. There are also a quite a few shots that look like paintings in their compositions. The new characters are welcome and it is wonderfully camp. 

5/5 ....I will be shocked if Marvel can pull off a cinema experience this enjoyable again.

thor was ok. it was funny, even though it missed a ton of times with its jokes it landed enough of them. actors are charming.

didn't care for any of the action scenes at all, though. can't give a shit anymore about those spectacular cgi fake shots, and at no point was i wondering who was going to win a fight or did i think that my protagonists would not succeed. so i don't eee how you can have a good action scene with these parameters. it's just filler in a comedy movie st this point.

I dont know, I enjoyed the fights. The camera on the hammer like Xena was cool. The movements during the sword fights were great. In comparison to the rest of marvel i thought it was much better.