The Thief

What was the last movie you saw?

the big sleep and out of the past

its so weird and funny how the dialogue in this era of films is so snappy and witty and back n forth, regardless of how outdated it looks now

oh yeah way too many white people, quite awkwardly so.

especially as scarlett johansson's character's mum is actually asian? i know they put her mind to a new body but the fact that even in the film they literally took an asian woman's mind and put it into a white woman's body is so weird

takeshi kitano was probably the best thing about it, unsurprisingly

they spend so much time making you care about spider man and that liz lady and the villain. the stakes never felt higher, either, because they made it completely believable that spider man is just a dumb kid and he could fuck up and die. and the villain isn't ultron the alien laser lord he's a working class hero trying to make a buck for his kid, and he's just robbin some weapons n stuff.

i watched Paris is Burning and found it really interesting, especially the origins of voguing, how categories (butch, military, etc.) were defined, and where it took the comptetition (that bit about the woman's coats is mind-boggling). i thought there'd be a connection with Is Paris Burning? from 1966, which is a war movie. i need to do more digging.

i watched Paris is Burning and found it really interesting, especially the origins of voguing, how categories (butch, military, etc.) were defined, and where it took the comptetition (that bit about the woman's coats is mind-boggling). i thought there'd be a connection with Is Paris Burning? from 1966, which is a war movie. i need to do more digging.

I've been putting it off for years. It's like... Three books I've read and never finished. I don't want to be done and dusted

saw spider man again today. that movie rules. best super hero movie ever and it's not close

i really liked it but the super suit kinda bugged me. obviously it worked with the story thematically but i dunno, i don't want spidey to have an iron man AI suit. doesn't feel right.