chitramyqueen

photography thread

Got a Nikon DSLR, no idea what I am doing but loving it all. Really just trying to understand it and learn how to use it right now. But its so much fun. 

33466974111_e30607bab1_b.jpgDSC_0503 by alan.bray1, on Flickr

33212655510_73b0f0576d_b.jpgLincolns Inn by alan.bray1, on Flickr

If you ever decide to visit Oxford, I'll give you a crash course in using manual mode. Though I might come out in a rash, I really don't like the ergonomics of Nikon.

4 Second long exposure fun -

32639213144_c4fb269357_b.jpg

Gas Flame by Kevin, on Flickr

If you ever decide to visit Oxford, I'll give you a crash course in using manual mode. Though I might come out in a rash, I really don't like the ergonomics of Nikon.

4 Second long exposure fun -

32639213144_c4fb269357_b.jpg

Gas Flame by Kevin, on Flickr

I am too scared to even come out of auto right now.

Trying to really educate myself whenever I can and its been a lot of fun. 

I think manual will be on the back burner for a while but for sure, if I get there, thanks for the offer. Its been too long since I got to Oxford. 

no worries, that's actually kind of what i'm going for! for me when i reflect on a memory it's kind of just a blur of colors and light, you know? so that's what i try to make my photos look like. and that garden was so pretty, i've never been surrounded by so many flowers <3

attn photo people: does anyone know anything about lenses that produce swirly bokeh? i've been looking into the helios lenses but i just read somewhere that you need a full frame camera to actually get the swirly effect in ur photos, and i have cropped frame :[ does anyone know if there's a work around for this? i don't want to get the lens if what i'm buying it for requires an entirely different camera body

this is the desired effect:

15717930587_bc945863b6_k.jpg^ giacomo ferri

4723902857_e428ae04b4_o.jpg

^dapalmerpeter 

2122784.jpg

basically the bokehs get more oblong towards the edges, supposedly it's a defect of some vintage lenses 

killin it..esp the train platform photo is so ~poignant

That was in Omaha.

There was always a late night stop somewhere and I always stayed awake for it. Everyone else slept. It was eerie at that station. Slightly ghostly vibe to it.

Really wish I could spend a day at each stop. I think that's my bucket list now.

Slightly have a fear of going through all my pics at the moment. No idea where to start.