chitramyqueen

photography thread

Well you can always try a Month in 31 pictures (or however many days that particular month lasts).
I've done it before a few times, it gives you a taste of what a 365 challenge is like. You can either pick a theme or

just look for interesting things to photograph.

thanks rose & alex :] at the time it was one of the only snowy patches of forest i could find that the morning sun hadn't yet melted. i was just driving along and it caught my eye so i had to stop and walk around in it. meanwhile we now have like 6 inches of snow here, maybe i'll go explore it tomorrow!

so a daily photo challenge.  whould there be a theme?  i've tried to do that where the challenge was to take at least one picture a day that i love and would be proud to share. 

well you could do something like this: 

SMeBgSm.jpg

but i think i'm going to go with something along the lines of kevin's idea

Yeah i was thinking of doing something like that altho kinda already missed 1st jan also idk what i wanna do so thats it I guess lol

it's not too late! i kinda revised my initial plan but i'm going to do a much more lax one. like maybe 28/30/31 pics to represent a month rather than doing a pic every day, that way i'm not stressing myself out and feeling like i need to be meeting a daily deadline for myself

Well you can always try a Month in 31 pictures (or however many days that particular month lasts).
I've done it before a few times, it gives you a taste of what a 365 challenge is like. You can either pick a theme or

just look for interesting things to photograph.

i like this idea much better than what i was initially going to do!

i visited the ice castle display in new hampshire yesterday. unfortunately there was a no tripod rule so these photos aren't quite the quality or exposure i'd like them to be but i'm still happy with them.

32028048282_98d0d01523_o.jpg

32028044202_61a993af82_o.jpg

31801235090_e5e4219fb6_o.jpg

32028051042_293864fe02_o.jpg

what the fuck. it's crystal tokyo...thats the most interesting location ive ever seen n didnt know it existed in the u.s  or really outside of 80s videos icy album covers and some up north country ill never visit.looks like a ton of ghosts. i think this is the first time in my life someone has made me want to go somewhere far. thank you

it's a traveling art sculpture/display kinda thing! these people build these at different locations in the u.s./canada for a couple weeks at the end of december and beginning of january. it's a very popular attraction, these pics were timed so that it looks empty but it was packed lol. you should check out the locations for next year and see if any are close enough to you :]

it's not too late! i kinda revised my initial plan but i'm going to do a much more lax one. like maybe 28/30/31 pics to represent a month rather than doing a pic every day, that way i'm not stressing myself out and feeling like i need to be meeting a daily deadline for myself

:)

I like this idea. Well kinda like a combo of this and what tapzilla said, like reflecting on the month and like pick a pic for it idk. Gives me a chance to look back and contemplate and appreciate the passed time. Man time moves so fast we're already into the second (second!!!) week of the year its mental. Its good to sorta keep track of it like this. I will try this thank you :>

Sorta not related but kinda is: what Ive been doing and intend to keep doing everyday this year is to do/take note of a memorable thing that happened/i did that day. Even if its the smallest of thing that made me a little happy, like getting good food, bought a really nice lipstick, comforted a friend, etc. Makes you grateful and actively work towards feeling good everyday and like, realise even on the most shittiest day, things aren't really that bad and its not all gloom, if only you let yourself *see* it

Lol sorry for the unrelated rambling anyhoo great pics and colours as always cassie :****

sorry for like spamming this thread everyone my camera is my only real friend rn

today i went on the only trail i've never been on before in my favorite state forest

31483165543_bf8f634561_o.jpg

32293695425_634da96f3a_o.jpg

32293716495_64977af998_o.jpg

31452070974_d20516786f_o.jpg

32254779196_7d564af7ee_o.jpg

32144412642_c5c5f19ecd_o.jpg

32293850545_9f715c45a8_o.jpg

31483162783_cc54a5f73d_o.jpg

Thanks, London had a beautiful fog that evening. I really love cities when they look like that

Love your pics. The effect on the flowing water always calms me for some reason. I just watched the new Blair Witch tho so....I part calm / part nervous :P

you should post more often! i love seeing city pics, it's such a change from the boonies i live in. thanks :] i like flowing water if it's like 2 inches deep. anything else gives me palpitations lol

i have 2 more greenhouse pics that i like:

32146388712_71f4107891_o.jpg

32146386562_497b31625c_o.jpg

Went to the trap grounds for the first time in a while. Saw 2 Kingfishers flying around, they are difficult to photograph.

32367052736_b3151da88f_b.jpg

Swans - The Trap Grounds by Kevin, on Flickr

32406387435_e3ee5e64f5_b.jpg

The Boardwalk by Kevin, on Flickr

32029017130_599daeedf6_b.jpg

Bird in flight, Bird Perched. by Kevin, on Flickr

32406368195_840d6658b9_b.jpg

Elusive Kingfishers by Kevin, on Flickr

32406374905_823cb94f8a_b.jpg

Plant Life The Trap Grounds by Kevin, on Flickr

oh man the second one is GREAT. i like how obscured it looks, like time kind of buried it. reminds me of like a noir still from the 30s or 40s