chitramyqueen

photography thread

i'm trying to finish off a project and wouldn't mind some input from people.

at uni we were given a brief for our end of year exhibition on "Power and Control". most of the suggested reading was heavy, depressing and made me hate photography / photographers, so i decided to ignore everything and have fun because that's why i decided to do photography in the first place: i love taking pictures.

so this is a collection of photos taken over the last seven months without any briefs or institutionalised forced projects in mind. as individual images, they're mostly unrelated. all taken at different times, etc. but they were all taken with the aim of creating a "fun" image: fun to create, fun to look at. so for the exhibition (and as a personal project too), i'm looking at how the images, even when unrelated, can kinda talk to each other, through things like colour, content, composition, etc., how the sequence can colour the overall meaning of the images, as well as how they can comment on themselves, on photography and on the act of looking as a whole.

for the exhibition, i like the idea of people being able to enjoy handling the images and creating their own sequences. having fun looking at them and interacting with their context. that's not possible (yet) online, but i wouldn't mind some thoughts on the sequence i've put up for now:

http://mjlc.co.uk/projects/homogenisation/index.html

i'm really high right now so i dont know how constructive i can be but i enjoyed the sequence as you had it i feel like every photo was linked to the previous one in some way sometimes more tangibly than others but it was fun to explore

i'm really high right now so i dont know how constructive i can be but i enjoyed the sequence as you had it i feel like every photo was linked to the previous one in some way sometimes more tangibly than others but it was fun to explore

great! that's just what i was hoping for! thanks!