jmaureen

the girls only thread

yeah the jeans i got are a dark rinse but i also got them in this really light tan color, which surprisingly doesn't make me look huge, so that's fun.

those smaller purses are all really cute. and i don't usually like clutches but i'd consider getting one of those, the fabric choices are really lovely. link to the shop??

oh and for the record i like the lighter colored one. this one

il_430xN.134405740.jpg

i just think it would match with more outfits than an all yellow one

edit: ps rose, i dunno if you already get our emails or not but if you sign up for kohl's emails you get 10% off your first online purchase, and you can always unsubscribe if you just wanna get the discount. jus sayinnn cuz i know i love savin money so i always try to help others save money too

doooooood this came yesterday and i picked it up today and its fuckinb eautiful i cant wait to bring it to this dance thing thats happening this weekend that i'm going to with my friend rachel

only problem is i'm not really sure what to wear. i ordered that dress from kohls but i dont think it will be here by then, and also i was kind of thinkin about wearing that to the big outdoor dance that happens right before we graduate. so my dilemma is that i have basically two suitable dresses that i've worn elsewhere before and i'm tryin to figure out if thats ok or if i should go back to a consignment store and look some more (i looked this weekend in one and found nothing) the first one i wore to the big outdoor dance that i mentioned above but last year, but then i also wore it to a christmas party this winter that the people were throwing that i'm going to be going to this dance with. the other dress i wore slightly more recently to "senior prom" but yet again with the same people. would it be weird to wear one of these dresses again so soon?

oh i dunno, i don't really have a problem wearing a dress more than once because you can always change it up with different accessories. maybe wear one of those dresses with a cardigan or different shoes or something? to make it look "different"?

pants can be p lame especially when they lack chair legs glued to the ass pockets of the pants so you cant even just let go in yr legs and be held by the chair legs like yu gotta just stand wth

they can be ok sometimes when they tighten the derriere but then sometimes they tighten the hips and give the fat pudge lovehandles even if you're not even fat.

personally i wanna boycott pants i hav much better times when im only wearin undies but not alll of this world is not that free spirited, yet

oh i dunno, i don't really have a problem wearing a dress more than once because you can always change it up with different accessories. maybe wear one of those dresses with a cardigan or different shoes or something? to make it look "different"?

yeah i dont really remember whether i was wearing a cardigan before, generally i always dress up with the same sweater these days but i didnt have it last year so idk. i could maybe wear a different sweater. i'll definitely be wearing differnet shoes though cuz last time i wore a dress anywhere i didn't even own any proper flats let alone heels so i think i borrowed my friends heels one time and her flats the next. this time i'm gonna do it right and wear my new heels

i guess the other thing is both of the most recent times i wore these dresses it was cold so i was wearing probably like two pairs of tights, one solid and one lacy. maybe this time i could go with just a lacy pair or none at all idk

i guess i'm leaning towards the one i wore twice already since both of those were longer ago than the other one. once i borrowed a friend's dress to go to this charity dinner thing but i think now that i have dresses i'll skip the borrowing since i tend to sweat a little bit and i hate doin that shit to othe rpeople's dresses

oh hey here's a picture of the dress i think i'ma wear that i took wheni bought it like a year ago

photo926.jpg

i still may go down to the mall and see if i can find anything decently priced if i can find the time

I finally bought a pair of skinny leg jeans (did I mention this already?) and I love 'em. But fuck they were expensive. A hundred and ten bucks! But really it's not such a big deal as I hate shopping and I will likely not buy anything else for months. They're stretchy and called second Yoga something and I have to roll the leg ends up twice cause I'm a shrimp but it looks sweet - especially with my Blunnies. I got mid rise which is still more hipsterish (as opposed to high waisted) than I'm used to but I got a belt and that looks sweet too.

that is all

ok no it's not...

Rose, I totally think it's idiotic to expect people to only wear something once. I think it's awesome to see things being well worn. but that's me

yeah i dont really remember whether i was wearing a cardigan before, generally i always dress up with the same sweater these days but i didnt have it last year so idk. i could maybe wear a different sweater. i'll definitely be wearing differnet shoes though cuz last time i wore a dress anywhere i didn't even own any proper flats let alone heels so i think i borrowed my friends heels one time and her flats the next. this time i'm gonna do it right and wear my new heels

i guess the other thing is both of the most recent times i wore these dresses it was cold so i was wearing probably like two pairs of tights, one solid and one lacy. maybe this time i could go with just a lacy pair or none at all idk

i guess i'm leaning towards the one i wore twice already since both of those were longer ago than the other one. once i borrowed a friend's dress to go to this charity dinner thing but i think now that i have dresses i'll skip the borrowing since i tend to sweat a little bit and i hate doin that shit to othe rpeople's dresses

oh hey here's a picture of the dress i think i'ma wear that i took wheni bought it like a year ago

photo926.jpg

i still may go down to the mall and see if i can find anything decently priced if i can find the time

this is nice and i think the purse will go with it well cuz it looks like there might be a little bit of yellow in the dress? or at least some yellowy greens.

'course i also think you should explore your options!

doooooood this came yesterday and i picked it up today and its fuckinb eautiful i cant wait to bring it to this dance thing thats happening this weekend that i'm going to with my friend rachel

only problem is i'm not really sure what to wear. i ordered that dress from kohls but i dont think it will be here by then, and also i was kind of thinkin about wearing that to the big outdoor dance that happens right before we graduate. so my dilemma is that i have basically two suitable dresses that i've worn elsewhere before and i'm tryin to figure out if thats ok or if i should go back to a consignment store and look some more (i looked this weekend in one and found nothing) the first one i wore to the big outdoor dance that i mentioned above but last year, but then i also wore it to a christmas party this winter that the people were throwing that i'm going to be going to this dance with. the other dress i wore slightly more recently to "senior prom" but yet again with the same people. would it be weird to wear one of these dresses again so soon?

outfit repeater

if you're confident in wearing it again then go for it. but if you're not and have doubts then don't cuz you'll just be self-conscious and awkward and won't enjoy your evening.

plus i will be smdh at you if you do wear it lol

have fun!

I was painting last night and my hair kept getting in my face and I pushed it back and tilted my head to get a better visual angle at what I was doing, and it felt weird because I had inadvertently parted my hair on the right, which I haven't literally done in a long, long time. I stopped painting for a moment and thought about it, because I remember for a long time I kept switching what side my hair was parted on, and finally I remembered: I've been parting my hair on the left for all this time because one day when I was talking to Elijah I randomly asked him what side I should part my hair in and he told me the left because he did his on the right. I don't know if it's weirder: the fact that I've felt oddly compelled to part my hair on the left everyday for years without remembering why, or the fact that since following his advice since then my hair started growing at an unusually fast rate.

I just literally spent half an hour writing this long autobiographical post about the correlation between my hair and my self confidence as a woman and I can't believe I just shortened it all to that one paragraph.

It's not even the point of what I was originally going to post.

I just literally spent half an hour writing this long autobiographical post about the correlation between my hair and my self confidence as a woman and I can't believe I just shortened it all to that one paragraph.

It's not even the point of what I was originally going to post.

i almost wrote my college essay about the metaphorical meaning of my hair switching from straight to curly. i'm glad i did not. also i wonder if there will ever be an event in which wearing my prom dress would be applicable. i mean it's essentially a cocktail dress. maybe i'll marry rich and attend a banquet.

a prom dress is something you shouldn't repeat wearing :/

no sorry my post was misleading. i had "senior prom" in quotation marks cuz i'm a senior in college not high school and it was jsut this dance thing put on by the class board i mean i definitely didn't wear a prom dress i just wore a black and white cocktail dress

both of these dresses i am thinking about wearing are above the knee. i mean my friend-date rachel is apparently wearing her high school homecoming dress lol but we didn't have proper homecomings so i never really wore a nice dress anywhere until senior prom since to junior prom i wore a long nice dress that just didn't happen to be prom-y. and hte dress i wore to senior prom would maybe fit i dunno but it wouldn't look nearly as good and i don't think i'm up to wearing a long dress to this, if i buy anything it'll definitely be knee-ish

also i dunno what kinda dresses people normally wear to homecoming do theyw ear short dresses or long dresses??