meandmyarmy

UFC

The fight card for UFC 83 was announced today!

Main Event:

UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra vs. Interim UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre

Under card:

185 lbs.: Rich Franklin (22-3) vs. Travis Lutter (9-4)

185 lbs.: Michael Bisping (15-1) vs. Charles McCarthy (10-4)

185 lbs.: Patrick Cote (12-4) vs. TBA

155 lbs.: Mac Danzig (17-4-1) vs. Mark Bocek (5-1)

185 lbs.: Jason MacDonald (19-9) vs. Joe Doerksen (39-11)

185 lbs.: Ed Herman (14-5) vs. Demian Maia (6-0)

185 lbs.: Kalib Starnes (8-2-1) vs. Nate Quarry (9-2)

170 lbs.: Jonathan Goulet (21-9) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (11-4)

155 lbs.: Sam Stout (13-3-1) vs. Rich Clementi (30-12-1)

Bought my tickets yesterday, two tickets for $500. I will be about 29 rows from the octagon!!

Tickets are selling for CRAZY prices on the internet, eg the same two tickets I bout for $500 yesterday are selling for $3500!

I might scalp these tickets and sit in the nose bleeds

Abbott is a fatter older version of Lesnar? Abbott was a 4 time all American and division one national champion? Really? I had no idea, i thought he was just some fat piece of shit that punched really hard...

well i wasnt being completely serious

Also, are you sure that was a kneebar? I thought it was a toe-hold...

yeah it was definitely a knee bar. though interestingly a toe hold is what frank mir used to submit tank abbott

woah i heard that rich franklin had injured himself and was out until at least june, ill have to look that up

id really want to see gsp and franklin fight, and to a lesser extent the sam stout and rich clementi fight would be good, but im not too interested in the rest of the card

actually thats not true. id like to see cote, bisping, herman, danzig and quarry all to some extent

and guys im training in bjj now, so its only a few years before you see meandmyarmy on a card

ufc 82 was a pretty solid card, though most of the more exciting fights were on the undercard. i picked every fight except for kongo v herring (i thought kongo won the decision but hey) and arlovski v obrien (had to go for at least one upset)

other than a fight with okami (who anderson lost a debatable disqualification to a few years ago) theres really no one else at 185 left for him to fight. the one fight everyone wants to see is silva v GSP, and silva hinted at dropping to 170, however i think theres really nothing else for him to do down at 170, so i think he might be better off waiting for GSP to move up to 185, and after that fight move up to 205 himself, because thats a really exciting division at the moment

ufc 82 was a pretty solid card, though most of the more exciting fights were on the undercard. i picked every fight except for kongo v herring (i thought kongo won the decision but hey) and arlovski v obrien (had to go for at least one upset)

other than a fight with okami (who anderson lost a debatable disqualification to a few years ago) theres really no one else at 185 left for him to fight. the one fight everyone wants to see is silva v GSP, and silva hinted at dropping to 170, however i think theres really nothing else for him to do down at 170, so i think he might be better off waiting for GSP to move up to 185, and after that fight move up to 205 himself, because thats a really exciting division at the moment

I could see Silva going up to 205 and beating Rampage. I was watching those old fights between Wanderlei Silva and Rampage in Pride, and it was pretty much the clinch and the knees that fucked Rampage up. Last time I checked Anderson Silva is pretty good at that

i think rampage will have worked on defending against the clinch however i dont think that will really matter against anderson silva. he would soften him up with some quick, accurate strikes from the outside and then start throwing elbows and knees on the inside. similar to how he did against dan henderson

i think rampage will have worked on defending against the clinch however i dont think that will really matter against anderson silva. he would soften him up with some quick, accurate strikes from the outside and then start throwing elbows and knees on the inside. similar to how he did against dan henderson

haha i rented the Silva fights on netflix. what is up with Franklin and Silva, they are like gay butt buddies or something. after the second fight they must've hugged about 10 times, then in the post match Silva was crying and apologizing.

anyway i got my friends into UFC, we ordered the last event and everyone loved it. So we're gonna order the next one, should be good rematch. Do you think the first GSP-Serra fight was a fluke?

haha i rented the Silva fights on netflix. what is up with Franklin and Silva, they are like gay butt buddies or something. after the second fight they must've hugged about 10 times, then in the post match Silva was crying and apologizing.

anyway i got my friends into UFC, we ordered the last event and everyone loved it. So we're gonna order the next one, should be good rematch. Do you think the first GSP-Serra fight was a fluke?

Yes it was, and I'll be 18 rows back whe Georges takes his belt back!

yeah everyone wanted them to be fierce rivals but they actually really like and respect each other

i think serra did win by fluke in their first fight, but thats the thing about mma, no matter whats happened so far in the fight one crazy punch or quick submission attempt can end it. im sure youve seen ryo chonans flying heel hook on anderson silva and check the chris leben terry martin knockout. i think ive posted that vid a few times

i think GSP has better stand up than serra after all he has a black belt in karate and has dominated every opponent in striking except for perhaps bj penn. serra has obviously been working on stand up but hes never looked that impressive, and that was his first knockout of his career whereas GSP has 7.

GSP has far better takedowns, takedown defence and wrestling than serra. really its up to GSP whether the fight stays standing or goes to the ground, despite how much serra might want to get it down

although GSP is a brown belt in jiu jitsu, serra has a black belt and is one of the top sport jiu jitsu competitors in the world, so he definitely has the edge there. that said if GSP gets on top of serra, i think at best he'll be able to use his jiu jitsu to defend form getting stopped by ground and pound. i cant see him submitting GSP off his back. however if serra gets on top he could use his jiu jitsu to get into an advantageous position to hurt GSP with strikes

id also give GSP the edge in speed, strength, athleticism and cardio. their is a question over how mentally tough he is after his first fight against serra but if you saw how he looked against josh koscheck and matt hughes (III) youd should have your doubts squashed

i would pick GSP to win by knocking out serra standing or through ground and pound in one of the first three rounds

im not sure whats gonna happen but this mark cuban guy really seems set on getting us fedor v randy

nick diaz > gomi

Diaz may have beaten Gomi, but we all know Diaz won cause he was high out of his gord... lol... nah but really that was an amazing fight and i'd love for them to fight again... Gomi completely let his guard down, he was pummeling Diaz pretty much at will and just got careless... He broke Diaz's orbital bone for fucks sake...

Gomi is the fucking man...

and I hope Cuban can get somethin done with Fedor... Cuban has the smarts and the money to do it right and do it big

i love the diaz brothers, theyre so exciting to watch and nick is such a badass. a rematch would be cool with gomi except hes fighting for WVR and diaz is in elitexc, both of which are lame

nate diaz v kurt pellegrino is gonna be an epic ground war

i love the diaz brothers, theyre so exciting to watch and nick is such a badass. a rematch would be cool with gomi except hes fighting for WVR and diaz is in elitexc, both of which are lame

nate diaz v kurt pellegrino is gonna be an epic ground war

nah, fuck the diaz brothers... Nick cries like a bitch when he loses or a decision doesnt go his way and Nate is just a piece of shit thug... I couldn't stand the way he acted on TUF... Puts a black eye on the sport

nah, fuck the diaz brothers... Nick cries like a bitch when he loses or a decision doesnt go his way and Nate is just a piece of shit thug... I couldn't stand the way he acted on TUF... Puts a black eye on the sport

well nick has the right to complain about at least 2 of the decisions he lost (i hope the judge that scored the karo fight 30-27 never judged again) and that last elitexc fight he lost by cut was BS too. he is a somewhat of a thug, but thats entertaining. i think the fact that he threw a shoe at diego sanchez before their match is brilliant and how he got in his face when they were to touch gloves just makes him exciting to watch

i havent seen that series of TUF but ive seen a couple of video interviews with nate and he seemed like a real cool guy

apparently its the only fight that couture wants also. it just may happen

personally i think couture is totally in the wrong. he retired and then the UFC gave him a title shot first fight back, paying him $500,000 to do so, the highest single UFC fight pay that i know of, has one more fight and then backs out on his contract. the UFC is still being pretty gay though trying to stop couture cornering the guys he trains who fight in other organisations etc

however i think couture owes it to the UFC to finish his contract and fight big nog. that said if he were to lose to big nog it would take some of the shine off a fight with fedor, so i can see why some would want him to go straight for fedor

all of this should be of no concern, because fedor should be fighting in the UFC, but Dana wont stop for 2 seconds to take his fucking foot out of his mouth... because of his fucking ego he cant sign the top fighter in the world and it sucks... With everything Couture has done for the UFC, they need to let him do his thing...

and on that season of TUF, Nate was the one always pulling his shirt off trying to fight people in the house... as far as Nick, you can get pissed about a decision, but dont act like a complete titty baby...