meandmyarmy

UFC

I would have no idea...

oh... well they are a really small market team with a low payroll and still manage to have a pretty good team (but that's only recently.... i've suffered through 15 years of them being one of the worst in the league)

anyway..... i don't want baseball to take over this thread so carry on your UFC talk.

The best fight we can hope for in MMA right now is Josh Barnett vs. Fedor Emelianenko... Anyone who REALLY follows the sport, not UFC, but the sport of MMA knows that Couture would get the brakes beaten off of him by both Barnett and Fedor... Couture v. Fedor would be epic, but fuck fedor would rape him...

Nog is going to submit Tim...

I have no idea what's going to happen with Lesnar, it will be entertaining...

Top 3 P4P in no order- Fedor, GSP, BJ Penn... Penn is going to destroy Sherk and I hope Serra beats GSP again but it wont happen...

Fedor is rumored to fight Semmy Schilt in April and his brother Aleks is rumored to fight Josh Barnett, this could lead up to an epic Fedor v. Barnett... we'll see...

oh and Gomi just signed to World Victory Road... What the fuck man? What is WVR?

im a massive mma fan, not just ufc, and i still think couture v fedor would be a great fight. on paper fedor would beat randy easily. however randy has probably been an underdog in every fight hes ever fought and yet he finds ways to win.

id be interested for barnett v fedor as well but not so much. i guess because barnett lost to cro cop three times and fedor beat cro cop. oh no! mma math!

i sure hope nog does submit tim. thats what ive been saying in my online picks but im scared tim could win a slow standing or GnP decision

frank mir is one of my favourite fighters. i think he just came back a bit too soon after his motorcycle accident and he wasnt fully in shape. though he did look good against hardonk. i think people are forgetting this guy was the heavyweight champ, 8-1, and broke tim sylvia's arm, before the accident. i really hope mir wins this by impressive submission

not having anderson silva in your p4p is ... ! i think bj penn will beat sherk by submission in one of the early rounds however it goes into the 4th or 5th, even if this is the most in shape bj ever, sherk will being to dominate him. dont bring up the story of steroids plz!

world victory road is a japanese company with some serious monetary backing. it was formed after pride was bought out by zuffa. apparently gomi is being offered US $190,000 per fight which has to be far more than what the ufc was prepared to pay him

I really like Silva and am thoroughly impressed and he's probably number 4, but you can't argue Fedor, a focused BJ Penn is a god and GSP's dismantling of Hughes puts him up there... I will make a decision on Silva after he fights Henderson, but i think Henderson will win...

also, what do you think about Shogun vs. Liddell being announced? Two of my favorite fighters, i want to see it happen, but not this soon... it's not a good fight to take for either fighter...

and with Barnett, he lost a decision, a fight after a full length war with Nog in the same night and dislocated his shoulder in the other...

I know Randy is able to always bring his A-game, but his A-game isn't Fedor's B-Game...

I'm convinced the only way Fedor will lose is if he loses his mental edge or gets a nasty cut on his paper thin face... His physical skills and fight prep are just untouchable...

im not sure what to think about the liddell v shogun match. at first i was like "woah superfight!" but then i thought that its kind of early on in their marches towards the title and it would be a pretty big setback for the loser. cant complain though

im not sure what to think about the liddell v shogun match. at first i was like "woah superfight!" but then i thought that its kind of early on in their marches towards the title and it would be a pretty big setback for the loser. cant complain though

Fedor isn't in your top 3? really?

and those are my exact sentiments with the liddell shogun fight... Shogun is still uknown but very hyped in the UFC, and Liddell is the poster boy... Shogun loses, then UFC takes a big hit on an investment and if Liddell loses it pretty much ruins any shot at the title he could get... i dont like it, not yet...

its hard to argue fedor isnt great, i mean i didnt put any heavyweights above him, and in my eyes he's really never lost. that tko cut was bullshit, it wasnt bad enough to stop the fight, and the cut was accidental, the guy threw a punch and somehow caught him with his elbow on the follow through after he missed

anyway

the reason why i didnt have him higher is because i dont think the competition he has faced is that great. i mean beating an aging mark coleman or kevin randleman is fine, but not that impressive. he finishes a lot of fights but when he has faced what i consider the top competition, big nog, cro cop, ricardo arona and to a lesser extent babalu, hes only won by decision

its hard to argue fedor isnt great, i mean i didnt put any heavyweights above him, and in my eyes he's really never lost. that tko cut was bullshit, it wasnt bad enough to stop the fight, and the cut was accidental, the guy threw a punch and somehow caught him with his elbow on the follow through after he missed

anyway

the reason why i didnt have him higher is because i dont think the competition he has faced is that great. i mean beating an aging mark coleman or kevin randleman is fine, but not that impressive. he finishes a lot of fights but when he has faced what i consider the top competition, big nog, cro cop, ricardo arona and to a lesser extent babalu, hes only won by decision

Arona and Babalu were early in his career... Bab and Arona are two of the top BJJ guys fighting today, I can understand Fedor needing to get his feet wet...

He beat the dogshit out of Noguiera twice... Nobody other than Barnett has ever beaten him... He raped the most game CroCop we've seen... Dispatched guys twice his size in a matter of minutes... Sometimes seconds...

Just watching him fight i dont get how any one can beat him, he's too fast, punches too hard, is probably the top armbar practicioner on the planet, not to mention possibly the greatest Sambo practicioner on the planet, and he is an insanely smart fighter... Maybe i'm just an overzealous fanboy... i dunno...

So what about Nog gettin the belt last night? I knew he would

Lesnar looks like with a few years under his belt, he'll be a world beater... he got caught in a nasty sub, but was absolutely dominating up till that point... It'll take a high level bjj guy to beat him...

ah i went to watch the UFC when it was on in manchester! was awesome!

haha me and my friend were baying for blood, unreal, we got really adrenalised. awesome. cro cop got knocked the fuck out and i got asked to please "stay seated". i found it hard to. love it hahahahaha its so brutal and silly and gruesome and great. fun fun fun.

does anyone have a link to the lesnar fight. as a wrestling fan i am interested to see this. i dont know much about this MMA lark but losing in the first round sounds like quite an embarrassing loss i'd of thought he would kill someone with his size and speed.

WOW

should have been named ufc 81: gullotines

big nog was getting dominated as usual and then pulled off a submission within 10 seconds of it going to the ground. not surprising but still impressive

almeida and marquadt were both impressive as well

i tipped against lytle, mainly because i dont like him, but also because hes rubbish and there was a possiblity this new kid could be real good but he got dominated

and frank mir v lesnar what a match. frank mir and rich franklin are my favourite fighters, and i pretty much stacked my whole credibility on an mma board on frank mir in this fight. lesnar was pretty impressive, showed that he was strong and aggressive, but frank mir wow. what a kneebar.

does anyone have a link to the lesnar fight. as a wrestling fan i am interested to see this. i dont know much about this MMA lark but losing in the first round sounds like quite an embarrassing loss i'd of thought he would kill someone with his size and speed.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ufc+81/video/x496wp_ufc8105brocklesnarvsfrankmir_sport

to explain some of what happened, the fight was temporarily stopped because lesnar punched mir in the back of the head which is illegal. i thought breaking them apart was okay but taking a point off lesnar was unnecessary, but it didnt matter because the fight didnt end up going to the judges scorecards. and then how frank mir won was with what is called a knee bar. you get a fulcrum, eg, your hips and put that above the knee and then pull the foot so that the leg bends the knee joint backwards where its not supposed to go, so it hurts a lot and lesnar had to tap out

from that video i can deduce that there is more to this than hitting the guy as hard as you can. lesnar didn't look like he had much of a plan at all but id imagine he'll beat a few people if he can keep hitting them that hard. pretty sick how mir got that submission hold in so quickly. i might have to watch a bit more of this

kimbo slice is fighting tank abbott, pretty much an older fatter hairier version of brock lesnar, on elitexc on the 16th of february

i hate kimbo, i hope he gets his ass kicked.

anyway about the lesnar fight, at least Lesnar gave Mir the credit at the end of the fight. I always thought Lesnar was one of those cocky assholes, but i have more respect for him now that I actually heard him speak

kimbo only has one professional mma fight but hes been training for 1-2 years, kinda like lesnar. however tank abbott, even though hes been in professional mma for over 10 years, is still pretty much just a pub brawler. he has no cardio or ground skills and thats why he has a losing record. however he does have knockout power as he can bench press over 600lbs. if the fight stays standing then it will be exciting to watch with two big guys just throwing bombs, but if it goes to the ground i see kimbo probably choking out tank abbott

and lesnar was being extremely cocky before the fight, but youre right, at least afterwards he paid credit to mir

kimbo only has one professional mma fight but hes been training for 1-2 years, kinda like lesnar. however tank abbott, even though hes been in professional mma for over 10 years, is still pretty much just a pub brawler. he has no cardio or ground skills and thats why he has a losing record. however he does have knockout power as he can bench press over 600lbs. if the fight stays standing then it will be exciting to watch with two big guys just throwing bombs, but if it goes to the ground i see kimbo probably choking out tank abbott

and lesnar was being extremely cocky before the fight, but youre right, at least afterwards he paid credit to mir

should be good. does Kimbo have a contract with the UFC?

I gotta start learning more about fighters in the MMA, I can see this being one of my new favorite things to watch. Pretty much the thing that got me so interested was seeing that video of Silva fucking up Rich Franklin's face. Than i saw the rematch in Franklin's hometown and he got fucked up again hahahah, so great. I dont even remember how i came across the video.

kimbo isnt signed with the ufc at the moment. i imagine if he dominates tank abbott he might get offered one though. and he has two fights my mistake

rich franklin is my favourite fighter, so watching him get destroyed by anderson silva twice wasnt exactly fun. i dont resent him for it though, hes a likeable guy and a phenomenal fighter

if youre interested in finding out about some more mma fighters, try and find some fights of georges st pierre, bj penn, chuck liddell, quinton rampage jackson, randy couture and fedor emelianenko. theyre just some of the best and most well known fighters at the moment

kimbo isnt signed with the ufc at the moment. i imagine if he dominates tank abbott he might get offered one though. and he has two fights my mistake

rich franklin is my favourite fighter, so watching him get destroyed by anderson silva twice wasnt exactly fun. i dont resent him for it though, hes a likeable guy and a phenomenal fighter

if youre interested in finding out about some more mma fighters, try and find some fights of georges st pierre, bj penn, chuck liddell, quinton rampage jackson, randy couture and fedor emelianenko. theyre just some of the best and most well known fighters at the moment

i saw that fight were rampage knocked out liddell. I read alot about these guys on wikipedia, its awesome how its pretty much impossible to go undefeated, I read one guy profile, see that he's lost to someone, so i read about that guy, than he's lost to someone. I'm guessing theres not many people with a perfect MMA record.

former welterweight champ matt hughes always says if youve never lost a fight, youre not fighting the right people

people with great records considering who they have fought are fedor emelianenko (28-1) with his only loss coming by a stoppage from a cut. it totally wouldnt have been stopped by the ufcs standards

george st pierre (15-2) only losing to an excellent submission with one second to go in the first round against matt hughes and a somewhat lucky punch from matt serra

sean sherk (32-2-1) only losing to georges st pierre and matt hughes at a weight class higher than what he should fight at. however he was stripped of the lightweight title for testing positive for steroids, though there was some controversy of the reliability of that and he claims innocence

there is also lyoto machida (12-0) thiago silva (12-0) and frank edgar (8-0) all excellent up and comers who have beaten great oppenents but now have the opportunity to prove themselves against the very top level guys

Several things... Fedor's loss was bullshit because not only was it a cut stoppage, but the cut was a result of an illegal blow(Elbows were illegal in that org) but seeing as how it was a japanese fighter, the japanese fighter got the benefit of the doubt and was awarded the win....

Fedor owns...

Abbott is a fatter older version of Lesnar? Abbott was a 4 time all American and division one national champion? Really? I had no idea, i thought he was just some fat piece of shit that punched really hard...

Kimbo's a tool, he'll never earn any credibility...

Also, are you sure that was a kneebar? I thought it was a toe-hold...